Console Edition tutorial
The Console Edition tutorial is a short walk through of Minecraft's basic mechanics. It allows newcomers to familiarize themselves with the game, primarily with the Controls and the crafting system. Found only in the Console Edition, the tutorial takes place in a flat area, with trees in small clusters around the side. It will not let you leave the enclosed area until finishing or canceling the tutorial, though the player may do whatever they want within the enclosed area. Around the rest of the world there are approximately 12 hidden chests containing items and a music disc that you can search for.
The tutorial walks the player through:
- Chopping wood
- Game controls
- Creating planks and a crafting table
- Inventory use
- Creating basic tools
- Using a furnace
- Building a shelter
- Surviving the night
- The tutorial area is a flat plain with sparsely growing grass and flowers. There is a lake, with a chest containing 17 fishing rods next to it. There is also a river with a chest next to it, with 9 boats in it.
- A pond lined with sand can be found in the field. Near this pond is a cobblestone wall with a redstone/piston demonstration area. Opposite, is an incomplete miner's shelter which you are tasked to complete during the tutorial. This shelter is surrounded by gravel, which has a path leading to the exit, which you can only pass through if you have either completed or cancelled the tutorial. Through this exit is a castle. (TU7-TU11)
|TU1||Added tutorial, exclusive to the console edition.|
|TU3||Added optional tutorial for pistons and redstone.|
|Added a self-building bridge to the castle using pistons.|
|Added some sugar cane, cacti and clay to the world.|
|Added a few other things for players to discover.|
|TU5||Changed the tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.|
|Added tutorial for Creative Mode.|
|Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the tutorial world.|
|Added mini tutorial for eating in the tutorial world.|
|Added music disc quests in the tutorial world - players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the music discs that can be played in a jukebox.|
|TU7||New tutorial world with new biome.|
|New mini-tutorials for new features.|
|Updated new music disc quest in the tutorial world.|
|TU9||Moved six of the twelve music disc quests in the tutorial world.|
|Changed the tutorial world to add climbable vines, and some of the new items, and removed/reduced the items in the brewing, farming and breeding chests.|
|TU12||New tutorial world.|
|TU14||New tutorials to the tutorial world for the new items & features.|
|Updated the positions of the music disc chests in the Tutorial World.|
|TU19||New tutorial world.|
X:132 Y:70 Z: -63 (PS3)
2256 #1 @ 49, 82, -97
2257 #2 @ -255, 48, -35
2258 #3 @ 383, 63, -337
2267 #4 @ 210, 71, 93
2262 #5 @ -301, 69, 106
2263 #6 @ 285, 82, 103
2260 #7 @ 26, 61, 241
2261 #8 @ -164, 88, -273
2259 #9 @ -409, 74, 96
2264 #10 @ 0, 51, 344
2265 #11 @ -15, 63, -371
2266 #12 @ 367, 75, -57
- 13 - (X: 49, Y: 82, Z: -97) - At the top of the stairs leading out of the starting area. (middle of the map).
- cat - (X: -34, Y: 81, Z: -92) - In a cave under the starting town - pull a lever in one of the houses to reveal an entrance (middle of the map).
- mellohi - (X: -204, Y: 64, Z: -41) - In a cave filled with lava - pull the lever at the entrance to reveal stepping stones (west of the starting area).
- chirp - (X: -282, Y: 77, Z: 260) - In the top floor of the pyramid in the desert - find a lever, then a secret door in the maze inside (south-west of the starting area).
- blocks - (X: 0, Y: 55, Z: 152) - In a cave under a small building in a jungle lake (south of the starting area).
- strad - (X: 292, Y: 69, Z: 234) - In an igloo in the taiga (south-east of the starting area).
- 11 - (X: 368, Y: 76, Z: -57) - In a cave with cobwebs and a spider monster spawner (east of the starting area).
- where we are now - (X: 255, Y: 92 Z: -185) - At the top of a stone tower with redstone circuitry in it (east of the starting area).
- ward - (X: -14, Y: 64, Z: -371) - In the ruins in the swamp (north of the starting area).
- mall - (X: -163, Y: 89, Z: -273) - On the crow's nest on a wooden pirate ship (north-west of the starting area).
- far - (X: -401, Y: 78, Z: -231) - On a mushroom on a mushroom island - there's a ladder on the mushroom to climb to the top (west-north-west of starting area).
- stal - (X: 112, Y: 58, Z: 107) - In a Nether fortress in front of a blaze spawner (the Nether portal is in the giant Minecraft logo - middle of the map).
- The Easter Egg "Tower of Pimps" from Achievement Hunter's Let's Play Minecraft series, is located in the pyramid in the desert. (X:-282 Y:85 Z:262)
- There is a nether portal in the Minecraft Logo.
- On the Minecraft logo there is a plentiful supply of torches useful for lighting up a big area.
- In the tutorial world of the Console Edition Edition there are 12 hidden chests with music discs in them and normally one other item, which are normally moved in every update.
Music disc 1: On your way to the mansion there is a chest inside the abandoned mining shelter.
