|Version history and upcoming features|
This page is about planned versions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence, or have received development versions.
1.9, known as The Combat Update, is an upcoming update to Minecraft with no set release date. It is currently listed in the bug tracker as "Far Future Version - 1.9+", and has been mentioned by the Minecraft developers.
The console edition is getting an update called TU25 on the Xbox 360, CU14 on the Xbox One, and 1.17 on the PlayStation versions. This update is planned for release on July 1, 2015.
- A classic crafting option
- Customizable superflat worlds
- Blocks and Items
- Stained glass
- Stained glass panes
- New types of fences for all different types of wood
- New types of doors for all different types of wood
- New types of fence gates for all different types of wood
- Book & Quill
- Iron Trapdoor
- Daylight Sensors can now be inverted
Minecraft will be released on the Microsoft HoloLens in the near future. Initially appearing in a short HoloLens promotional video, it was later demoed at E3 2015. Features that take advantage of the augmented reality headset were demonstrated. It is expected that more information will be known at Minecon 2015.