The following list is organized by the release version and cycle equivalent to the PC version. A (?) denotes version's info here is guess-work, possibly incorrect. Known bugs are listed here.
|Version and date
May 14, 2015
- Fixed an issue causing flying animals in a split-screen offline game.
- Fixed a memory leak causing crashes after prolonged play sessions.
- Fixed a problem with dropped items sinking below the ground.
- Fixed an issue with TNT explosions.
- Fixed a problem with baby villagers collision height.
- Fixed a few issues with players joining a network game.
April 29, 2015
April 29, 2015
April 29, 2015
- Added the Alex skin and some variations of it to the default skins.
- Added new music. (360)
- Added new achievements. (360)
- Added The Simpsons Skin Pack trial content.
Changes (excludes 360)
- Brought forward change so that shrubs can be placed in flower pots.
- Changed music tracks played in Creative mode and on front-end menus to match Java version.
|Bug fixes (PS3 only)
- Fixed an issue stopping the Steampunk Texture Pack working.
March 25, 2015
March 25, 2015
March 25, 2015
- Added Pattern texture pack trial content. (excludes Xbox 360)
- Added Mass Effect mash-up trial content. (PS Only)
- Fix for intermittent split-screen problem where players and mobs went invisible.
- Fix for a split-screen crash after prolonged gameplay.
- Fix for an issue causing client players to hang when creating a Wither.
- Fix for graphic corruption with redstone comparators.
- Fix for a crash when a player is fishing.
February 27, 2015
February 25, 2015
- Added Quick Move to the horse inventory.
- Added "Where are we now" music disc in Survival mode.
- Updated lapis lazuli block texture.
- Fixed issue placing pistons, dispensers and droppers.
- Made some fixes to player privileges.
- Corrected baby zombie hit boxes size.
- Fix for a bug where a chest didn't disappear when destroyed.
- Fix for player sometimes taking fall damage while in a boat.
- Fixed an issue where a player's wolves could teleport to them when they were in a boat, and kill them.
February 11, 2015
February 11, 2015
February 11, 2015
- Increased minecart limit.
- Crafting a map now produces an Empty Map.
- More Redstone fixes.
- Stopped tamed horses despawning when they are in a fenced-off area.
- Fixed a crash with a Noteblock.
- Fixed an issue with village generation.
- Fixed an issue with Witch Huts allowing other mobs to spawn in them after a reload.
- Fixed an issue where Blaze Spawners and Chests don’t appear in the Nether after a Nether Reset.
- Fixed a crash with Minecarts travelling through Nether Portals.
- Fixed a problem causing clouds to look 2D (PSVita)
January 23, 2015
January 23, 2015
January 23, 2015
- Fix for various Redstone issues.
- Fixed a crash when breaking an Item Frame containing a map.
- Fixed a crash when a Dispenser is dispensing water or lava when the Dispenser is blocked.
- Fix for placing a boat on harmful surfaces causing the game to crash.
- Updates to horse and other animal de-spawning to take into account Saddles, Saddle bags, Leads, Armor and Nametags.
- Fix for Stonebrick stairs recipe.
- Fix for issue where player is able to stay alive with zero hearts in their Healthbar.
- Fixed an issue in the Host Options menu in Adventure mode causing options to be set wrongly.
- Fix for issue where animals don’t stop running after being hit.
- Fix for issue where destroying planted Pumpkin and Melon Seeds drops an incorrect number of seeds.
- Librarian villagers now have a small probability of offering nametags for sale.
- Added a rare probability of spawning Skeletons/Wither Skeletons in the nether.
- Brought forward change so that Witches naturally spawn, rarely, anywhere that’s dark.
- Fix for issue where Wither Skeletons stop spawning in the Nether when the difficulty is set to Easy from Peaceful.
- Changed Minecart riding behaviour back so that the player turns with the Minecart.
- If mob griefing is turned off, sheep shouldn’t change grass blocks when they eat them.
- Fix for TNT cart exploding despite ‘TNT Explodes’ option being turned off.
- Fix to Noteblock fall-off distance so they can be heard further away.
- Fix for player legs not being rotated correctly when riding.
- Fix for Wolf heal tooltip.
- Fixed improper tooltip displayed when Player is holding a Lead and aiming at an aggressive mob.
- Fix for Potion of Weakness effect description having incorrect values.
- Fix for issue where Creepers hover off the floor.
- Fixed issue where Name Tags do not appear to work correctly on the Wither, Iron Golem and Wither Skeleton.
- Fix for player nametags not being colored.
- City Texture Pack – Daylight sensor changed to look more like a solar panel.
- Fix for issue where a horse wasn’t rendering while riding it.
- Fixed Save Transfer issue (Xbox 360).
