|Version history and upcoming features|
This page is about planned versions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence, or have received development versions.
1.9, known as The Combat Update, is an upcoming update to Minecraft with no set release date. It is currently listed in the bug tracker as "Far Future Version - 1.9+", and has been mentioned by the Minecraft developers.
- Boats (with version exclusive properties)
- Larger in size.
- Crafting recipe is 5 wood planks and a wooden shovel
- When in boat, two buttons for steering appear. The right button steers to the left, the left button steers to the right. Pressing both buttons move forward
- Are more resistant to damage - when colliding with another block the boat will not break
- Can support two riders, including passive mobs.
- Passive mobs can ride in a boat without the player.
- Grass Path
- Grass path blocks that are lower than normal grass blocks
- To create, tap and hold a grass block with a shovel
- Replaces the gravel paths in villages.
- Fishing Rods
- Version exclusive: Cubic Bobber.
- Block of Redstone
- Only purpose is to store redstone dust
- Magma cream (inventory editing only)
- Boats (with version exclusive properties)
- Player can choose 'Steve' and 'Alex' models or their own custom skin (uses the same format as PC)
- Rename worlds
- Change gamemode
- Lock/unlock day cycle
- Make old worlds infinite
- Added view bobber slider
- Status effects (Potions won't be added until the Nether is added.)
- Currently, only poison, nausea and hunger can be attained from cave spiders, raw food and pufferfish
- Creative Inventory Additions
- Added a hide button to the chat screen
- Moved the Edit button in the world selection menu from the top right corner to the side of each world, along with a new icon
- External button now appears when tapping New rather than Edit.
- Improved World/IP list
- Added hat layer of pigmen heads, like the PC version
- Particle effects, block breaking animations and sounds from other players are now shown on multiplayer
- Updated inventory icon from a Brick block to a chest
- Mineshafts have cave spider spawners
- Colored, bold, and italic text in chat and on signs.
- Limited player names to PC allowed names
- Improved performance when turning
- Improved multiplayer bandwidth usage
- Improved client/server communication
- Improved disconnection messages
- Improved text rendering
- Improved world loading
- Improvements to multiplayer spawning
- Faster torch placing (less lag)
- Added server-side checks on games
- Non-fancy render mode now works properly
- Fixed the block break feedback circle disappearing on suspend
- Fixed crashes while saving world
- Fixed crashes on armor screen
- Fixed crashes on furnace screen
- Fixed world not being saved
- Fixed world crash when unknown blocks are present
- Fixed trees growing on the client
- Fixed desert wells and special biomes (Birch Forest M, Birch Forest Hills M, Extreme Hills M, Extreme Hills+ M) not generating
- Fixed issue with connecting to local games
- Chat now creates more lines for a single phrase if long enough
- Fixed emerald ore floating
- Fixed emerald ore generating in place of monster eggs
- Fixed picking up items not having an animation
- MCPE-369 – Animals (tested with pigs) cannot walk through open doors
- MCPE-671 – Destroying the core before it cools down causes forever night
- MCPE-1120 – Jumping while approaching slabs
- MCPE-2024 – Weird gravity animation when the sand or gravel falls to the fence door or fence gate... (Happens on Survival and Creative)
- MCPE-2084 – Pig Zombies catching fire
- MCPE-4703 – Realms error message:
"public/m/ does not exist."
- MCPE-4879 – Crash when items are removed from furnace.
- MCPE-5130 – Sand/gravel falling when placed on top of torches
- MCPE-5137 – 3 blocks deep of water...
- MCPE-5161 – Changing name in-game options (Survival and Creative)
- MCPE-5450 – Can't craft quartz stairs in the Stonecutter
- MCPE-5455 – Duplicate of a Player after a crash (Tested in Realms)
- MCPE-5793 – No item pick up animation
- MCPE-6472 – Getting stuck in the void after dying
- MCPE-6599 – Even when bed is destroyed, you will spawn at the bed's location.
- MCPE-6628 – Wooden Axe can't be used as fuel in a furnace
- MCPE-6667 – Can't back out of Restricted Site page without allowing website
- MCPE-6694 – Water level doesn't go down.
- MCPE-6697 – Carpets not dropping more than one when stacked.
