- 1 Merge with Ocelot
- 2 But what does it do?
- 3 Cats try to dig under fences
- 4 My ocelots are freezing.
- 5 How do you change a baby ocelot into a kitten?????
- 6 Not able to tame?
- 7 HELP!
- 8 Ocelots turning green with no heads
- 9 Ocelots seem to only spawn with "spawn monsters" on
- 10 Minecart glitch doesn't happen anymore.
- 11 Cats not killing chickens?
- 12 History Table?
- 13 Are Ocelots/cats in the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft?
- 14 Baby ocelots occur naturally
- 15 unused sound + difficulty restriction
- 16 Breeding sitting cats
- 17 Cannot Tame
- 18 My Cats Hate Me!
- 19 Stupid cat
- 20 Ocelots not in peaceful
- 21 Strange or what?
- 22 Bow chicka hey now.
- 23 Tip Removal?
- 24 Creepers & Cats
- 25 Not Teleporting
- 26 Incorrect information
- 27 (BUG) Tamed cats with ocelot skin
- 28 Too much ocelots
- 29 Healing
- 30 Split Cat away
Merge with Ocelot
|The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed merging of the article below. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result was merge. - Asterick6 21:52, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
I think this should be merged with the Ocelot as of the Cat and the Ocelot is the same thing. It it like the wolf that have 3 different modes: hostile / passive / friendly. - CheatCat 20:57, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
Since it seems that the merge in question has been agreed to, and has been completed, is there a reason for the merge message to still be on the page?Mattman00000 16:15, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
But what does it do?
Do cats attack mobs like Wolves do, or are they just vanity pets? Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case because cats in real life are kind of like that. Cobalt32 00:43, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
- Well, as of the new snapshot, 12w05a/b, they can ward off creepers. GhengopelALPHA –The preceding undated comment was added on 21:18, 2 February 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- They don't attack anything, except apparently Chickens. It doesn't happen to me... but they say it does. They don't attack creepers either, to the best of my knowledge. Creepers just get scared by them. Numbermaniac 06:17, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
Cats try to dig under fences
In my 12w08a world, I've noticed that next to a chicken coop, my cat tries to 'dig' under the fence (dirt particles appear). Has anyone else noticed this?
--Pi399 04:40, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
Are you sure he wasn't sprinting? 22.214.171.124 07:19, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
Well, I'm not certain, but the cat was at a 90-degree angle to the coop, and did this multiple times. I do not think the cat was sprinting.
--Pi399 18:20, 25 March 2012 (UTC)
The cat was probably trying to sprint to the chicken behind the fence, but failed to acknowledge that the fence was in its way and keeping it from reaching the chicken. Cobalt32 18:47, 25 March 2012 (UTC)
- Cobalt32 is right. The cat isn't digging; it's sprinting towards the chicken, even though there's a fence in between. Numbermaniac 07:54, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
My ocelots are freezing.
So I'm in the jungle biome, and I see an ocelot, which is pretty big news to me because I never see ocelots. I go up to the ocelot, right-click on it with a raw fish, and nothing happens. I try attacking it, and I can't touch it (it doesn't turn red, it doesn't run) and I just start digging at the block past the ocelot. Why is this happening? Is it a new bug?
How do you change a baby ocelot into a kitten?????
my little brother was playing the game and he was taming kittens. well i tried to but it wont work they just won't change. though whenever my little brother tries it always works. HELP!--126.96.36.199 01:57, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
- If you were taming the baby ocelot in an enclosed space of less than 7x7, it won't work. It has to be able to roam in an area larger than 7x7. Numbermaniac 07:46, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
A faster way to do this is get some full-grown cats and breed them. It is easier to turn a full-grown ocelot into a cat than a baby. Meeples10 00:08, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
Not able to tame?
I don't know why, but I can't tame ocelots in creative mode. And that's that.
