I dont remember them ever dropping apples, can someone confirm this? Toadbert
Rána is the name given by the Noldor to the moon in "The Lord of the Ring". That might be why players nicknamed the moon after this caracter. Galahad
Probably, but I assure you a bunch of forumers didn't go and say "Let's name the moon something from lord of the rings!" for no reason at all. It probably had something to do with Rana the charatacter from Dock and SLIGHTLY influenced by that. It just doesn't make ANY sense. Pseudorealism 01:06, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
On a side note, why is there no page on Dock anywhere on the wiki? It would be nice to have some reference to who he was and what he actually contributed to the game while he was onboard. Maybe also include why he left. XANA520 07:49, 16 December 2010 (CST)
 Suwako much?
Not saying Rana is a reference to Suwako but am I really the only one to notice the similarities? C4K3 16:42, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
- She's not related to her in any way.--Quatroking - MCWiki Administrator 17:05, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
- Nope, Jenny Sanderson from Chibi Robo. Definite look-a-like, more than likely based off of her. 21:59, 31 October 2013
I dont remember them ever dropping apples or anything at all. can someone confirm?Toadbert
- I think this may be a case of people confusing mod content with game content. I remember installing a mod during Alpha that added Rana back into the game and when she died she dropped apples (which were otherwise extremely rare at the time). However, I've not played any versions before Alpha, so I can't say definitively that this wasn't done in whatever version she legitimately appeared in. --126.96.36.199 01:36, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
 Player model?
"Rana used to be the player model in Minecraft indev 0.31" That sounds very unlikely. Should we remove it?
"Rana is Greek (Or Latin if I am mistaking) for "Frog". The reason why her name is Rana is becuase she has a frog hat."
 Rana has animations!!!
- They're all in the same pose. That's not animation. MarioLuigi2010 02:54, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- No, the left one has her leg more up than teh one on the middle! 188.8.131.52 20:22, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
 When were these removed?
I got on minecraft in 10-16-11 so I have no idea what any of these characters/entities are... can someone post a video on here about them?
 Which version was she in?
Not Indev it seems, but rather 0.31 which is before indev (though in your list of Minecraft versions you show 0.31 as after indev, but she was in the first version of Minecraft, so that means Indev actually comes after 0.31). But not every version of 0.31 had her. One of them had Steve, Black Steve, and Beastboy instead. Furthermore, I think one of them had all 4 of these early charaters. There are multiple revions of 0.31 but I don't know which she's in. And to further complicate matters, the game itself doesn't indicate which revision it is, just that it's version 0.31 (I know, cause I downloaded a copy of ver0.31's minecraft.jar file and ran it just to see what was actually in the game in that ancient version). Can someone shed some light on this?
- She was included in the first version of 0.31.--Moddie1000 00:21, 28 December 2012 (UTC)