|Version history and upcoming features|
This page is about planned versions of Minecraft. These updated either have major sources to their existence, or have received development versions.
1.8.1 is an upcoming update to Minecraft with no set release date. The first development version was released on October 15, 2014. This update primarily is focused on bug fixes.
doEntityDrops- Works like
doTileDropsbut applies to entities instead.
- Ryan Holtz (TheMogMiner) and Michael Stoyke (Searge) are now mentioned in the credits
doTileDropsno longer affects entities
- Changed some colors
- No longer run from creepers
- Various improvements
- Can now be extended
- Newly generated witch huts can spawn witches on Y 64 to 71
- This allows for three spawning floors in witch farms
- Renamed "Multiplayer Settings" to "Chat Settings" from 1.5.x and lower.
- 97 issues fixed
- From released versions before
- MC-3 – Player facing changes when passing through nether portals in certain cases
- MC-460 – Experience orb position client-server desync
- MC-1279 – Slow (Choppy) Rotating Beacon Block
- MC-1607 – Ghost End Portal in The End / Missing layer with AMD/ATI graphics cards
- MC-2545 – Persistant Chunk error / Corrupted world / Wrong location spam
- MC-3448 – Statistic screen icons messed up
- MC-4158 – Nether Portal sometimes places you a fraction of a block in the air
- MC-4167 – EXP orbs will switch locations after a second or so from killing a mob.
- MC-6594 – Non-living entities (boats, minecarts, falling sand, item frames, paintings) drop items even if
doTileDropsis set to false
- MC-10808 – Sprinting and breaking particles of piston arms use same particles as piston eventhough there no stone on the arms
- MC-12013 – Experience Orbs invisible for one second right after spawning
- MC-37782 – Items held by witches are too small and held incorrectly
- MC-38385 – Hopper:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bad Base64 input character at 4036: 5 (decimal)
- MC-44542 – Tools with
CanDestroyset to allow the breaking of certain blocks don't display proper block name on the tooltip (English (US) language only)
- MC-45537 – Cannot place buttons under stairs or slabs, or ontop of upside down stairs or slabs
- MC-46579 – Items are too high on the arm in 3rd person mode while sneaking
- MC-48011 – Ender dragon experience drops are not affected by
- MC-48130 –
/fillreplace command not filling when clicking tab
- MC-49126 – Glowstone crystal formations are missing their bottom layers
- MC-49538 – Achievement "Overpowered" Has Misleading Icon
- MC-52717 – Placing heads / skulls break existing blocks
- MC-53718 – Chicken jockey riding inside chicken
- MC-54551 – Resizing window while in Customized World Settings snaps back to Customized Settings page 1
- MC-54707 – Command:
/setblock minecraft:sign <y> <z> <tilename>produces a confusing error message
- MC-55661 – Animals don't teleport to Player when target is air block
- MC-56574 –
/tellraw open_urlisn't showing url
- MC-58307 – Air bubbles appear after drowning and still dead
- MC-59216 – Unable to build iron golem and snow golem with jack o'lantern
- MC-59360 – Levers Pop Off Non-Solid Blocks
- MC-62140 – 2 block tall flowers generated in previous version removes the 2nd block
- MC-62758 – Tall flowers drop two items when block below is broken
- MC-63466 – Ctrl +Pick Block gives a Steve head instead of a head with the owner's skin
- MC-64082 – Enchantment options for individual players are reset after death.
KeepInventorydoes not have any affect.
- MC-64427 –
/debugwith invalid arguments don't print an error message
- MC-64773 –
- MC-64846 – Cannot extend Potion of Leaping to eight minutes using redstone in a brewing stand.
- MC-65603 – Ender Dragon does not obey
- MC-65834 – Snow layers placed against the side of a block are placed one block too far out
- MC-65945 – Enderman blocks look weird when invisible
- MC-66324 –
/clonehas incomplete syntax
- MC-66658 –
/killdoes not tab autocomplete with a player's name
- MC-66786 – Incorrect death message for dispensed harming potions
- MC-66861 – when press Tab ↹ on
/entitydata, players pop up
- MC-66922 – <effect> argument in
/effectdoes not show clear in help syntax
- MC-67437 – Lightning gives AI to Witches and Zombie Pigman that were originally Pigs and Villagers that had
NoAIset to 1
- MC-68160 – Placing a coloured banner on a cactus drops a black banner
- MC-68247 – Beacon Beam disappears while looking upwards from it
- MC-68400 – Creative Inventory vert. scrollbar changes without scrolling.