Music disc 2: Through the shelter is a garden with crossed walkways. Dig down in the middle of the cross of cobblestone to find a chest.
Music disc 3: After that, walk left into a desert biome and there will be a minecart. Jump into it and ride it to the other end. Then jump off and go inside the desert temple and you will find the chest.
Music disc 4: Climb up the ladders or vines on the side of the garden wall or the back of the castle. Turn left and get onto the roof of the castle. On the top of the glass dome will be a chest.
Music disc 5: Once you climb up the ladders turn right then jump of the wall to the left. Walk around the spawn point until you find a medieval tower in the distance. On the top of the tower is a chest.
Music disc 6: Inside the castle, walk into the first corridor to your right that has stairs in it. Pull the lever to your right to make a walkway across the lava and there is your chest.
Music disc 7: In the second room to the right will be a brewing tutorial. You will make a Potion of Fire Resistance using water bottles, then nether wart, and at last magma cream. This will create a few fire resistance potions. Drink it and walk through the lava in the room. Through the lava is a chest in a small room.
Music disc 8: Walk to the main hallway and travel upstairs. Flip the lever and you'll hear three musical notes play. That lever has revealed a secret room. The painting that you saw when you came up the stairs has the entrance to the secret room behind it. There is a nether portal in that room. Step in it. From your spawn point in the Nether, head directly forwards to the Nether Fortress. In there turn to your second right, down there is the chest.
Music disc 9: Walk straight forward in the swamp biome to find a house. A chest is beneath it. Walk inside the house and open a trap door. Travel down the ladder and there is the chest.
Music disc 10: From the swamp house, walk right and you will find a pond with structure submerged in it. It has a trap door surrounded by glass that leads to the chest.
Music disc 11: From the abandoned mining shelter walk in the Mansion courtyard and travel north through the farm(according to the map). Past the farm walk north/northwestward until you find a set of five pillars with a staircase leading downward. In the underground dwelling there is a chest containing a disk and an axe.
Music disc 12: Located at a small mushroom island to the east in a chest that contains the disc and a diamond pickaxe.
- Where Are We Now?and sand temple, there is a huge cavern system that connects.
- There are 12 hidden chests scattered around the world, each containing a music disc and armor, or tools.
- Chest in the entrance to the first village. Contents: Music Disc, Bow, and 20 Arrows.
- Chest is inside glass on the first village entrance. Contents: Music Disc and Stone Sword.
- Chest inside the well of the first village. Contents: Music Disc and Golden Armor.
- Chest under the A in the Minecraft sign. Contents: Music Disc and Diamond Armor.
- Down the well in the first village, there is a stone brick room containing a chest.
- In the tower in the 2nd village and the village with the flag there are a Music Disc in each.
- Bottom right, village with disk at the top of church
- In the village (step 7) there is a dock, take boat out and go straight ahead and you'll reach an island inside the cave to the right go up the steps and turn around there is a lever in the roof click it and reveal a hidden portal
- At coordinates X:177 Y:78 Z:-170 there is a large tree with a ladder on it. This ladder leads to a chest with a diamond axe and a music disc. (This ladder appears to be missing as of the last update)
- At coordinates X:40 Y:115 Z:-99 there is a chest with a Diamond Sword and a music disc in it. The chest is on top of the mountain on a thin piece of overhanging dirt.
- At the giant crater in the corner of the world there is a dungeon containing a saddle and bucket. X: 149 Y: 47 Z: -403
- In the castle behind the tutorial which engages into the cliff wall there is a corridor where you can hear the sound of the Nether. In the ceiling should be a lever to open a piston door to expose the Nether portal.
- The hill where the large fortress is built is joined to a second hill. Deep under this second hill is a massive stronghold connected to caverns that lead to the large canyon. It is possible to access it from the canyon, but requires quite a bit of work. The stronghold contains at least 3 chests. One in the upper chamber, and two deep below in the library. End Portal Frame X: -338 Y: 21 Z: 306
- There were many secret hidden structures, such as random "caves" with torches all around the walls and hidden villages. One such cave was located directly below the floor of the library in the castle; revealed by digging through two wooden planks. Digging through the wall revealed random redstone placement.
- Dungeons could be found in the world. Although the player must manually search for them, one of the dungeons had a gravel "x" in which if they dug down from the center they would fall into. Continuing to dig downwards would eventually reveal a small X tunnel with 8 exposed diamond ores.
- Like the original PC version of Minecraft, the Xbox 360 Tutorial Mode world has four layers of bedrock; however, other worlds generated in the Xbox 360 Edition only have two layers.
- In the biggest house of the first village, one of the floor blocks hid a ladder down into the ocean.
- Hidden in the Minecraft logo was a portal to the Nether.
- By the lighthouse, there was a dungeon.
- Beside the castle, underwater, there was a 2×2 hole with glowstone lighting the inside that lead downward to a large chest containing all possible diamond tools and armor.
- A village was always generated in the opposite way of the Tutorial village.