Java Edition Classic 0.0.12a
(Redirected from 0.0.12a)
May 19, 2009
Client not archived
|This version is currently missing.|
While this version is known to exist it is missing from the launcher and has not been archived elsewhere, meaning that it is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on .
It is worth noting that numerous fake copies of this version exist, so please consider checking the dates of the files inside.
- Unobtainable to the player.
- Initially referred as "unbreakable stone".
- Bedrock and the layer above (if at the bottom of the world) is always dark even if exposed to the sky.
- Cannot be broken, placed against or otherwise selected
- An infinite ocean now surrounds the map.
- The player can no longer pass the edge of the map.
- Pressing Esc now opens the pause menu.
- Pressing F cycles between four levels of render distance.
- Pressing N saves the current level as a level.dat file.
- Only saves the level if the world changed since the last save.
- Water now flows to fill any available space below or next to it.
- With just one water source the entire world will be flooded.
- World Generation
- Worlds made before 0.0.12a will receive a bedrock layer at the bottom of the map and an ocean surrounding it.
- New level generator.
- Terrain is more messy with more bumps visible on the surface.
- Lakes occur when the surrounding water is at a higher level than the terrain.
- All dirt with access to sunlight will not become grass upon world generation if below water level.
- Lava lakes also spawn occasionally.
- Surface dirt layer is more uniform.
- Almost always there is a layer of grass with dirt under it above stone.
- Cliff faces can no longer be made of pure dirt and grass.
- Mobs no longer get reset on level reset, meaning there is no way to get rid of mobs now.
- While some sources imply that this version was released on May 20, due to timezones differences it was actually released at 22:36 UTC on May 19 (which is 00:36 on May 20, Sweden time).
- "0.0.12a is up" – The Word of Notch, May 20, 2009
- "TigIRC logs" (archived) – Archive.org, May 19, 2009, UTC–4. "(18:36:09) notch: 0.0.12a is up. Water, lava, new map generation,rendering distance toggle"
- "Minecraft Water test" – Nizzotch Archive – via YouTube
- "Minecraft Huge flood" – Nizzotch Archive – via YouTube
- "TigIRC logs" (archived) – Archive.org, May 19, 2009, UTC–4. "(18:39:43) <notch> oh, they don't get reset on level resets either.. I'd better fix that."