Are slimes looking for something?
Ok, I finally decided to update to 1.1, and I used the mob eggs to spawn a ton of slimes and magma cubes, and they all headed in one direction, West. or is it different? do clouds still head north? if so, it is west.
Also, have you noticed that the slimes that are in water sound like they're hiccuping? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 02:32, 14 January 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Slimes who aren't close enough to players continuously hop in the direction they face when they spawn. Also, I think the little ones make that noise all the time.--126.96.36.199 06:24, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
 Spawning in jungles?
Do they already spawn in jungles on prerelease? I couldn't find a single one in jungles on multiple seeds and slime spawner also doesn't work. Xeoxer 12:07, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- It's not in the prerelease, but it's sure it will spawn in 1.2. SrDonaldo 12:14, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
 Clicking sound
The page mentions a "wet slapping noise" but I just encountered a giant slime that wasn't making anything close to a wet slapping noise. I Fraps'd it because I spent forever trying to find where the mystery clicking noise came from (which I could hear from atleast 15 blocks away). I could get an example if no one knows what i'm talking about. TheJanitor 00:00, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
 Slime sound?
I played 1.2.3 just no more than 2 minutes ago and heard a plopping sound, Not like a slime sound of "Wet paper" More like a horse trotting, Can someone tell me what it is? Dager4 05:43, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
- could it be the new lava sounds you are hearing, they make a plop although not consistent enough to be a trotting rhythm but definitely a similar sound though –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 02:56, 20 March 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 What the....
What sort of glitch is this? When I took the screenshot, the slime was not dead, and it was moving in the ground.
- i think they sometimes get stuck in blocks and then they just suffocate. on my map they spawn in this huge room i have with plenty of room around them but i still find random slime balls –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 02:49, 20 March 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 Found this in wrong section
I found this in the page, and decided to move it here. I didn't write it. I doubt it's true. 220.127.116.11 22:21, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
- Please note that at this point, I'm going to be entirely honest because I'm not entirely sure this actually exists, but, I may have found a fourth size of slime. It divided itself 3 times into a potential total of 64 small slimes, it was approximately 6 blocks high and could barely move due to the roof height, and it was almost as challenging as the ender dragon to defeat. I'm naming this the goliath slime for lack of a better term. I derped and killed it out of fear rather than take a picture, so I need confirmation. Again, I'm not entirely sure it's real as I had a few mods on, but nothing that should effect slime size. Please help confirm. 18.104.22.168 17:56, 26 April 2012
 Can little Slimes spawn on peaceful?
Hey, I was wondering. Do little slimes spawn on peaceful? They don't technically hurt you so they might... –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 07:56, 16 May 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
no, they don't. 126.96.36.199 14:06, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- They are supposed to, but hostile mobs don't spawn naturally on peaceful, so they don't. They do spawn from spawners (but slime spawners require map editing). hotdogPi-t--c--Try my quiz! Do not click! 15:59, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
 No Slimes Spawning (1.2.5)
I had noticed something recently after creating a new world and attempting to create a slime farm - slimes are no longer spawning in normal worlds. I have tested this in survival and creative for both normal and superflat worlds, using numerous different seeds, and slimes will not spawn anywhere (I have double-checked slime locations using an online slime finder). Slimes have only spawned in superflat worlds. Is this a problem that others are having? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 21:33, 11 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- As someone who has a survival superflat map, I can assure you they DO spawn in 1.2.5, but not as often as regular mobs; light up the surrounding area to make sure no other mods are taking spawns. Skyboy 16:43, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
I made a super flat creative world, and they are everywhere, I want them gone! (Battlekey6)
 Xbox 360 edition
Slimes spawn on peaceful when you are near lava. Is this for a reason or is this a bug? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 19:31, 14 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Tiny slimes are supposed to spawn on peaceful, since they're harmless. The lava doesn't affect their spawn, however. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Lvxferre (Talk|Contribs) 13:37, 22 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
 Slime farm does not work
I made an 16x16x5 area from netherbrick glowstone on roof and jack o lanterns on sides (not all over) and slimes wont spawn i checked the chunk from slimefinder (mcslimes.appspot.com) and it says that slimes should spawn on this chunk i saw few slimes there once when i was building it but when i added some netherbrick and wool to the walls it stopped spawning them do you got any solutions for this ?
sry for possible typos (:
Edit1: I had this problem and dont know is it fixed going to try but does it really need to be 3 blocks from bedrock (2blocks and floor?) –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (Talk) 16:16, 30 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
EDIT 2: If the floor is netherbrick, the spawn rate for overworld mobs is rare at best. To maximize efficiency, try another type of floor and build it under level 40.