- Fix for ‘Return to Sender’ achievement not unlocking after fulfilling its requirement (Xbox One).
- Fix for ‘Local Brewery’ achievement not unlocking after fulfilling its requirement. (Xbox One).
- Fix for performance issue when moving through large Jungle Biomes (Xbox One).
- Fix for issue with Halloween Texture Pack textures (PS3).
- Fix for performance issue when moving through large Jungle Biomes. (PS4).
|Version and date
December 18, 2014
December 18, 2014
December 20, 2014[note 1]
(Equates to 1.4.2 - 1.6.4)
- Blocks and Items
- Adventure Mode
- Added many new sounds
- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Mob Naming
- Terrain generation:
- Beacon interface
- Horse interface
- Hopper interface
- Fireworks interface
- New death messages
- Xbox One only:Added Language Selector
- Daylight Cycle
- Keep Inventory
- Mob options
- Tile drop
- Regeneration option
- Xbox One only:Added Greek language
- Blocks and items:
- The longer you remain in an area, the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be
- Fixed 2 duplication glitches where you could obtain infinite amount of diamonds, emeralds, gold, iron or lapis lazuli.
December 10, 2014
December 20, 2014
- Added the trial Festive Mash-up Pack
- PS4 & Xbox One only: Added World Resize option to expand smaller sized worlds into larger sized ones
November 25, 2014
- Added the trial Star Wars Classic Skin Pack.
- November 18, 2014
- Enabled support for limited time Additional Content (DLC)
October 29, 2014
December 3, 2014
- Added the trial Steampunk Texture Pack.
- PS3, PS4 and PSVita only: Added the trial Skyrim Mash-up Pack.
- October 31, 2014
- Fix for issue when player accepts an invite to a game using the Halloween Texture Pack when they don't have that pack.
- October 24, 2014
- Fixed a crash on saving a game after resetting the Nether.
- Fixed an issue causing corrupt save data after Saving/Autosave and then quickly selecting Save and Exit.
- Fixed an issue with Save Transfer causing players to lose their inventory on re-loading the save.
- Fixed a graphical issue with the Nether Portal effect.
- Fix for Host Options settings not being saved after a Save Transfer.
- October 16, 2014
- Fixed a hang when accepting a game invite while in a game.
- Fixed 'Can Build and Mine' option in Host Options Menu not functioning properly in a Creative Mode game.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to download a save transfer when the memory card was full.
- Fixed issues with attempting to buy DLC when in Ad Hoc network mode.
- Fixed a hang when selecting “Exit and Save” with a trial texture pack.
October 7, 2014
- Fix for problem with Save & Exit.
- Fix for 'Can Build and Mine' option in Host Options Menu does not function properly in a Creative Mode
- Fix for entity culling that was causing flickering whilst riding minecarts and pigs.
- Fix for very slow cycling of which players get chunks sent over the network, when the server is under high load
- Improvements to algorithm for sending chunks over the network.
- Fix for explosion causing damage in unrelated areas of maps.
- Fix for problem where user purchases a number of emeralds continuously from the same villager, and the game will not register all emeralds.
- Fix for glass rendering problem.
- Fix for the hitbox on torches sometimes being incorrect.
- Fix for enchanted items not destroying blocks as quickly as they should.
- Fix for placing a Redstone Torch next to a Note Block not always activating it.
- Fixed for mobs still aggressive while the player is invisible (using potion).
- Fix for players riding boats/minecarts sometimes being invisible to remote players.
- Fix for Maps placed in an Item Frame appearing as blank to other players.
- Fix for Camera resetting when going through Nether or End Portals.
October 2, 2014
- October 2, 2014
- Added a 'Copy Save' option to allow people to 'back-up' their world to another save.
- Fix for tile entities not being saved correctly in unloaded chunks. (Empty Chests, Spawners turning into Pig Spawners, etc.)
- Enable hiding mashup-pack worlds from the saves list, and re-enabling them all from the options menu.
- Change to ‘disable saving’ setting so that it remains set for a specific save when reloading that save.
- Fix for Glass Blocks placed next to each other rendering incorrectly.
- Fix for enchanted items not destroying blocks as quickly as they should.
- Changed 3D sound attenuation to have linear fall-off, with special cases for thunder, Enderdragon & Ghast sounds. (Sound volumes incorrect bug)
- Improved frame-rate in Jungles.
- Fix for missing chunks in Superflat world on host console.
- Fixed an issue with mob spawning rates.
- Fix for hit box on torches sometimes being incorrect.
- Fix for entities being duplicated (every save/load cycle) for transferred worlds (Multiple Enderdragons bug).
- Fix for 'Can Build and Mine' not functioning correctly.
- Fixed issue with mobs still being aggressive while player is invisible (using Potion).
