||This page contains content on features that will be included in a future update.
These features are confirmed, but not yet added to the game.
This page is about upcoming features that have been announced by Mojang employees.
||Planned release date
- Added Chicken Jockeys
- Consist of a Baby Zombie riding and controlling a Chicken
- Because the Zombie is riding a Chicken, it cannot take fall damage
- As it is a Baby Zombie it will not burn up if exposed to daylight
- Extremely rare - every Baby Zombie spawned has a very small chance of spawning as a Chicken Jockey
- One click broadcasting to Twitch.tv 
- Microphone can be recorded too.
- Chat integration in the game. 
- Several new settings
- Twitch Broadcast Settings
- Quality, Framerate, Bandwidth, Send Metadata, Mic Volume, System Volume and Compression
- Twitch Chat Settings
- New Mojang logo - image is now red instead of orange, and font seems to be arial.
- The Sharpness enchantment now affects the "attack damage" attribute.
- Minecraft Realms servers now have an icon which is the face of the owner's skin
|Fixed 38 Bugs:
- MC-107 - Potion of night vision: total blackout
- MC-190 - Misaligned textures on south and east faces for non-full blocks
- MC-2488 - The Unicode font is illegible in fullscreen mode
- MC-5002 - Some texts can't be translated in a language file
- MC-11129 - Unicode font text shadow in fullscreen mode
- MC-12413 - Furnace GUI - "full" arrow texture always drawn on leftmost column
- MC-12964 - Server performance issue: Chunk coordinates use a bad hash function
- MC-14323 - Minimising other windows open, resizes Minecraft window
- MC-16259 - Enchantments not showing stats in tooltip.
- MC-23132 - Click or right-click stuck on OS X
- MC-26102 - OS X Fullscreen is not supported
- MC-29469 - Unable to take screenshot in GUI or active chat line
- MC-30300 - Minecraft Mac Command Key Glitch
- MC-30527 - Achievement "Adventuring Time" does not work
- MC-30537 - Flower duplication glitch
- MC-31006 - Adventuring Time — list of visited biomes resets on login
- MC-31388 - Right clicking a flower pot that has certain plants in it while holding another plant replaces the one in the flower pot with the one you're holding
- MC-31622 - Wrong render distance beyond 8 and more chunks settings.
- MC-32295 - Glitchy item borders with Mipmapping and Anisotropic Filtering activated
- MC-33035 - Loading text in Polish (and other languages with Unicode font) isn't showing properly
- MC-34573 - Font file of Unicode Page C2 (Korean) shows character '숼'(U+C23C) at the position of '쉴'(U+C274)
- MC-35617 - Cactus has incorrect inventory image
- MC-35643 - Items with enchantment effect cause blocks and potion effects indicator to not render
- MC-35658 - Water too transparent?
- MC-35797 - Background Rendering Issues When Picking Up Enchanted Items / Caption of containers white
- MC-35856 - Multiple Background Songs Playing At One Time / Automatic music overlap
- MC-35897 - Damaged armor, tools & weapons placed in certain inventory slots cause other slots to go black
- MC-36159 - Graphical glitch on beacon effects in inventory screen.
- MC-36329 - Rendering glitch when looking at river through stained glass
- MC-36383 - Translucent parts of stained glass not visible in 3rd person mode
- MC-36395 - Weird rendering of transparent blocks on the 0-axis
- MC-36482 - Upon exiting (shift click) minecart, the range and criteria is drastically off, up to 8 blocks away
- MC-36705 - Block held in 3rd person rendered incorrectly
- MC-36772 - Enchanted items have big enchant around whole item
- MC-37106 - All the textures are flipped/mirrored on north/east sides of blocks
- MC-40255 - Falling Invisible slime causes "blue screen"
- MC-41135 - Players become invisible+immune for PvP damage, after being killed and relogging instead of respawning
- MC-41165 - SetSlot packet can no longer set item under cursor
- MC-41508 - Hopper: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object: "
- Hitboxes of blocks appear in Adventure mode only if the block can be interacted with (chests, levers, etc.).
- A functionality that will protect your chests and furnaces in multiplayer 
Other planned features, items, and blocks
||Jeb originally made clouds transparent when looking from underneath it in snapshot 13w06a. However, this change was reverted in 13w10b as Jeb noticed that the fix caused an FPS drop. He stated "In the future we can fix this again, but with more specific cloud options in the video settings menu."
||Dinnerbone plans to make buckets fillable from cauldrons.
|Rendering Engine Rewrite
||First confirmed for 1.5, but not added yet. The features will require a higher OpenGL feature-set and include some sort of fallback for older hardware. The rewritten engine will allow for much faster overall rendering, resulting in higher FPS. This has partially been added in 1.7
||Audio loops have not yet been added to the game, but may be implemented to play when the player is in a specific location (In caves, forests, oceans, and beside a waterfall). This has been partially added in 1.4 with the addition of lava and water ambient sounds.
||The Minecraft documentary team of 2 Player Productions filmed a Keynote roadmap, containing these lines. Kristoffer mentioned on Twitter that he is currently working on friends lists for Scrolls, then for other Mojang games. These will be available for players with Mojang accounts. At MineCon 2012 Jeb stated that it would be a large implementation on the server side and will be used for all Mojang games, and that is a big project.  
||The Minecraft documentary team of 2 Player Productions filmed a Keynote roadmap, containing these lines. It has also been mentioned at various points that a program for making videos will be implemented into Minecraft itself. During MineCon 2013 it was also announced that Minecraft would have live stream support for Twitch.
|Rewriting the Skin System
||Dinnerbone displayed interest towards looking into switching the skin system to edit right and left player limbs separately, once they're done rewriting the "rendering stuffs".
|More Interesting Villagers
||Jeb mentioned during a Q&A at Minecon 2012 that he would like to expand upon the complexity of Villagers eventually.
||Jon Kagstrom commented on Reddit that he would like to add more animals, such as fish, birds, and tree animals, to make the game seem more alive.
|Workbench (Mod/Plugin API)
||Dinnerbone mentioned on Twitter that he was experimenting with adding seasons, and varying the length of day and night according to season. He also mentioned it during MineCon 2013.  Seasons may include changes in color of tree leaves and may also be tied to real time.
|Account System Update
||This will include the ability to change your Minecraft username and have multiple copies of Minecraft per account. Bans will be changed to use a new Player ID system.
||Dinnerbone stated that there will be a way to remove enchantments from items.
||Ryan Holtz said he is going to add Beets as they will be in the Pocket Edition version 0.8.0. Jeb also stated he is testing them for the PC version.