 Slime wont let me hit him
Im on the Minecraft Xbox edition and the slime wont let me hit him ? do you know why?
EDIT: Slimes tend to move through walls, floors and ceilings (glitch?). If they are bouncing in and out of existing blocks, they will be difficult to hit. Try working on the timing and hit them at a point when they are completely visible during their bounce.The preceeding unsigned comment was made by unknown.
- Well would you want to be hit by a square figure? ~ LABHOUSE (LH) 20:20, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
 do you need a downloadable content to get slimes on xbox 360 edition
i tryed playing after i got the update and i couldn't find a single slime do i need the download able content for more enemys please help me?
- None of the DL content says that it adds slimes. They do seem to be in the game as the Sticky Piston was added, they must just be difficult to find. 18.104.22.168 22:41, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
Edit: Just like enchanting items, some mobs stand a better chance of spawning than others. Slimes will not spawn if too many other mobs are around. Slimes can spawn in daylight levels, therefore, light up everything (up to 160 blocks to maximize their spawn rate. Also, slimes will only spawn in certain chunks (16x16 sections) from bedrock to level 16. (Not to lvl 40 like the pc version.)
Edit: slimes spawned before the update because i was on a seed called 404 that has a huge cave and i saw a slime and it dropped 2 slimeballs and i said "What do i do with these?" 22.214.171.124 19:57, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
Edit: You were probably above level 16 like I was. I mined out 5 chunks that were supposed to be where slimes spawned on level 19 where I was doing almost all of my mining and didn't see a single slime. It was very frustrating. I then found the above reference to xbox users needing to be below level 16 instead of level 40 like the pc. I dropped down to level 10 and sure enough I had 5 medium slimes spawn before I finished mining my 2nd chunk. I edited the slime page to reflect that xbox uses need to be below level 16 and hopefully it will save some people a lot of frustration. Ubemeibeu 14:10, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
 No Splitting?
I found a slime while playing the beta 1.6.6 version of the game and I killed it with the sword. It never dropped a slime ball nor did it split into smaller slimes. What gives? 126.96.36.199 02:57, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
Edit: sometimes killing them with swords will instakill them instead of splitting them. Try burning them or drowning them. Those seem to work the best
Edit: Slimes have a certain amount of life, depending on its size, like every other monster. However, overkilling them will cause them not to split. So when they drown, burn, or are hit by a block/hand you it deals 1 health, or half a heart, ensuring no overkill. Swords and possibly bows deal a significant amount of damage, possibly overkilling them.
Edit: I think some version of this should be mentioned in the article. Particularly if someone knows the formula used in the code to determine the number of splits / ball drops at kill time. i.e. is that 2-4 a deterministic value based on the number of hit points dealt above the creature's remaining health? Or is it randomly selected providing a certain threshold of hit points in damage are not exceeded? There are many rumours and myths floating around the internet about which weapons are best to use to maximise slime ball output. AJ Pimp Suit 18:33, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
- The 'not splitting on overkill' bug was fixed back in Beta 1.9, as mentioned in the History section. -- Orthotope 19:07, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
 i dont think slimes walking through glass is a bug
i have a feeling its a refrence to other gelatinous creatures in other games that can walk straight through walls 188.8.131.52 12:26, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- do you have any proof this was the intention of Mojang? If not don't add it Lordkane1st 03:28, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
 Slime Spawn
Where can i find slime at?
- In swamps at night.
- Rarely underground.
- Sign your posts.
 Spawn issues with slime
Woot, another complaint about slime spawns. Playing the PC version, made three floors of 16x3x32 at depth 37, 33, and 29. Checked with slime finder for these two chunks, completely lit (with torches so might effect spawn rate a little) but there are no slimes at all.