- Fixed an issue recording Spider Jockey kills.
- Fix for players riding Boats/Minecarts sometimes being invisible to remote players.
- Fix for Maps placed in an Item Frame appear as blank to other players.
- Fix to move HUD down when tooltips are disabled.
- Fix for camera resetting when going through Nether or End Portals.
- Fixed an issue with save transfers not using the most recent player data.
- Fix for Lily Pad breaking particle effect.
- Fixed an issue with gamer pictures occasionally causing a crash.
- September 18, 2014
- Added Fantasy Texture Pack trial.
- Added Cartoon Texture Pack trial.
- Added Skin Pack 3 trial.
- Fix for the player being able to destroy bedrock.
- Fix for player can heal some zombie pigmen like zombie villagers.
- Fix for players riding boats/minecarts sometimes being invisible to remote players.
- September 11, 2014
- Added Save Transfer
- Added new music tracks
- Fix for explosions damaging unrelated areas of the map.
- Fix for minecarts and pigs flickering when being ridden.
- Fix for 3D sound attenuation being incorrect.
- Fix for hitboxes on torches being incorrect sometimes.
- Fix for enchanted items not destroying blocks as quickly as they should.
- Fix for HUD repositioning when Tooltips are disabled.
September 5, 2014
- September 4, 2014
- October 14, 2014
- Added support for the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita.
- Worlds saved onto cloud storage from the previous respective console can be uploaded to Xbox One/PlayStation 4 Edition.
- Worlds are 36 times bigger.
- Last gen was 864x864, next gen is 5120x5120 maximum
- Render distance is greater, up to 32 chunks versus 16 chunks on Xbox 360 and PS3
|Version and date
September 4, 2014
September 17, 2014
- Added the ability to transfer Xbox 360 saves to Xbox One.
- Added the ability to transfer PlayStation 3 saves to PlayStation 4.
- Chunk formatting updated. Game now saves chunks at every block change.
- This has led to duplication glitches.
May 19, 2014
May 28, 2014
- Fix for players going invisible after death (on respawning).
- Fix for players going invisible when two players go through a nether portal at the same time.
- Fix for players sometimes being invisible after teleporting until either they move, or the player that sees them as invisible moves.
- Fix for Noteblock pitch being wrong – more noticeable when chords are played.
- Fix for Mobs dying in walls (happens for baby mobs after they become adults).
- Fix for chunks not loading in maps - tends to be specific seeds.
- Fixed streaming music not playing after a playing Music Disc has been ejected from a jukebox
- Fix for player being able to attach Signs to the Chest with a block placed above it.
- Fix for player being able to breed wild Ocelots.
- Fix for player being able to breed Ocelot with Cat.
- Fix for tame wolves being removed if no players were near them when they were angry.
- Fix for Potion of Night Vision corrupts the game's UI while player is falling into the Void in the End.
- Fix for the damage decals flickering and/or not present if players are not close to each other in Survival Mode in a local splitscreen game.
- Fix for damage decals not displaying in splitscreen if the secondary player is 30 + blocks away from the primary player
- Fixed lava drip particles being too dark/black
- Fix for sitting wolves (or stationary entities) not being immediately visible if a remote player spawns next to them, or spawns far away and quickly heads towards them
- Fix for Leather Armour not displaying the enchantment glow.
- Fix for Enchanted item in hand effect being wrong.
- Fix for blocks placed at Y 128 being black on top.
- More voice chat fixes. (PS3 only)
April 11, 2014
April 15, 2014
- Changed zombies rare loot drop to be carrots, potatoes or iron Ingots.
- Changed repairing tools in the inventory to only allow tools that are not enchanted (since you’d lose the enchantment).
- Fix for blocks reappearing after they are mined.
- Fix random fall damage issue in the nether.
- Fix for slow chunk loading speed.
- Fix for maps not correctly display at the game start.
- Fix for splitscreen audio issues.
- Fix for blocks not always showing damage in splitscreen.
- Fix for Ender dragon sounds.
- Fix for problems spawning chickens, wolves & mooshrooms.
- Fix for problem causing first item in the quickselect bar to sometimes move to the inventory on opening the inventory.
- Fix for villager spawn eggs in a dispenser not producing random professions.
- Fix for iron golems not stopping their attack when they’ve killed a skeleton.
- Fix for issue when players teleported while riding a pig or a minecart
- Fix for animals climbing cobblestone walls.
- Fix for attaching fences to cobblestone walls.
- Fix for Invisibility potions not making sheep completely invisible.
- Fix for gamertag/Online ID being visible when using an invisibility potion.
- Fix for tamed wolves with invisibility becoming visible when swimming in water.
- Fix to let bonus chests spawn in pre-TU14 worlds.
