Tutorials/Recover corrupted saved world data
At times Minecraft will hiccup and drop a saved world from the list of those available. The file is still there with the other saved worlds, it's just been corrupted. The missing world, and all your effort there, is recoverable. The things you were wearing and carrying at the time the world got corrupted are not.
- Access Application Data\.minecraft\saves
You should see a folder for each of your saved worlds:
- Make a copy of the corrupted world folder & all files & folders inside, rename it however you please.
- Start Minecraft and create a new world, then save and close Minecraft.
- It doesn't matter what the new world is like, you're just going to harvest files from it (the inventory from this world will also be used, so if you want your items back put them into your inventory before closing the game).
- Go back to Application Data\.minecraft\saves
- There will be a new folder for the world you just created.
- Cut the files (but not the folders) from the new saved world folder:
- level.dat_mcr (not always present)
- And replace the ones in the copy of the corrupted world save file you made earlier.
- Restart Minecraft
- You should see a world named whatever you named the new world, but with the corrupted world copy as the seed.
- Test to make sure the world loads correctly.
- You will start in a random location and have to find your way back to your settlement.
- In Minecraft, rename the world "back" to what the original corrupted world was named.