- You can't bury them in a ditch of any sort. They must be in an area of at least 7x7, otherwise they cannot be tamed. Numbermaniac 07:47, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
My bug sort of goes along with this; when I try to tame an ocelot by feeding it fish, it goes into love mode. I've gone through 9 fish with one ocelot. This is with 188.8.131.52.33.201.33 17:47, 24 February 2013 (UTC)Aaron
- You may need several fish. Feeding it 9 and not having it tamed is just unlucky. If you find another one, try it again. It will show love hearts, until it turns into a cat. Numbermaniac 06:47, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
I kinda hve this problem....I hve Minecraft 1.4.7,and,ocelots dunt seem 2 exist anymore.Only when I spawn them,and,they wunt turn into cats!:c X3MinecraftWolfLuverx3 06:41, 1 March 2013 (EST)Jennica
- They won't spawn in superflat, and they only spawn in jungles. I don't get why you can't tame them. Make sure they have at least a 7x7 space to roam, and make sure they are coming towards you first. Numbermaniac 01:54, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- I corrected the spelling mistakes there. Don't feel bad, I have a problem with spelling. My solution? Keep a dictionary on hand. Robstar14... anything but! 17:28, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
Also, MinecraftWolfLover, ocelots don't spawn in peaceful mode. Just a note. --184.108.40.206 16:18, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- @Robstar14 I know how to spell (see???) <--- anyway,I'll use my best spelling since you really want me to <----. @Numbermaniac So,now I have Minecraft 1.5.2,and ocelots don't seem to spawn in jungle biomes anymore? It must be a new update that ocelots don't spawn in jungle biomes anymore....and can't be tamed!!! Does it really have to be an ocelot from a jungle biome? Because I can't find one ANYWHERE in ANY jungle biome.I tried spawning an ocelot from a 'Spawn Ocelot' egg in creative into an exactly 7x7 fenced in area (I fenced in the area so the ocelot wouldn't run away from the area)and,yes,I tried to tame it with fish in the area.It had hearts above it's head and it was like standing right infront of me,not trying to run away or anything.But still,no matter how many times I tried,it still won't tame! No,I didn't try to tame an ocelot in superflat.I killed many wild ocelots and tried spawning many other wild ocelots,and they STILL wouldn't tame!! Does it work if you have dogs? Because if it doesn't...then that's might've what I did wrong there....because I own 4 dogs on the Minecraft singleplayer server that I tried to tame the wild ocelots on.I still don't get it! In many Minecraft videos I clearly see players taming wild ocelots.But,those were from jungles....did Notch remove ocelots and cats? Just not the 'Spawn Ocelot' egg in creative....yeah,I've tried many times on different Minecraft singleplayer servers to tame a wild ocelot from a 'Spawn Ocelot' egg,but it still wouldn't work.I also tried searching through many jungle biomes in many different Minecraft singleplayer servers,still wouldn't work.So...what do I do now?>.< X3MinecraftWolfLuverx3 15:23, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- @Numbermaniac Nvm,I spawned a couple of ocelots in a jungle biome on Minecraft and they had a kitten. I deleted tht server btw,and I tamed 2 more ocelots on the other,1 wuz a Siamese and 1 wuz an Orange Tabby (and the kitten they produced wuz a Siamese,and tht wuz the server I had the 4 dogs on) so nvm,I might've been doing it wrong be4,idk rlly. But now,all I care is tht my ocelots r tamed and a new kitten wuz added to my life on tht Minecraft server :3 X3MinecraftWolfLuverx3 02:13, 28 June 2013 (UTC)X3MinecraftWolfLuverx3 (It's actually: 10:13 PM, 27 June 2013 [EST]where I live :P)
My cat wont sit,move,or tp to me. what should i do? Go4cyclones 16:17, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- I'm a different user with the same problem, converted ocelot to a cat, it just sits there. I can push it, but otherwise it just sits there. Far too similar to my real cat. 220.127.116.11 03:51, 24 March 2013 (UTC)Chris P
- If you want advice on that, you'll need to give more detail.
- Perhaps it's trying to imitate your real cat. Just joking, but I'm not definitely sure. However, if you play the game with one username, tame the cat there, then use a different username, the cat will ignore you. The cat belongs to a different username, and therefore wouldn't respond to you. -- (T) Numbermaniac (C) 04:48, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
- If you want advice on that, you'll need to give more detail.
Ocelots turning green with no heads
An ocelot can turn into a cat as you know but when mine did they we green and had NO HEADS!!! IT IS CRAZY AND TRUE by avalon678
- Sounds like you have a broken texture pack. -- Orthotope 22:19, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
wtf! must be ill18.104.22.168 22:03, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
Ocelots seem to only spawn with "spawn monsters" on
On my server, both vanilla and craftbukkit, ocelots only spawn when I turn on "spawn monsters". This includes 1.4.5 Bmenrigh 02:59, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- Ocelots are added to the hostile monster spawn list, rather than the passive animal one. This appears to be the intended behavior, though you'd have to ask Mojang why they decided to do it that way. -- Orthotope 03:04, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
Minecart glitch doesn't happen anymore.
The article states that when you put a cat into a minecart, it causes this massive image glitch. I tested this in 13w06a, and it doesn't happen there. I added a comment due to this, asking if anyone could test to see if this still happens in 1.4.7. Would someone please be able to do that? Thanks. Numbermaniac 07:53, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
Cats not killing chickens?
My pet orange cat doesn't seem to kill chickens that go nearby. Does anyone know why? I'm using 13w07a. Numbermaniac 01:54, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
What happened to the history table on this page? why is it just all plain text? Numbermaniac 06:15, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- The History template was not made when most articles started years ago. Because of this, there's still a few article history sections that don't use the template, notably articles that predate the template or new articles that really never got it. Over time, a few users have cleaned up article history sections.
