This article is about the official release of Minecraft for the PC. For the version, see 1.0.0
. For the first official release of Minecraft: Pocket Edition, see Pocket Edition 1.0
Minecraft 1.0 is the official release of Minecraft for the PC. It was released during MineCon on the 18th November 2011 by Notch at the keynote address ceremony at 9:54:50 p.m. GMT. Jeb confirmed the version number 1.0 in a tweet while also stating that the game would be officially out of Beta. 1.0.0 includes bug fixes from the Beta 1.9 Pre-releases as well as new sounds and other minor changes. This is the version of Minecraft that is charged at full price (€19.95, £16.95, or $26.95) to new players, but Alpha and Beta players receive this copy through regular updating. After the release, Notch said in an interview that he was nervous about releasing a full game that would be rated and reviewed. Upon release, the game was well received and was given high ratings by many gaming websites and fan reviews.
Notable additions and changes:
- A proper ending to the game in a realm called “The End".
- New Nether content.
- New achievements.
- Score is stated on death based on total experience orbs held on the player.
- A new game mode. (Hardcore)
- New biomes. (Mushroom biome, tundra reintroduced)
- New items.
- New texture for some blocks.
- Slab bug fixed.
- New blocks.
- New mobs. (Ender dragon (boss mob), snow golem, mooshrooms, villager mobs, magma cube, blaze)
- Animal breeding.
- Sword rebalance as well as enchantments.
- Improved Armor system, with slightly more durability.
- Mob health rebalance. (Sheep, spiders, zombies)
- New sound effects, including: chest sound, door/gate sound, bow sound, enderman sound, silverfish sound, explosion sound, egg sound, eating sound, sound when XP orbs are collected, sound of bones cracking after fall damage is taken, sound of a broken tool.
- Item repair.
- New stronghold content (Portal rooms with the end portal frames).
- Bow now has durability and infinite arrows in creative.
- Lily pads that can be placed on water and stood upon.
- Many blocks are mined faster:
- Redstone placed on its own no longer has a “plus" format, instead it has a small clump.
- Added a World Type option. (Not used until 1.1 introduced Superflat)
- ↑ https://twitter.com/notch/status/117176309532213248
- ↑ https://twitter.com/notch/status/122088904793927680
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/l3jgm/enderdragons_decrypt_w_rot13_via_notch/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/notch/status/116449292859883520
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/kmro7/mojang_potentially_releasing_something_tomorrow/c2li04x
- ↑ https://twitter.com/notch/status/114646532376113152
- ↑ https://twitter.com/notch/status/114764122893197312
- ↑ https://twitter.com/notch/status/116794735749894144
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/ik8yv/baby_animals_mod_may_be_added_to_vanilla_game/c24fic9?context=3
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/112166224334553088
- ↑ New Armor System in 1.9: http://twitter.com/jeb_/status/114241903368736768
- ↑ Slightly better durability of armor: http://twitter.com/jeb_/status/114258330121289728