- Fix to issue causing stationary network players to oscillate between two slightly different positions.
- Fix for unsynchronised audio.
- Fixed chatpad input on anvil.
- Fix for voice chat issues. (PS3 only)
- Fix for a double exit sound from the crafting and anvil menus. (PS3 only)
March 26, 2014
March 27, 2014
(Equates to 1.3.1)
- Host Options:
- Flying, invisibility & invulnerability for remote players
- New tutorials in the tutorial world for the new items & features.
- Ability to teleport for players (used in the in-game menu)
- 1.7.4 Feature: New Mojang splash screen
- New Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition logo.
- New recipes for smooth & chiseled sandstone.
- Changed sand mining sound.
- TNT now make a sound before exploding.
- Wood can now be placed sideways.
- Changed placement of slabs & other blocks on half blocks.
- Changed placement of upside down stairs & slabs.
- Wooden buttons & wooden pressure plates can now be activated with arrows.
- Furnaces can now use wooden tools as fuel.
- Furnaces now return an empty bucket when fueled by a bucket of lava.
- Updated the bonus chest content with more items.
- Ice & glass panes can now be collected using a tool that has the Silk Touch enchantment.
- Doors being broken by zombies now show damage.
- Ice melts in the Nether.
- Cauldrons fill up when out in the rain.
- Pistons take twice as long to update.
- Rain can drip through leaves.
- Levers can be placed on the bottom of blocks.
- TNT does variable damage depending on difficulty setting.
- Updated the positions of the music disc chests in the Tutorial World.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Leather armor can now be dyed.
- String can be placed on the ground (for tripwire hooks).
- Updated crafting recipe for books.
- Boats break lily pads, instead of vice-versa.
- Endermen now open their mouths and shake when provoked
- 1.4.2 Feature: Wolf collars can now be dyed.
- Pigs can now be controlled with a carrot on a stick while being ridden.
- Added different villager professions.
- Villagers that are spawned from a spawn egg will have a random profession.
- Nether mobs can now spawn in the Overworld from Nether Portals.
- Creepers & spiders are now aggressive towards the last player that hit them.
- Mobs in creative mode will become neutral again after a short period of time.
- Removed knockback when drowning.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Pigs drop saddles when killed (if equipped with one).
- The sky color in the End has changed.
- Pigs drop more porkchops.
- Slimes spawn less in superflat worlds.
- When creepers explode, the damage is variable based on difficulty setting & the explosion now has knockback
- 1.6 Feature: Villagers now make noises from being hurt, trading & wandering.
- 1.4.4 Feature: Baby mobs can now be spawned by using on an adult form of that mob using a spawn egg
- Updated all texture packs and mash-up packs with new TU14 additions.
- Changed the gray wool texture for city texture pack to look more like a road surface.
- Fixed a crash with maps in item frames which happened when players were in the Nether or the End
- Fixed chest locks showing through walls at a distance
- Fixes a couple of crashes related to the player’s banned level list
- Some lighting fixes
- Fix to blazes so they go on fire before shooting fire charges
- Fix to allow drinking milk in creative mode
- Fix to allow split screen players to see splash potion particles
- Fix to stop the held item being replaced with the first item in the Quick Select on exiting the End.
- Fixed an issue with throwing an Ender Pearl while travelling to the Nether or the End
- Fixed the active time for wooden and stone buttons.
- Fixed a crash with dispensers and fire charges
- Fixed a crash with local profiles in the Help & Options menu
- Corrected the leaves obtained using silk touch on jungle trees
- Fixed various network issues.
January 21, 2014
- Fix for issue in multiplayer/splitscreen which could cause save file corruption.
- Fix for memory issue causing random game freezes and exits to XMB.
- Fix for being unable to join games at times (“The host has exited the game” message incorrectly being displayed).
- Fix for splitscreen crash on adding a player when language is Russian.
- Fix for issue which can prevent leaderboard updates and some trophy awards.
- Fix for issue causing “No DLC offers available” message when converting trial to full version.
- Fix for game render glitch when a new streaming music track starts up.
- Fix for a lighting issue on a network client.
- Fix for the block damage decal being incorrectly offset
- Fix for selected item text not fading off screen if a menu is opened when it’s visible.
- Fix for “Where are we now” music disc
- Fix for issue with ghasts firing at certain angles
- A few rendering performance improvements
December 26, 2013
December 17, 2013
- Audio problems.
October 2, 2013
December 17/18, 2013
- Minecarts are twice the speed as it was in computer
- Added sounds for hitting ocelots/cats
- Added message saying you can't spawn enemies in Peaceful mode.
- Raw fish is no longer removed from the player's inventory when trying to tame an ocelot in Creative mode.
- Water will no longer be removed from a water bucket when filling a cauldron in creative mode.