- MC-68497 – Cut/Copy function updates clipboard even if nothing is selected
- MC-68654 – Tab Complete -
- MC-68745 –
/resourcepacks/folder is not automatically created when initially starting the game
- MC-68891 – Mobs think daylight sensor is a full block, causing them to jump while trying to get off it
- MC-69266 – Snow layer placing behavior buggy and inconsistent
- MC-69323 – Certain commands do not allow tab completing coordinate arguments
- MC-69823 –
/debughelp text wrong
- MC-69983 – Multiplayer Settings named wrongly
- MC-69984 – The "Defaults" popup on the customized world generation options screen doesn't disable hovering over stuff behind it
- MC-69989 – Debug worlds generate one column twice
- MC-70054 – Rabbits don't follow players holding golden carrots or dandelions
- MC-70111 – When a thrown enderpearl is in the air, it disappears after relogging.
- MC-70305 – "Sprint" is in the wrong category in Controls screen
- MC-70308 – Bottom outline is missing in the Controls screen buttons
- MC-70338 – Hopper:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space - creating debug image whilst stitching textures
- MC-70359 – Block breaking remains when eating/blocking with a sword
- MC-70431 – Minecraft 1.8 skin bug!
- MC-70565 – when opening a chest in modded servers Minecraft crashes continuously
- MC-70675 – End credits make no mention of Ryan Holtz (TheMogMiner) or Michael Stoyke (Searge)
- MC-71777 –
/achievement taketaking too many achievements
- MC-71973 – Tab list headers and footers stay even when rejoining a diferent server
- MC-71981 – Uploading a hardcore world to Realms retains auto-ban
- MC-72166 – Banners disappear at some angles.
- MC-72524 – Can't place buttons on top of redstone blocks
- MC-72583 –
doTileDropsaffects item frames
- MC-72868 – Mobs glitch through the ground under certain conditions
- MC-72869 – The 'Defaults' button on the Customized world screen does not disable itself after use
- MC-72871 – Resizing the game makes buttons on "Defaults" popup on Customized world GUI disappear
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-44474 – Smooth teleportation while falling glitches player back up
- MC-46670 – Withers trapped in a barrier box attacks barriers, killing it
- MC-46809 –
/sayNot Showing Villager Entity Data if 'CustomName' Provided
- MC-47987 – Entering a mobs view in spectator mode does not change if world is changed
- MC-48633 – Operation, test and enable doesn't show up as options when typing
- MC-53558 – World Generator Crash when creating a custom new world (Different than others)
- MC-54929 – Fast Creeper bug (aka Creeper Zurg Rush)
- MC-56268 – Breaking the bedrock below an Ender Crystal (in the End) creates performance drops, rapidly flickering light
- MC-58908 –
- MC-61610 – Bedrock at Y0 has wood log in it at x0 y0 z0.
- MC-61844 – Creepers target Iron Golems, causing terrain damage without interaction of a player
- MC-64455 – Item with
CanPlaceOnhave missing translations for ALL languages
- MC-64598 – Creative search tab text becomes offset.
- MC-65276 – bow is upside down when held
- MC-69562 – Can't play LAN whilst offline
- From the 1.8.1 development versions
- MC-73025 – Falling blocks do not animate
- MC-73026 – Unable to hit the ender dragon
- MC-73060 – Crash: Named Enderdragon seems to have crashed me
- MC-73061 – Realms not compatible with 1.8.1-pre1/-pre2
- MC-73114 – Entity UUID Records Remain in Scoreboard Teams
- MC-73123 – Entity's Lose Scoreboard Scores when in unloaded Chunk
0.10.0 is an upcoming update to the pocket edition.
- Day/night cycle in creative.
- Adaptation for 64-bit hardware/software, making the game faster for 64-bit users.
- Support for the resolutions of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- OpenGL ES 2.0.
- Tinted lighting from PC.
- Mipmaps on Android devices using OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Version exclusive: Added dust particles for falling gravel and sand.
- Made the chat smaller
- Optimized chunk rendering.
- Improved Performance.
- The time of day is now more accurately synced in multiplayer.
- Added a selection overlay on Chests and Signs.
- "Cancel" button will show up if joining a multiplayer world/server takes too long.
- The outline of chat messages ends where the message ends, and does not cover the whole screen.
- Brightness toggle
- Game freezes when an alert or different UI is opened (iOS)
- Fixed a crash when rendering monster spawners.
- Fixed a crash/memory leak happening when showing the system keyboard - signs and chat. (iOS)
- Fxed a corruption and possible crash when switching apps. (Android)
- Fixed the "spawning in the air" bug.
- Fixed a crash when creating lava during world generation.
- Fixed a white artifact on torches held in hand.
- Fixed holes appearing in the clouds.
- Fixed a brown artifact appearing on the bottom of minecarts.
- Fixed a random crash in multiplayer.
- Fixed a possible crash when selecting double chests.
- Fixed water not pushing things.
Xbox 360 TU17, Xbox One TU3, PS3 1.08,PS4 1.02, PSVita 1.03
4J Studios has confirmed that a major console update will be released, equivalent to PC versions 1.4 through 1.6.4.