- 1 Russian Messages
- 2 Deletion
- 3 2 things.
- 4 About foreign wiki list
- 5 Editing tip
- 6 drinks her own potions
- 7 Which splash potions are they immune to?
- 8 picture
- 9 Spawning
- 10 12w40b - spawning in witch huts
- 11 Potion Drops
- 12 Confusion About Swamp Huts.
- 13 Witch Spawning Egg Bug
- 14 Witch Huts
- 15 Witch Spawn egg is Weak?
- 16 The riddle of Witch spawning
- 17 When do witches drop (drink) swiftness potions?
- 18 Spawning in overworld
- 19 Question about witches spawning with world generation
- 20 Arrows distance
- 21 Sticks?
- 22 Spawn rate (1.8)
Whoever is writing these Russian messages should be banned. If you want proof, log into Google Translate and see what the messages say. They definitely shouldn't be on the wiki.
From russian note: this message posted by vandal. It contains uncensored words and text. I recommend ban this user. (sorry for bad english)
--188.8.131.52 00:38, 1 August 2013 (UTC)A new poster arrives to save the day:
The following message is unrelated to the original topic, save for the fact that I am here representing the Grammar KGB. Almost everyone on here has terrible punctuation and grammar. I suggest that you all take some remedial English classes.
i dont think we need this page untill we get more info. Although, i do think a "pinnocho on a broom" would be crazy! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 22:59, 18 September 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Lets keep this page, and dinner bone said, "I decided to go for a less traditional witch look and have an "offshoot villager" kinda thing. It has a magical nose that wiggles, too." –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (Talk) 23:27, 18 September 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Done.--18.104.22.168 20:31, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
About foreign wiki list
At all who edit the list of the other foreign wiki please don't move italian wiki to the down because we're the first wiki after this who have created the article about the Witch --Raffox97 05:04, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- The interwiki links get sorted by prefix (more or less), not according to which wiki created their page on a subject first. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 05:20, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
New editors: For upcoming features like this, remember to always write in past tense, not future. Otherwise people will have to change it. So save other people's time, and write it in the correct style in the beginning so we don't have to clean up after you. --M0rphzone(talk) (*How to remove sidebar*) 21:31, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
drinks her own potions
i was messing around with the witch and what i was able to find out is she drinks potions i threw her in lava and then i heird the potion drinking sound and she was not getting damage't anymore and when i killed one i got a potion of instant health as drop maybe because she was drinking one of them and i killed her while doing so –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 16:10, 20 September 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Which splash potions are they immune to?
I'm surprised this has not been asked before, as the statement "immune to certain splash potions" glaringly begs the question of which ones. Cultist O 19:09, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
Do witches spawn naturally because I can't find any. Are they just rare like villages or pyramids or do they just not spawn?
- Reading the article should tell you that they do not yet spawn without using creative mode spawn eggs. (Check the information under "spawn" two lines below the picture at the top of the page) Cultist O 06:48, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
- Saw 3 witches inside a sandstone pyramide (normal pyramide with a tnt trap) at swamp biome >_< just now (1.4.2) then found an empty witch's hut ~2000 blocks away. May be spawn code is buggy atm?