- Made jungle wood stairs flammable.
- Added an option to hide a Mash-up Pack Themed World in the saves list, and an option to show all in the Settings menu.
- When in standing position, cats will now purposely go and sit on nearby chests, active furnaces, and beds. This prevents players from using them
- Added a limit to the number of villagers spawned by breeding.
- Added the hearts display when villagers enter 'Love Mode'.
- Minecraft Store now displays the prices in the local currency, rather than Microsoft Points.
- Fixed a problem with the rain sound not playing in some biomes.
- Fix for re-appearing ores, lava and water after mining, if they are within five blocks from the world edge.
- Fixed spawn positions in a saved Mash-up Pack world.
- Fixed issue with a map placed in an item frame revealing the position of all players despite 'In-Game Gamertags' having been disabled.
- Fixed some redstone issues.
- Fixed some redstone lamp issues.
- Fixed Silk Touch not working on glass.
- Fix for underwater filter when camera collides with blocks.
- Fix for missing text in the message when a player is killed by an iron golem.
- Fix for player shadow being displayed in the inventory menu.
- Fixed some lighting issues.
- Fixed an issue with light and fire remaining after a lightning strike.
- Fix for graphical glitch with fences.
- Fix for graphical issue with upside down pistons.
- Fixed water in a cauldron to be still, not flowing in one direction
- Fixed world generation problems with some seeds (e.g. 'journey').
- Fix to generate experience orbs when breeding animals.
- Fix for not spawning iron golem, snow golem and silverfish.
- Fix for zombie AI when in a house with the door closed.
- Fix for ocelot and chicken AI problem causing heads to spin around.
- Fix for ocelot tooltips not properly showing the actions available.
|Version and date
August 23, 2013
(Equates to 1.2.3)
- Texture pack support
- Mash-up pack support
- 'Mash-up pack' are a combination of resources (textures, BGMs, and so on) and "themed worlds" (world data). It also makes Minecraft look like another game. Full versions of Mash-Up Packs will not be free.
- New tutorial world.
- Added a Favorites tab to the Skin Selector menu, storing most recently used skins.
- 1.3.1 feature: Added dispensing boats and minecarts from a dispenser.
- New ambient cave sounds.
- New AI for mobs.
- Added rare drops for mobs.
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village.
- Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night.
- Zombies can now break down doors.
- Crafting recipe for ladder now yields 3 ladders instead of 2.
- Placing blocks on grass will replace it.
- Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping sound.
- Very rare desert wells can be found in desert biomes.
- Increased max boats in a world to 40.
- When in the Nether, snow golems will melt and die same as when they are in Desert biomes.
- Abandoned mine shafts can generate with wooden bridges now when generated over a cave or over top another tunnel.
- Doors have been updated so that double doors work better with Redstone.
- Build height limit changed from 128 to 256.
- Jungle biome.
May 10, 2013
- Increased the limit for paintings/item frames, villagers, and snow golems in a world.
- Display a message when the maximum paintings/item frames are reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to put an animal in Love Mode when the spawn limits have been reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to spawn an enemy from a spawn egg in peaceful mode.
- Reduced ghast sound volume
- Display a message when the user tries to spawn a mob when the spawn limit has been reached.
- Fix for explosion lag issue on clients in an online game.
- Fix to remove any fireballs hanging in the air in a save game.
- Fix to only show the spawn limit message to the player attempting to spawn something.
- Fixed in game terrain maps to have the updated version of the gravel texture in them.
- Fix for the spawn limit overrun when shearing or breeding Mooshrooms
- Fix for blocks at the height limit of the overworld being unbreakable
April 16, 2013
- Fix for Silver LIVE profiles getting an error message on loading a save.
- Fix for lighting bug causing unlit areas even when light sources were placed in these areas.
- Fixed slowdown caused by explosions (TNT, creepers, and ghasts).
- Fixed frame rate slowdown in the End being experienced by some players until the ender crystals were destroyed.
- Fixed crash when placing lots of item frames with maps inside.
- Fixed collision box issue at the top of ladders.
- Fixed issues with animals taking damage randomly, or falling through the wooden planks floors.
- Made dispenser suck water/lava back into an empty bucket.
- Fix for potion bottles being launched from a dispenser.
- Enabled placing pressure plates on nether brick fence.
- Fixed an issue with fire charges sticking at the edge of the world.
- Change to not be able to place more than the maximum amount of paintings/Item frames, rather than removing previously placed ones.
- Stop players from interacting with item frames and paintings when ‘Can Build and Mine’ is disabled.
- Fixed the Custom Skin Animation setting not working.
- Play the correct sound on hitting the Ender Dragon.
April 4, 2013
(Equates to 1.1)
- The End
- Spawn eggs (stackable to 16).
