|This page is only for discussing the Pocket Edition page.
Below are some common links to help you before you post.
- 1 Double chests?
- 2 ZOMBIE SWINGING ARM ANIMATIONS IN PE
- 3 Data values
- 4 Duplicating my map need help!!!
- 5 Update 0.7.0
- 6 Breeding
- 7 Fire
- 8 Breading
- 9 Missing Blocks
- 10 Redstone Ore
- 11 0.8.0 Update
- 12 Unavailability for the demo version
- 13 Suggestion for getting torches without mining for coal when you are first getting started.
- 14 MCPE 0.9.0 Release Date Specification
- 15 MCPE Update 0.9.0, why does the wiki not support it?
- 16 Pocket Edition 0.9.0 is seems to be a major update!
- 17 Creative Tools
- 18 Windows Phone
- 19 Diversity
- 20 Skins
- 21 Windows Phone Updated to 0.11.2.0
- 22 World Selection Screen from 0.9.0
- 23 Windows 10 Version.
- 24 Heads up, avoid MCPE 2 right now. It's fake.
- 25 Content lists
- 26 About rating
- 27 Remove the 'Content' section
- 28 Trading
- 29 Lua error
- 30 What to do with the mess that is Windows 10 Edition
Double chests?[edit source]
When I Placed a chest on a block then I placed another beside it, It didn't work. Help fix this bug? Minecraftaddict154 09:35, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
This isn't a bug, Mojang and 4JStudios (Mojang Dev partners), have not yet added this into the game.
2553399 Woo 00:44, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
WHO PUT ABOUT A FAKE FINAL HAND BOSS?? Please fix this before everyone reads it.--DiamondHand 22:25, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
ZOMBIE SWINGING ARM ANIMATIONS IN PE[edit source]
I have noticed that in recent versions of the pocket edition zombies have swinging arm animations when attacking. Anyone else notice? Anyone know when this was added? MrAwesome888 21:41, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
In 6.1 I think--22.214.171.124 05:49, 28 June 2013 (UTC)
Data values[edit source]
On the data values page for pocket edition, it shows several blocks that aren't green, and therefore should be available in Pocket Lite. In my inventory, there is only 28 available items. Am I missing something? -- Numbermaniac - T - C 06:23, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
Crafting items Rcmaehl 01:18, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
Duplicating my map need help!!![edit source]
Hey guys' I have this really cool completely covered map on my mates iphone that ive borrowed for a year and now he wants it back :/. I was just wondering if anyone knew how i can copy that map on to my ipod because i dont want to loose it!--126.96.36.199 11:58, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
Well, the two best options are, to my current knowledge, host a game on his iPhone and there is a Copy World option in the Game Menu when you press pause. Or use the same seed and replicate it. The problem is you'd either have to redo all or most of it with the "Copy and Paste" option.
2553399 Woo 04:27, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
You can also use iExplorer to go into MCPE's data, then copy the world into your device.--188.8.131.52 23:31, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
Update 0.7.0[edit source]
I updated my minecraft PE today and went to smelt some iron on a new farm house. I couldn't go into the bottom box where you put the wood or coal. I couldn't smelt anything. It's a big part and needs to be fixed. I hope it gets fixed
--184.108.40.206 03:48, 1 July 2013 (UTC)You can't breed animals or have them follow you. I've read on many many many websites that you should add that to the game please do.
Fire is sort of the problem because I think there might be a decoding error and so I think that the creators will make a better solution to solve the problem. On the other hand there is a way to fix the problem that way is you should restart your device you could get it to work.
My suggestion on breading is that we should wait until the beta version comes out because there is a lot more to the game then just breading. Like redstone I wish it could have come out this update but because of the technical problems it could not happen. That brings me to another thing which is that it could have a lot of bugs and it might crash the game. So would you want that to happen or would you want to wait until the creator get things situated.
Missing Blocks[edit source]
There should be a list of blocks/items currently not in PE, and a list of blocks/items currently in PE - don't know if it should be in the trivia, or instead of the blocks/items section, or what.