I've been camping out near a witch hut for over a dozen game days and no witch. Anyone know the spawn rules? PhilHibbs 19:55, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
- My version being 1.4.6 & playing on hardcore mode, I keep finding empty witches huts during the daytime, but when I wander away & come back at night, two witches jump out and murder me. I've harvested the cauldron during the day, and upon returning at night, the witches still spawn, so it's OKAY to take the cauldron, it won't stop them from spawning. Not sure about the potted mushroom or the work bench though, although I really doubt the work bench triggers anything, next time I'm gonna grab their mushroom and see if that does anything. I've shied away from damaging the huts as well, so I don't know if modifying the structure does anything. Hopefully we can actually build huts that can spawn them from scratch if we can figure out all the necessary components/dimensions/biomes/etc. Since I've only seen them during hardcore mode, I don't know what the minimum difficulty they spawn at is. Since the huts have always been empty for me during the day, they might respect light levels 8 and higher & refuse to spawn like other hostiles, or they might only spawn at night, or both! A simple solution to get them to spawn is to wait till night, then just go far enough away that the monsters around the hut despawn, then come back super fast. Also, you may want to avoid lighting up the area around the hut, or maybe encase it in some light-blocking construction, depending on what their SPECIFIC spawning rules turn out to be. Needs more testing really, but hey, leaving everything dark, waiting till night, then running super far away and coming back real fast is the best advice I can give given the information at hand. Will be back when I find out something more specific with my testing.MinersAlmanac 08:43, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
12w40b - spawning in witch huts
I have finally found a witch hut on a newly generated map, but so far (2 minecraft days) no witch spawned in / near it. I am wandering around the hut at various distances to give her a chance, but with no luck so far. Anybody seen a witch to actually spawn on its own in the hut? Zyzyzyryxy 19:18, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
I sure havn't. 126.96.36.199 17:57, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
I'm guessing from what I read later in this Discussion section that, if it's like Nether Fortresses - no single "block," that Spawns them - then it's sort of like those: Rarely I'll see a Blaze, or Wither Skeleton (now) or regular Skeleton (now, and less-common than the Wither ones) in those, but sometimes I won't, initially. Dungeons, too even have a Spawner, but occasionally just because there's a Spawner, it doesn't mean anything's Spawned, just yet (though it seems Witches are much Slower to Spawn, than other things, including in say, the much-Larger Nether Fortresses). Yilante, 10 /28 /12 4:26 pm 188.8.131.52 23:26, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
When i killed 64 witches with fire aspect diamond sword, when they dropped potions the dropped only fire resistance potions. So maybe if you kill the when they are on fire their only potion drop is fire resistance. Like piggies drop cooked meat when they die on fire. Maybe? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Vilkkku (Talk|Contribs) 10:41, 20 October 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Witches drop potions that they are visibly holding/drinking. When you put a witch on fire, she will drink Potion of Fire Resistance and then Potion of Healing. Try killing one after she drank the first potion and you'll get Potion of Healing. --mgr 13:34, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
Are potions following these rules for rare drops "Unlike most common drops, they only occur if the monster is killed by a player."? The description here suggests it's more a question of if they are on fire or something, and not about if a player kills them direct. Is this right?
Confusion About Swamp Huts.
It says that witches spawn in swamp huts in the swamp biome.
Does this mean that if I build a swamp hut to exact specifications in a swamp biome, they will spawn in it?
Just like villagers won't turn up to populate your houses, no. Also, don't forget to sign with 4 ~. Noobnathan 20:54, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
But witches respawn (or so I've read) at the witch huts, so clearly they don't spawn in a way at all similar to villagers. The real question is, what identifies a swamp hut as a valid location for a witch to spawn? Is there a particular block? For example, does the cauldron perhaps have a special tag / metadata value that identifies it as a Witch's hut? 184.108.40.206 22:58, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- I haven't seen the code yet, but I suspect it's similar to nether fortresses, using a different spawnable mob list for that small part of the world. Which area that spawn list applies to is determined by the world seed, not any specific blocks. -- Orthotope 04:04, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
Witch Spawning Egg Bug
Yeah, I just tried to spawn a Witch on a creative world. As soon as I throw the egg, the witch appears for a split second, then vanishes... What the heck?
And to top it off, I spawned a map where a witch's hut was, and there are no witches!
I think this is a bug of some kind...
Durzan 14:31, 27 October 2012 (UTC)Durzan
- Set your difficulty to something other than 'peaceful'. -- Orthotope 17:52, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
all mobs will despawn if you are on peaceful
Do witch huts generate regardless whether peaceful mode is turned on? --Radical Edward2 16:38, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, but if on peaceful the witch will instantly despawn. #trigger_hurt(I|T|C) Check out my project! 16:40, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
Witch Spawn egg is Weak?
I don't know why when i use egg the witch is very weak to fight for player but witch in the hut very hard to kill and... why witch is not move back when player is come near? --220.127.116.11 14:38, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
- You have terrible grammar (no offense).
- what game mode are you in? Survival or creative? What is your difficulty when fighting witches with spawn eggs and when fighting in witch huts? Different weapons also have different amounts of damage on each hit, so the weapon you are using does have an effect. ×Meeples10× ᐸ Talk
Contribs 15:09, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
The riddle of Witch spawning
As for now, taking all what have been written here under consideration, condition of spawning of witches look really mysterious. Please check if I am right in the following.
