|This article is a stub.
Please help us by expanding it.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
But by using maths, you can get there via a nether portal!
Materials[edit | edit source]
- 10 obsidian (or 14 if you want to fill in the corners with obsidian)
- A flint and steel, fire charge, or anything that can set the inside of the nether portal on fire
And These Facts[edit | edit source]
X- Increases east, decreases west.
Y- Increases by height, decreases by depth.
Z- Increases south, decreases north.
You can relocate portals in the nether using a little math.
Steps[edit | edit source]
1. Nether portal. If you don't have one, make one.
2. Find your desired location you want to travel to.
3. Note the coordinates of the area, then divide the X and Z values by 8 (by 3 if playing on Xbox 360 or PS3, PS4, and Xbox One are an exception as they don't have PC sized worlds!). You can ignore the Y value.
4. Go through your portal & head to those divided coordinates. Try to place yourself at about the same elevation, then make your portal. You should come out about where you were previously.
Note: This works because one block in the nether is equal to eight blocks in the over world. For example, to travel 800 blocks in the over world, you would only need to travel 100 blocks in the nether.