184.108.40.206 00:52, 6 September 2012 (UTC) EDIT: yes torches will affect spawning, the torch takes us a space, best to use jack o laterns in the roof or floor,it provides light and doesnt take up a spawning block. also unless you have the caves lite up by you not many slimes will spawn, slimes only have a 1/10 chance of spawning , you need to take the other mobs out of the picture
- Does torches really affect spawning? http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Slime#Spawning "Slimes require two vertical non-opaque blocks (e.g., air, signs, torches) to spawn in, with an opaque block underneath." ?! Which is correct? --220.127.116.11 12:30, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- the spawning algorithm ALWAYS starts with an air block and nothing else. so it is possible that the algorithm selects an air block next to a torch and then places a mob into the block occopied by the torch. however this is unlikely because theres a 95% chance (I forgot the exact numbers, it might have even been 98% or 99%) for the spawning algorithm to pick the air block it started with.
- tl/dr: yes it significantly reduces the odds of a slime spawning by having the block be anything but air. 18.104.22.168 21:54, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
 Slimes in swamps
Since 1.4, slimes can spawn in swamps too, negating the need to find specific chunks. For some reason, the information hasn't been updated.Arahman22 11:28, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
 Slime Spawning
I'm not sure about the slimes spawning at level 40. I built a few platforms in creative and have not found any slimes spawning at 40, though they spawn at 39 (at feet level y = 39.00). So curious do they actually spawn at feet level 40, confirm please –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 17:10, 29 October 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The test in the code is "y < 40", so they spawn below level 40, but not at it. Similarly, in swamps, the test is "50 < y < 70"., so they'll spawn at layer 51 to 69 inclusive. Updated page. -- Orthotope 19:30, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
 Spawning on All Chunks
I appear to be getting slimes spawning occasionally at surface / near surfaces level in non swamp biomes. It's not as frequent as the swamp spawning, but I've been seeing them in unusual places occasionally. This may be related to the age of my world, ie. some chunks I play on were rendered before any biome updates. Is anyone seeing anything similar? Troagador 23:49, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I just found myself in a cave around Y 60 in a jungle, with slime dropping from the roof and hearing slime sounds. I moved up to where the slimes should be based on the drips, but there weren't any (for a moment I thought it was the texture pack causing water drips to look like slime, since there was some water up there). I removed the dirt right above me, since I still heard the noises, and found a small or tiny slime jumping around the hole. As far as I know, there is no swamp nearby, but I can't be sure since this is a new world I created today and so I haven't explored much. No mod could have caused it either; the only mod I have installed except ModLoader has nothing to do with slimes. --Krijac98, too lazy to log in, 126.96.36.199 18:39, 26 December 2012 (UTC)
Update: Turns out it actually was the water that caused the "slime" drips (I'm using Jolicraft right now, which made the water droplets greenish). I did find it odd that there would be that many drips, entirely without a slime hopping around directly above. But that doesn't have anything to do with the fact there was a small slime hopping around on the surface in the jungle. I checked, too - there is no swampland visible from the location of the slime. --Krijac98, still lazy, 188.8.131.52 19:50, 26 December 2012 (UTC)
I also had the slime problem. My house is in a plains biome, at a little higher than level 77. There is a swamp biome near my house, but, like Krijac98, the swamp isn't visible from my house or the slime's position. It couldn't have come from my mineshaft either, because I have a wooden door blocking the entrance.I don't have any mods besides my own screwing around in Java, and that hasn't been affecting my Minecraft. 184.108.40.206 16:28, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
 Slime = Creeper
I had a pet slime in my Survival world. When I closed the game and came back, in the pen I found a dropped slimeball and a creeper. Could anyone confirm that tiny slimes turn into creepers? CS 20:04, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
- I doubt it... slimes are stupid enough to easily kill themselves, and you probably had some spawning in the pen. --Mental Mouse 21:09, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
 Slime Skin (Xbox 360 Edition)
I have the Xbox 360 edition of MC, and they just added the Slime Skin today, can that be added to the gallery? --LCF 00:00, 10 May 2013 (UTC)
As of 13w10a, slimes spawn depending on the moon. Is it more during a full moon, less during a full moon, or a lie? (I also posted this on Talk:Moon.) hotdogPi-t--c--Try my quiz! Do not click! 15:59, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
- Again, slimes spawn more during a full moon. --220.127.116.11 00:28, 17 May 2013 (UTC)