1. The game calculates the place for Witch Huts from the seed, so they are predictable.
Note that Amidst can guess their localization as well. However, it is interesting that Amidst 2.0 did it right while Amidst 3.0 sees temples (on swamplands - yes!) in some locations where witches huts are - while it sees huts correctly on other places. So - are there two different methods of coding with huts localization? Maybe witches spawn only in huts which are seen as such by Amidst, while they do not spawn in huts which are seen as temples by Amidst?
2. The witch can spawn in the hut only when she spawned during world generation. It is only my hypothesis. I mean the situation when somebody travels on the map on Peaceful. Suddenly a witch hut appears - but the game level presents the mob of being spawned. And if then the level is changed into easy or higher, the witch is still prevented from appearing. I have no proofs but my game seems to say yes to this. Can anybody checked it?
3. The witch is extremely stupid. If her hut is located in shallow water (which seems to be a rule), she goes out of the hut, drops into the water and drowns in a deeper place instead of escaping. As a result, it seems that the witch does not spawn at all. Personally, I spawned a witch once from the egg. She tried to attack me but I escaped. Then she drowned just because of walking in the water here and there.
And now, some questions. What is important for a witch to spawn - the place deducted from the seed as the right place for the hut, or the presence of the hut itself?
Imagine a hut with no witches spawning (as reported many times) for whatever reason. Let me now spawn one from the egg. Next, let me kill her. Will new witches spawn in the very hut during the night? Or will they not spawn as before?
Assume now a contrary situation, so that the witch can really spawn in a given hut. What if I destroy the hut? Which piece of the structure is crucial then? (So: where is the limit of destruction of the hut beyond which the witch will spawn no longer?)
And what if I next rebuild the hut exactly in the same place? Will she spawn there then?
If yes, what if I build a hut that looks different? Or if I build it closely but not in the same place? How far can I move the hut? So: what is the exact condition for witch's spawning (or: for the chance of spawning to be greater than zero)?
Anyway, the witch is really mysterious. Note that other mobs need the proper biome, the proper light, the proper hour of the day or the proper moonphase, the presence of the player nearby, etc., to spawn. Villagers need the proper number of "valid doors". The witch seems to behave different - so she is very unique. What does the witch need exactly to be spawned?
18.104.22.168 23:16, 24 August 2013 (UTC)
When do witches drop (drink) swiftness potions?
So according to the wiki, witches drop health potions, fire resistance potions, and swiftness potions. They drink health when they'r on low health, they drink fire resistance when they'r on fire. But does anyone know when they drink swiftness potions? --MinecraftChrizz (talk) 12:33, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
Spawning in overworld
In the snapshot for 1.7 (13w42a) witches now spawn in the overworld with "normal" hostile mobs (( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jweis_jnytU (3:04))This is a video showing that)
I tried to add it to the history, but I can't seem to get it to format right, could someone else please add it in
22.214.171.124 21:15, 17 October 2013 (UTC)WillMoff
Question about witches spawning with world generation
In the trivia it says "If a game is started on peaceful then switched to a higher difficulty, all witch huts will be empty. This is because witches spawn with their huts at the beginning of the game." Ok so a) from other people's comments it sounds like witch huts respawn witches at night. So isn't that trivia info wrong? and b) wouldn't the witch that spawns with the world automatically despawn for being outside of the 128 block maximum if your view distance is over 8? (8 chunks is exactly 128 blocks) The default seems to be 10 so this would seem to be a major oversight in the coding. 126.96.36.199 16:50, 15 December 2013 (UTC)
It says on the article "compared to arrows (which, when fired straight at full charge, travel 24 blocks)." I tihnk it's an error as one of the game achievements is to kill a skeleton from 50 blocks away, so they can travel more than 24 for sure. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:03, 6 February 2014(UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- You can fire an arrow farther than 24 blocks, but you have to aim upward, not straight horizontally. -- Orthotopetalk 20:20, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- My guess is role-playing - it could either represent the stick that witches use to fly, or the stick that they use to stir their cauldrens. -Kahless61 (talk) 14:29, 24 July 2014 (UTC)