I think it should be in the trivia section, like:
- Redstone dust, along with all redstone machinery, are not in PE. (However, doors are.) Neither are Ender Pearls, Eyes of Ender, End Portal Frames, or End Portals. Neither are these blocks: blah, blah, blah and blah-blah.
- Blue roses, invisible bedrock, and blah blah blah are currently only in PE. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:45, 22 July 2013(UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Interestingly, I have recently posted in the Community Portal about a possible solution for this, which involves all Edition-specific info, not just for the Pocket Edition. Your feedback on my suggestion would be helpful. — Augur✐ 10:45, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
Redstone Ore[edit source]
Just out of curiosity, why would they put redstone ore in the game if you dont get anything from it?
0.8.0 Update[edit source]
Someone please update the PE Wiki page so I can read stuff about 0.8.0, thanks.
Since the demo version of MCPE has now removed from the App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore, should we still keep the information about it or remove it?
- I can't find any announcement about when or why the demo was removed from app stores (aside from presumably being too outdated), but I don't see a reason to keep links to something that is no longer available. -- Orthotopetalk 20:59, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
Suggestion for getting torches without mining for coal when you are first getting started.[edit source]
First harvest a tree. Then craft wooden planks to make a crafting table. Then make one pick axe and dig stairs to get some stone. Before the pick axe breaks, go and craft the stone into a furnace. Then, harvest another tree. Do not turn this into wooden planks. You should put the pick axe in the bottom of the furnace and put the logs in the top. The result is one piece of coal. Then put the coal in the bottom and put the logs in the top. The result is more coal, which you can use to make your first torches. 18.104.22.168 20:53, 25 March 2014 (UTC)Thomas
MCPE 0.9.0 Release Date Specification[edit source]
Mojang when will MCPE update to 0.9.0 all of us know that it is May but when in May? So all of the devices that are compatible for MCPE knows the specific date of the update.
MCPE Update 0.9.0, why does the wiki not support it?[edit source]
I couldn't help but notice that Pocket Edition does not have 0.9.0 stuff on the wiki. There is NO way that this update has been known for 5 days and not a SINGLE thing. I suggest adding stuff. I'll help, however I don't know a lot about wiki code so yea, I can only improve things and stuff. 22.214.171.124 18:59, 14 June 2014 (UTC) Evilstuff
- It is not officially out yet, just development versions have been released. See Pocket Edition version history/Development versions for information. --KnightMiner (t|c) 20:10, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
Pocket Edition 0.9.0 is seems to be a major update![edit source]
What is the discription (section) to Pocket edition 0.9.0 on my iPad: "0.9.0 - biggest update EVER!" 126.96.36.199 02:33, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
Could anyone confirm if Enchanted Armour is not going to be available on Pocket edition? Thanks We are a bit confused as a friends has the seemingly same edition but can obtain enchated armour. Thanks 188.8.131.52 10:44, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
Creative Tools[edit source]
I don't get it you cannot get tools etc. etc. in creative mode. Can you get tools in creative mode?!?!?!?! - –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 21:50, 25 August 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- You can get the hoe and shears, and prObably some others, but I don't see why they shouldn't add the rest. BTW, post you suggestions on the Minecraft Forums please. - MinecraftPhotos4U (talk) 06:59, 26 August 2014 (UTC)
Windows Phone[edit source]
- Bad idea, because it's almost the same edition as iOS and Android. Of course the console edition pages are exempt from this, but we're not talking about that. --ToonLucas22 (talk) 13:51, 23 December 2014 (UTC)
Can we move the "Diversity" section to Pocket Edition exclusive features? It is not helpful to the general description of the game, and we don't describe everything about any edition on its article anywhere else. –KnightMiner t/c 17:05, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
In the "Trivia" section, it says that to make your own skin, you have to replace the "steve.png" or the "alex.png" file on the app file. Well, HOW DO YOU DO THAT?! --MCPEplayer2 12:26, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
