|This article is a stub.
Please help us by expanding it.
- It is possible to combat a skeleton without getting hurt because they are less accurate in Pocket Editon.
- Mobs in Pocket Edition don't have path finding AI, which means player can lead them up to a cactus or lava where they will be killed. Overhangs work but sometimes don't.
- Don't waste your first day looking for iron. The day only lasts 12 min. so the main priority is to find wood, shelter and coal.
- It is not risky to fight a Creeper with a sword for 3 reasons 1. There is a bug that makes Creeper explosions weaker. On rare occasions, only 1 block is destroyed. 2. They have a shorter explosion range. 3. They do not have path finding AI so you can lead them up to lava or a cactus.
- Don't try to look for Clay in Pocket Edition. The worlds are shorter which means there are only a few beaches. It is extremely rare, but possible, to spawn in a world where there isn't water. Infinite worlds will be implented in 0.9.0
- You can access the Void in Survival by building the Nether Reactor on bedrock level.
- Obsidian breaks quicker.
- The Pocket Edition drains battery power quickly so for maximum performance, charge your device.
- When you purchase Pocket Edition make sure you get a Mojang account so you can play Realms multiplayer.
- To ensure that your game is virus free, download the app from the Android Market or the iOS App Store because apps from 3rd parties may contain viruses.
 Other tips
- If you stand in the middle of a block, look to a side of the block where you can't select anything else, and place a block in front of the one you stand on, it gets placed.
- Water is still infinite, as long as you use the 4 block square method.
- You can use 3rd person view to easily put blocks in places normally not as accessible.
- You can put torches on glass and other blocks by putting fences two blocks away from the glass and trying to put the torches on the fence, which will cause the torch to attach to the glass.
- Bedrock is mineable in creative, and if you fall off the world, you will keep all your items in Survival.
- If your inventory is full, you can still craft items, but it will be dropped on the ground.
- Obsidian is much faster to mine than in the PC edition.
Tap on options and choose your best settings. if you don't know what servers are it doesn't matter right now. If you want to, change your name.
If you have a good phone/tablet you can set the settings to high performance, though this drains more power and ram. (This setting may not show up on some devices)
 Before You Start
Tap on Start Game, create world. Where it says new world, tap on it and name it what ever you want. The world will be saved in the name you've given it. Next you will want to tap on the game mode and make it survival because this tutorial is a survival tutorial. Then below that is where you put the seed for the world. The seed are some letters, symbols and/or numbers that you've put in. Put whatever you want. If your recording you could put the name of the video, or you could put your name in there! Finally, create your world by tapping on create world and wait for it to create. Note:When the world has been created pause the game and read this. Pause the game any time when you need to read so the sun doesn't go down and monsters come and kill you.
 Starting the game
When you start have a look around, try to find trees because they have wood which can be used as they are useful for wooden planks. Planks are used for building, which can help you later. If you're surrounded by sand, have a look around for green land because you're in a desert biome. Desert Biomes have no trees, just cacti . If your completely surrounded by water, which isn't good, that means you're in an ocean biome. Swimming is slower than sprinting and walking, and you won't find trees in the sea. Then delete your world or try a different seed or try and swim to land.