- MCPE-6803 – When exiting game water/lava stops spreading
- MCPE-6813 – Zombie pigman does not have a helmet
- MCPE-6851 – Auto mining block
- MCPE-6853 – Water overlap(?) ladder
- MCPE-6855 – Carrots and Beetroots Grow Extremely Slow
- MCPE-6860 – Day and night in creative mode
- MCPE-6861 – Unable/refuses to connect while connected with Wi-Fi Direct
- MCPE-6874 – Light in closed rooms
- MCPE-6885 – Bedrock is breakable in Survival mode
- MCPE-6898 – Bone Meal Bug
- MCPE-6912 – Block collecting animation
- MCPE-6952 – world does not generate and closes out of minecraft pocket edition
- MCPE-6965 – Lava
- MCPE-6973 – Glass bug with mobs
- MCPE-6999 – Stone Walls In Water
- MCPE-7050 – Fence attempts to connect to the gate
- MCPE-7166 – Mossy Cobblestone Wall item name incorrect
- MCPE-7235 – Birch Planks aren't flammable
- MCPE-7259 – it wont let me delete my world, so if u could help me that would be great
- MCPE-7481 – Water to Lava
- MCPE-7688 – Failed Sapling Growth Still Replaces Grass with Dirt
- MCPE-7830 – Feeding Wolves and animals in survival duplicates the food
- MCPE-7835 – Duplication glitch
- MCPE-7837 – Can not create a new world
- MCPE-7846 – Shadows under players and mobs are broken
- MCPE-7848 – Grass does not grow under or past Fences
- MCPE-7854 – Grass blocks under water and under lava
- MCPE-7864 – Mobs on minecart do everything at double speed
- MCPE-7872 – Action button (ignite, tame, ...) can be use far away from the mob
- MCPE-7874 – App crashes when I try to collect coal
- MCPE-7882 – Sand falls through torch
- MCPE-7883 – Sand glitch
- MCPE-7887 – Cocoa Beans won't grow at all
- MCPE-7888 – Furnace glitch transfer oak planks to birch or any type
- MCPE-7889 – Game crashes when pressing 'Quit to title'
- MCPE-7904 – door duplication glitch
- MCPE-7908 – Tapping the login to realms button opens unexitable 'not found' page
- MCPE-7912 – Double tall blocks deletes any type of block
- MCPE-7915 – Water does not function properly on transparent blocks
- MCPE-7924 – It won't cause an update when silverfish break out of monster eggs.
- MCPE-7935 – Iron bars don't connect to glass panes.
- MCPE-7936 – Duplication Of Items By Throwing On The Ground
- MCPE-7953 – Beetroot Seeds not Spelled Correctly
- MCPE-7952 – Acacia and Dark Oak Stairs do NOT burn
- MCPE-7953 – Beetroot seeds not spelled correctly
- MCPE-7957 – Minecarts disappear after saving
- MCPE-7965 – Space is replaced with "game_difficulty" text in username bar
- MCPE-7972 – Slimes die when closing/opening the world
- MCPE-7988 – No flames on player's 3rd person view (CREATIVE ONLY)
- MCPE-8031 - Glowing blocks at (x,127,z)
- MCPE-8040 – No sound on multiplayer when host player is breaking or putting blocks
- MCPE-8046 – Loss of seed generation of the world
- MCPE-8047 – portions of buildings gone or world's not saved
- MCPE-8048 – Bedrock does not spawn beneath mesas
- MCPE-8050 – Emerald generation, happens after caves generation
- MCPE-8057 – Not Saving After I Play
- MCPE-8082 – water does not flow when creating a new world
- MCPE-8108 – Compass leads secondary player to different point from primary player
- MCPE-8118 – Unequipped armor causes a crash when dying with the armor tab open
- MCPE-8124 – MCPE does not check world names for impermissible characters
- MCPE-8128 – Usernames starting with "/" used as command
- MCPE-8143 – Can click invisible cancel button during world generation
- MCPE-8212 – Arrows bounce off wolves and dogs
- MCPE-8279 – Crash when quitting to title whilst opening a chest
This version of Minecraft may be planned to be released on the Microsoft HoloLens at an unknown time. Little is known about this version of Minecraft apart from its short appearance in a HoloLens promotional video.