- Mods. I assume it involves an external program to modify the game's files. Really that piece of trivia never belonged as all it was saying is "If you mod the game, this can happen". The piece of trivia also was removed just before you made the comment. –KnightMiner t/c 15:02, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
Windows Phone Updated to 0.11.2.0[edit source]
Minecraft Pocket Edition for Windows Phone got updated today, June 5, 2015, from 0.10.4.0 to 0.11.2.0
Check Windows Phone store link for the changelog. Minecraft: Pocket Edition - From vlmirano –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Vlmirano (talk • contribs) at 13:44, 05 June 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
World Selection Screen from 0.9.0[edit source]
If anyone happens to have a screenshot of the world selection screen from 0.9.0 Alpha (which includes worlds' sizes, but not the new icons), please post it on the page, to show comparison. GameFreak667 (talk) 15:16, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
Windows 10 Version.[edit source]
- BDJP please don't provide sarcastic, offensive comments to someone who has a idea. People don't have time to look at every single article and know what is going everywhere, so just saying "you can put your feedback in this discussion" would bea mush nicer and friendlier alternative. Wolffillms (talk) 12:45, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
- I would not concider that comment too offensive, he was just phrasing it differently. In any case, while you are not expected to watch every page, the community portal is a place you should watch as it contains any wiki wide discussion, it is designed as the article so you don't have to look at every page. –KnightMiner t/c 14:37, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
- I am aware you should watch the community portal but manny users may still not know about it and shouldn't be blamed for talking about changes on a relative article. Also the comment wasn't "worded differently" it was meant to cause offense.(I have noticed a history of this in BDJP comments on talk pages and edits.) Wolffillms (talk) 19:51, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
Heads up, avoid MCPE 2 right now. It's fake.[edit source]
A game released by a person with a name similar to that of the creator of Five Nights at Freddy's has created a fake game called Minecraft: Pocket Edition 2. However, this game is not like Minecraft at all, and it usually crashes your mobile device. The game is about a character from the Mortal Kombat series defending himself against zombies. --Koopa troopa976 (talk) 22:59, 18 January 2016 (UTC)Koopa troopa976
- I don't see how this is related to the article. Many fake Minecraft games go around, but as there was no Mojang source that a sequel would be made, we here at the wiki would never document such a thing. If you want to talk to users about the game and warn them not to download it, try the forums –KnightMiner t/c 00:12, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
Content lists[edit source]
Agree - Not everyone who visits the page is interested in viewing all blocks, items and mobs included in the game with their differences. A collapsed list should prevent unnecessary scrolling time.
- I personally think it does not even belong on this article, as this article should just describe what the pocket edition is and what it is on. I would instead move the differences list to a new article. –KnightMiner t/c 21:20, 3 March 2016 (UTC)
About rating[edit source]
Remove the 'Content' section[edit source]
MCPE is no longer the lightweight version it once was. The 'Content' section is only going to grow more massive, and more redundant as the editions grow towards parity.
Can we take all the notes in those tables (they're all differences from PC anyway) and move them all to Pocket Edition exclusive features (that's where differences from PC are noted these days), and finally, remove the 'Content' section itself? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 19:38, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
How do you trade with Villagers in PE? I have no idea how to do it, and I've been dying to find out! Can anyone help me? (I'm new; I don't know if you can comment or not ><)
Lua error[edit source]
So I was browsing through the wiki, and I clicked on the link for 0.4.0. I was then greeted with this:
It seemed to affect only templates, nothing else and it only appears to affect the 0.4 MCPE page. I have reentered and reloaded the page multiple times. --SamGamgee55 (talk) 21:54, 22 December 2016 (UTC)SamGamgee55
- SamGamgee55 : Majr explained this over on his talk page, as BDJP007301 and I (I suspect many others were, also) experiencing this around 00:40, December 22, 2016 (UTC). See User talk:Majr#Lua errors for his statement. Thanks, Maethoredhel (t • c • ) 22:09, 22 December 2016 (UTC)
What to do with the mess that is Windows 10 Edition[edit source]