- X on maps to show location of the end portal when someone is in the End.
- Sheep can now regrow their wool by eating grass.
- Re-added beaches.
- Bowls now stackable up to 64.
- Added new music for the End and the Nether from C418
- Blacksmith buildings in villages now hold chests with loot of the same type as found in strongholds.
- Added smoother color transitions between biomes.
- Fence gates can now be opened and closed with redstone.
- Changed nether fortresses to make nether wart rooms more likely.
- Made nether wart spawn randomly wherever soul sand is generated in the Nether.
- Allow players to block with a sword when the ‘Can Build And Mine’ option is unchecked by the host.
- Moved six of the twelve music disc quests in the Tutorial World
- Changed the Tutorial world to add climbable vines, and some of the new items, and removed/reduced the items in the brewing, farming and breeding chests.
- Don't show the achievements warning when loading a creative map that has already been saved in creative mode.
- Reduced the volume of the ghast sound effects.
- Increased the distance the ghast's sound effect for shooting a fireball can be heard from.
- Increased the distance jukeboxes can be heard from.
- Improved lighting code performance.
- Improved the loading/saving time.
- Changed the display order in the Minecraft Store to show newest DLC first.
- Added How To Play for the End and farming animals.
- Added HUD size options for both splitscreen and full screen modes.
- Added Reset Nether option to force regeneration of The Nether. This is helpful for older saves that didn't have a nether fortress.
- Added a toggle for death messages.
- Added a toggle to hide or display the animated character in the User Interface.
- Allow individual splitscreen users to have their own settings for HUD.
- 1.2.1 Feature: Vines can now be climbed to ascend and descend.
- 1.2.1 Feature: Fire charge.
- 1.2.1 Feature: Made dispenser dispense mobs from Spawn Eggs, rather than the egg itself.
- 1.2.1 Feature: Slab recipes give 6 slabs.
- 1.2.4 Feature: Birch and Spruce wood planks, saplings, leaves, slabs and stairs.
- Wooden Slabs crafted during and after this update are now flammable. Existing slabs will act as stone slabs and will not be stackable with the flammable slabs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Buckets now stackable up to 16.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Sandstone stairs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Signs are now stackable to 16.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Sign recipe gives 3 signs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Dispensers will now exempt liquids from a filled bucket when given a redstone but do not properly fill empty buckets with a dispensed liquid due to a bug.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Changed gravel texture from to .
- 1.3.1 Feature: Nether wart will now grow in the Overworld.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Wooden Button - Currently, they cannot be activated by shooting them with arrows, unlike wooden buttons in the PC version.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Item frames.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Stone button now requires one block of stone instead of two.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Trapdoors can be placed on half slabs and stairs
- 1.4.6 Feature: Nether brick slabs.
- 1.5 Feature: Added nether brick items, made by smelting netherrack.
- 1.5 Feature: Nether brick blocks can be crafted by using 4 nether brick items.
- Fixed glitch that allowed the player to use a cape on any skin.
- Fixed fireballs causing a freeze while entering the Nether.
- Fixed crash with ender pearls.
- Fix for cave spider size.
- Fixed experience orb pickup sound not having pitch variance.
- Fixed a crash when attaching glowstone to pistons.
- Fixed a render update problem on the end of world chunks.
- Stop the player animation for eating happening in the Change Skin menu
January 30, 2013
- Blazes drop 0-2 glowstone dust when killed.
- Added awkward potion to the creative menu
- Changed “Download Content” menu to “Minecraft Store”.
- New photo frames for avatar items in the Minecraft Store.
- Experience now has proper sound effect and effects.
- Fix for random crash on Kick Player.
- Fix for a random crash on loading the tutorial.
- Fix for freeze when writing on a sign as an autosave starts.
- Fix for crash when attempting to enter an online enabled game session after losing connection to the Xbox LIVE service.
- Performance improvement for the enchantment interface.
- Fix to display a message when monsters are nearby on trying to sleep in a bed.
- Fix for an issue causing blocks to reappear after being destroyed when the server is busy.
- Fix for experience orbs being invisible for a period of time when created.
- Fix to force a nether fortress, possibly parted or slivered, Blaze Spawner and Nether Wart to always be present in the Nether for a newly created world.
- Fix for autosave not working when the host has gone into an idle state.
- Fix to increase the spawn rate for mooshrooms.
- Fix to player experience level display in two player vertical splitscreen mode.
- Fix for Quick Move not being possible while holding something in the cursor.
- Fix for armor position on Bad Santa when sat down.
- Fix for magma cube hit boxes.
- Fix to show the aura of enchanted items for other players in an online game.
- Fix for tools enchanted with Unbreaking occasionally repairing themselves.
