I remember Notch talking about being able to craft saddles, but i don't remember where. If so, they will most likely use Leather. Rocĸetor talk 05:31, 31 March 2011 (UTC) --Ash0011 21:08, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- I highly doubt that, that is like making mossy cobblestone an infinite resource. 220.127.116.11 17:34, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- Actually you CAN craft a Saddle. In the crafting grid (the 3x3 one) craft a Leather Cap (don't take it out of the box then put in the middle a String. But Ash makes a good point, that would be stupid.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Pikachuplaysminecraft (Talk|Contribs) 04:02, 18 August 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I think you are using a mod. Hower64 04:14, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
I feel that "If you manage to get a saddled pig into a minecart and ride it, you will create a fast moving, self-propelling minecart" has not received the emphasis it deserves. A sentence like that needs to be at least in bold type. ;) Steviesteveo 07:13, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
I am 100% certain that saddles were craft-able before abandoned mines were put in the game (one of the beta releases?). Before their presence, saddles would have been not be obtainable unless you COULD craft them (they were also not present in dungeon chests and I think that they are still not).
- Unrelated, and saddles DO appear in dungeon chests, and CANNOT be crafted. hotdogPi-t--c--Try my quiz! Do not click! 01:43, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
Date added[edit source]
Most other pages have the update in which they were added. Should I add that they were put in during the Seecret Friday 2 update?
Thanks. Woodcock 11:47, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'd rather keep away from referring to updates as seecret updates, and rather use their version number, with an anchored link to version history. –ultradude25 (T|C) at 12:24, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
well i was on an island with one pig then i saddled it and left the game but when i came back there wee two saddled pigs!
Due to the definition of renewable I think calling saddles renewable is a mistake. You can find a new one but there is no way of planting or crafting saddles. So I have set it to NO. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 17:38, 31 October 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- It can be obtained (with patience) in arbitrarily large quantities by trading with NPC villagers, which makes it renewable. That the process of obtaining them does not involve growing or crafting anything is not important. -- Orthotope 06:54, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
Ability to craft[edit source]
dude! Saddles should most certainly be craftable! noone wants to go searching for a freaking dungeon that has a chance of having a saddle or trade with villagers far below our level of creation just so they can ride a horse. i made a saddle in real life yesterday, i should be able to do so in this game. Bobbygarret 21:18, 15 May 2013 (UTC)Bobbygarret 21:38, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
- They REMOVED the 13w16a crafting recipe in 13w18a for a reason. hotdogPi-t--c--Try my quiz! Do not click! 01:43, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
- And what reason is that?Bobbygarret 06:38, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
horse saddles[edit source]
Stupid Pigs with saddles[edit source]
So I was riding pigs (In 1.5.2, I didn't get 1.6 yet, so I didn't have horses), and for some reason i can't dismount. I CAN'T DISMOUNT. I tried everything, right-click, left shift, everything. Can someone give me a pig hand pointer?
It changed. you used to have to right-click anywhere, then it was right-clicking on the pig and now it's left shift. Did you try right-clicking literally on the pig? 22.214.171.124 14:38, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
CANT FIND SADDLE[edit source]
I CANT FIND A STUPID SADDLE IN MINECRAFT XBOX 360 EDITION AND IM STARTING TO GET MAD
Section "Pig Carting" issues[edit source]
"Pig Carting" claims that riding a pig in a minecart is as efficient as powered rails without spending gold.
I question this: if you can only travel at pig speed, and powered rails let you travel twice that speed, and you can use p.r. to travel with no attention while pig carts require steering and attention (plus hill jumps), how can they be considered equal?
Should the horse saddle be mentioned here?[edit source]
I personally believe we should mention the horse saddle as part of this article, as most people who remember the feature would expect to find mention of it here, rather on a slightly obscure article about features that lack a better article, and had it remained a feature the two articles would likely have merged anyways. Overall it should at least get a "See also" link. –KnightMiner (t·c) 00:43, 5 January 2015 (UTC)
- There is no separate "horse saddle." All saddles are equal and can be used on horses, donkeys, and pigs. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by AwesomeMan31415926 (talk • contribs) at 11:47, 31 May 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Usage - is taming required ?[edit source]
Judging from a video, and my failed attempts to use a saddle, it appears that the horse must be 'tamed' before it will take a saddle. If so, that really should be added to the "Usage" section. Dnsbob (talk) 02:23, 21 June 2015 (UTC)