So... we now seemingly have two Pocket Editions on Windows 10. The "Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition" version which is only supported on Windows 10 on PC (despite being called universal), and the generically named "Minecraft: Pocket Edition" version which is only supported on Windows 10 on mobiles. This version does however appear to be the exact same code as the Windows 10 Edition (except with the title screen logo changed), as there are still references to Windows 10 Edition left behind. How are we going to list this nonsense in the infobox and main page, and should we include it on Windows 10 Edition when it's not actually being called that (despite the fact that it literally is)? –Majr ᐸ Talk
Contribs 01:58, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
- I'm somewhat at a loss about what the problem is exactly, probably because I'm an anachronism who doesn't have a smart phone so I've never seen anything but the Windows 10 Edition on a PC. For what it's worth, though, I don't think the title page logo difference is a difference at all: In my copy of the program, the Vanilla resource pack includes overlay images for all the titles, including PE (title.png), Windows 10 Edition (titleOriginal.png), Gear VR Edition (titleVR.png), and Education Edition (titleEdu.png). So it seems pretty clear the Universal package is identical on all these devices, and it just overlays the title background with the logo for the device it senses it's running on. Does this address the question, or are you talking about some other distinction? – Auldrick (talk · contribs) 02:59, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
- It should be noted that Pocket Edition on Windows 10 Mobile IS very slightly different from the Windows 10 Edition. One difference is that the Win 10 Mobile Pocket Edition doesn't have music until you download an optional free DLC in the in-game DLC store. On Windows 10 Edition, the music is pre-installed. (This is because music takes up a lot of file space, so it isn't included by default in Pocket.)
- Also, to clarify in case anyone is confused, both Windows 10 Edition and Pocket Edition for Windows 10 Mobile are both UWP apps, but the former is only "targeted" towards Windows 10 PCs/laptops/tablets, while the latter is targeted towards phones/phablets. Windows 10 Edition is for the version of Windows 10 that supports Win32 apps (basically apps which run on Windows 7) and is usually found on any device with a screen 7" or larger... this Win10 variant is simply called Windows 10. The Windows 10 Pocket Edition is for Windows 10 Mobile, which is a version of Windows 10 that doesn't support Win32 apps and functions somewhat differently from standard Windows 10, though it still shares a lot of core code with non-Mobile Windows 10.
- I think the way this should be handled is that the Pocket Edition page simply be updated to reflect that it supports Windows 10 Mobile since a couple days ago. Of course, a logo for Windows 10 Mobile might be needed to help distinguish it from Windows 10, but the problem is that they both use the same logo. So on the wiki homepage, you'd end up with 2 blue Windows logos representing 2 technically different, albeit related, operating systems.
- Another note: keep in mind that it should never be stated that Windows 10 Edition only runs on the standard version of Windows 10, because a new version of Windows 10 called Windows 10 Cloud is coming soon, and, if it stays close to what a leaked build of it shows, it will essentially be standard Windows 10 with Win32 support disabled/hidden... meaning it would run Windows 10 Edition, and not Pocket Edition for Windows 10 Mobile.
- Also keep in mind that the "standard" Windows 10 runs on more than just PCs/laptops. It also runs on most Windows tablets, with the exception of phablet-sized ones. I actually own a Windows 10 tablet that runs full Windows 10. (Meaning it has all the same functionality as my Windows 10 laptop, and vice-versa.)
- For future reference, the Xbox One & Hololens also run their own Windows 10 variants ("Windows 10 on Xbox One" and "Windows Holographic" respectively.) I have no idea if Windows 10 Edition will ever be targeted towards the Xbox One, but I think it may eventually it will be targeted towards the Hololens. (I very very highly doubt a "Hololens" Edition is ever happening. :P)
- If the music was made an optional download on Windows 10 Edition, then there would be pretty much no reason why it couldn't be made to run on Windows 10 Mobile. I have NO idea why Mojang is letting there be a separate edition for Windows 10 Mobile. Maybe it's because they think people wouldn't pay $27 for a """mobile""" game and so for the sake of perception the Windows 10 Mobile Pocket Edition exists.
- SuperGeniusZeb (talk) 01:18, 24 February 2017 (UTC)