- Changes to improve breeding – Love mode status is now network synchronized, and animals react more correctly if spawn limits are reached when breeding.
- Fix for issue with “Take Half” in the brewing stand interface.
- Fix to allow the map to be displayed when the player has turned off Display Hand.
- Fix for status effects being removed after using the nether portal.
- Fix to stop the item in hand being changed when traveling to/from the Nether.
- Fix for compass not pointing to the original spawn point after having been in the Nether.
- Fix to allow players to be able to eat food even if they are not allowed to build and mine.
- Fix to allow client players to toggle Custom Skin Animation.
- Fix for player gamertag border color being wrong after a respawn/dimension change.
- Fix for issue in splitscreen where it was possible to craft items without a player having the resources required.
- Fix to remove the love mode tooltip when animals are unable to enter love mode.
- Change to moderator option description in the Host and Player Options.
- Fix for the submerged edge of the world emitting a faint light.
- Fix for lighting issue with mobs in water.
- Fix to stop food being removed when feeding animals in creative Mode.
- Fix to stop bones being removed when taming wolves in creative Mode.
- Change to make baby wolves tame when born.
- Fix for blaze rods not being identified as fuel for a furnace.
- Fix for issue with sky lighting values making bedrock layer fully lit.
December 19, 2012
(Equates to 1.0.0)
- 1.4.6 Feature: Item name appears above hotbar when switching to it.
- Phases of the moon added
- In creative mode, hostile mobs don't go after the player, unless attacked.
- Potion brewing
- 1.1 Feature: Bows are enchantable
- 1.3 Feature: Based on newer Enchanting system. Maximum level for enchantment is 30 instead of 50
- 1.3 Feature: You'll receive experience from smelting and/or mining ores (e.g. iron ingots when smelting, redstone ores when mining).
- 1.4 Feature: Experience from breeding.
- Animal Breeding
- New biome:
- New mobs:
- New Nether generation
- New items/blocks
- Ender pearls can now be thrown to teleport in Survival and Creative mode (will take damage upon landing)
- New tutorial world with new biome
- New mini-tutorials for new features
- Updated new music disc quest in the Tutorial world
- Skin-related animation for Skin Packs
- Option to disable skin animation
- Added avatar Items to the download context menu.
- How to play: new section to brewing, enchantment, and breeding
- Fences now attach to adjacent blocks.
November 15, 2012
- Quick command to clear the hotbar in creative mode. (X Button)
- Toggle to turn Void fog on and off. Fog is disabled by default. Void fog is dependent on the game's Hosts's settings.
- Option to disable HUD and appearance of player hand in graphics settings.
- Cakes are now stackable.
- Added a How To Play page for Host and Player options.
- Fence collision box decreased to size of fence block
- Golden apple recipe will use gold ingots in place of nuggets.
- Fix for renaming save files.
- Fix for worlds created pre-1.8.2 crashing because of signs.
- Missing golden apple and pumpkin seeds crafting recipes.
- Fix for respawning players appearing on maps while "Gamertag Display" is disabled.
- Fix for water and lava buckets in creative mode not having infinite uses as intended.
- Fix for mob generation code to spawn more animals in the world.
- Fix for chests being incorrectly lit and placed on worlds created before the 1.8.2 update.
- Fix for eating animation showing on players who weren't eating.
- Fix for chest lids not behaving properly.
- Fix for game sounds not playing when player has an empty hand.
- Fix for mobs appearing to take damage when they aren't.
- Fix for Lever and fence gate sounds.
- Fix for Leader of the Pack achievement being incorrectly rewarded.
- Fix for Leaderboard stats.
- Fix for hitbox issues with glass panes and iron bars
- Fix for the small-character display turning green.
- Fix for splitscreen players having settings set to zero.
- Fix for issues with rendering with clouds disabled, and rendering blocks at the edge of the map.
- Fix for splitscreen players not being able to mine in the tutorial.
- Fix for players not being able to Sprint in creative after saving in survival with a low hunger bar.
- Fix for PvP damage from arrows while PvP is disabled
- Fix for pressure plates not working correctly when activated.
- Fix for the low food bar hint appearing during a creative game.
- Removed player shadow from the Host while Host Invisibility is enabled
- Fix for red flowers not spawning in world generation.
- Fix for paintings being pushed by pistons
- Fix to prevent players who can't eat due to Trust Players being turned off do not get exhausted.
- Fixed an issue with the interface disappearing after using the Facebook Share tool.
- Fix to limit the number of slimes, ghasts, and silverfish that can be spawned in the world.
- Fix to prevent the cursor from going offscreen in creative mode.
- Fixed issues with capes:
- Not displaying correctly while sprint-flying
- Not displaying while in the Nether
- Not displaying when the player respawns
- Fixed bows in Creative Mode so that they do not consume ammo when fired
- Reduced the volume of the chest opening/closing sound effect
October 16, 2012
(Equates to Beta 1.8.1)
- Generated structures
- Ice Plains
- Extreme Hills
- Creative mode
- Added a simple tutorial for creative mode.
- Added flying and sprint-flying to creative mode.
- Disabled achievements and leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative mode.
- Food bar and hunger
- Eating animation
- Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
- Added death messages.
- World type
- Blocks & Items
- Foods are now stackable except mushroom stew and cake.
- Changed the TNT explosion sound.
- Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
- Added quick move to the dispenser.
- Added quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
- Added the blocking move with swords.
- Shears can now collect tall grass and the new vine.
- Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
- Pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
- Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
- 1.2.5 Feature: Quick move for the furnace interface
- 1.1 Feature: Apples drop from leaf blocks
- 1.2.3 Feature: Pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
- 1.2.3 Feature: Fix to vines to stop them spreading too much.
- 1.2.3 Feature: Shapeless mushroom stew recipe
- Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
- The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
- Skeletons now hold full size bows.
- Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
- Zombies now drop rotten flesh instead of feathers.
- Updated some mob sounds.
- Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
- Cloud movement syncs with the game's time.
- Improved sunrise and sunset.
- Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain)
- Removed the Void by making it impossible to break the bottom/top layer of bedrock.
- Removed biomes - rainforest, seasonal forest, savanna, shrubland, and tundra.
- 1.2.3 Feature: Mining speed changes
- Updated the How to Play HUD with food bar information.
- Added descriptions for Creative mode and sprinting to the How to Play menus.
- Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
- Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
- Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
- Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
- Added music disc quests in the Tutorial world - players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the music discs that can be played in a jukebox.
- Fix for duplication glitch.
- Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
- Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
- Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn't.
- Fixed issue with minecart with furnace not being able to move another minecart.
- Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
August 7, 2012
- Fix for a crash with pistons at the edge of the world
- Fix for a crash due to a thread safety issue usually caused by pistons
- Fix for issue with operating pistons on chunk boundaries
- Fix for a rendering flicker with active pistons
- Fix for rendering slowdown due to lighting issues
- Fix for rain going through blocks (raining indoors)
- Fix for Marketplace not launching when unlocking skin pack after selecting a locked skin in the trial version of the skin pack
- Fix for bug allowing locked skins to be selected if they are beside a free skin
- Fix for misaligned player scores when viewed under the "My Score" leaderboard filter
- Fix for the constant button press sounds when rotating a character in the skin select screen
- Fix for the constant sound effect played on the sign text entry
- Fix for thunder not being audible
- Fix for third person front view not displaying fire.
July 13, 2012
(Equates to Beta 1.7.3)
- Added pistons & sticky pistons.
- Added stackable fences.
- Added shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaves.
- Flint and steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
- Redstone will now connect to a redstone repeater.
- New textures for cobblestone and brick.
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from downloadable Skin Packs.
- Added lighting improvements (backported from Beta 1.8.1 of the computer version) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80, and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
- Added the new textures for cooked porkchop and dispenser that were added in Beta 1.8 and 1.2.1 respectively.
- Added ridged lines in iron blocks, and minor changes to other ore blocks added in 1.0.0.
- Added optional tutorial for pistons and redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using pistons.
- Added some sugar canes, cacti and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for flint and steel.
- Fix for note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for netherrack re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them (e.g. Attacking a pig while it's standing in grass will now hit it).
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Fix for stone not being able to be picked up when mined.
June 15, 2012
- Added an autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
- Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.
- Added an Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
- Added a gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.
- Added a co-ordinate display to the in-game map.
- Added new sections in the How To Play on multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What’s New.
- Added a warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.
- Fix for the leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.
- Fix for server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.
- Fix for issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.
- Fix for clay generation.
- Fix for ‘Awaiting Approval’ showing all the time on some signs.
- Various crafting menu fixes.
- Fix for being able to stand on sugarcane.
- Fix for intermittent crash on saving.
- Fix for duplication bug with the furnace and the dispenser.
- Fix for not being able to place water near the spawn area.
- Fix for intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether world.
- Fix for frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.
- Fix for intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.
- Fix for graphical issue with stairs.
- Fix for issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn’t.
- Fix for Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.
- Fix for nether portal not being shown on screen after use.
May 9, 2012
(Equates to Beta 1.6.6)
- All Beta 1.6.6 features
- Beta 1.8.1 Feature: New sounds
- 1.0.0 Feature: Face view
- Version exclusive tutorial
- Up to 4 players locally (requires HDTV A/V + HDMI or component cable)
- Up to 8 players online
- Simplified crafting system