—Kanegasi ☺C06:23, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- Oh ok. I did not know that. Thanks. Numbermaniac 07:52, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
Are Ocelots/cats in the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft?
I was wondering if they were in the Xbox version, but I haven't see any since I've played. Maybe they'll come in the next update? I am unable to play Minecraft on PC, or Android, so will they come to Minecraft Xbox 360 later on(or have they already been added)?
- Does the article say anything? If not, explore the jungle on easy or higherand check if they exist. -- (T) Numbermaniac (C) 21:14, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
Baby ocelots occur naturally
Am I right in thinking they're the only mob (except villagers, which 'breed' in a different way to other mobs) which can as babies without being bred by the player?
Do baby ocelots spawn or do wild ocelots breed naturally? And if the former, is it random whether they spawn as babies or adults or do they always spawn as babies and then grow up, and why/how do the babies usually seem to be following an adult?
Does anyone know? 22.214.171.124 15:21, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- They don't breed on their own, as far as I can tell. Each ocelot spawned either naturally or from an egg has a 1/7 chance of spawning with two babies. -- Orthotope 18:34, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
unused sound + difficulty restriction
I've been peicing things together and I have come to a near conclusion. Ocelots may have been, early on, or may be in the future, hostile. The hissing sounds and the fact they don't spawn on peaceful... I don't know... This sounds like a thing for the forums but... I just... I don't know... Robstar14... anything but! 17:38, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- They are on the "hostile" monster list. That's why they don't spawn on peaceful. It could be they are or were planned to be dangerous, although I wonder if it's because they have an antagonistic relationship with the player - they run away rather than attack, but all the other passive or neutral mobs are indifferent unless you attack them. So you could argue that they are hostile. 126.96.36.199 21:35, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
Breeding sitting cats
I edited the page a while back (as a different IP) to clarify about breeding sitting cats. It said (correctly) that they will go into love mode if fed while sitting, but then said that "they cannot breed until released from the sit".
I changed this to "...at least one of them is released..." and added a sentence about choosing the kitten's colour.
I see that the piece about colour-choosing has since been deleted and the line about breeding while sitting changed to an assertion that "they cannot breed while sitting" (emphasis in original).
The original explanation was unclear, but this is simply incorrect. I have bred many cats, on single-player worlds and multiplayer servers, and I always breed with one cat sitting, as it make it easier to control them. It works without fail, and the colour-selection works without fail as well. I have also repeated the experiment today to make certain that it wasn't changed in a recent update: I fed raw fish to a standing siamese cat and a sitting ginger, the siamese ran straight to the ginger, and a siamese kitten immediately materialised.
I have no wish to edit-war, but unless someone has some evidence that my copy of Minecraft is broken or I'm hallucinating these cats, I would like to change it back to a correct statement and include what I feel is a useful and relevant piece of information about selecting a kitten's colour. 188.8.131.52 14:55, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
- Well, it's been nearly a week so I'ma go change it. 184.108.40.206 21:42, 21 May 2013 (UTC) (Same person, different IP)
- Someone already did. Adding the bit about colour selection to Trivia. 220.127.116.11 21:46, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
My cats are in a 7x7 space and I am 5 blocks away but I still cannot tame them. What can I do? Please tell me. --Bloxdude 18:07, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
My Cats Hate Me!
So I have 3 cats, and they seem to hate me. They don't like to follow me, they meow all the time, they don't scare creepers at all and they don't go inside my house! Also, one of my cats sat down, and he won't stand back up! Another one ran into a fire and committed suicide! Why do my cats hate me so much!? (I mostly want them to come into my house so I can keep them there.) ~AlaskanKyle
Try giving them more raw fish. That might help. And sorry about the loss. 18.104.22.168 02:01, 27 January 2014 (UTC)Titanicmaynard
I went AFK near my industrial smelter. I had a cat guarding the entrance, and the interior was overly lit up (was trying to prevent zombies from spawning everytime I killed a baby zombie who wandered in during the day). I had told the damned cat to sit, and went back to the smelter output chest. I went afk to make dinner (I had a lot of netherrack going through the system). When I got back, apparently the cat decided to sit on a chest (it was about 12 blocks away), allowing a creeper to come in, blow up next to me and the chest. By the time I had come back, every item had despawned (except what was still in the hoppers), and I had to redo some of the smelting system.
Why'd the cat abandon his post? The Wiki says the cats will stay put unless there's a chest within 5 blocks, and the chest was much further than that.
This is very strange, but was your cat sitting on the furnace, and was it standing before? What might have happened was that your cat was walking around, and it decided to "sit" on the furnace without you clicking on it for it to sit, like cats can do. You may have mistaken that for him being told to sit, and thought he would stay there. But they can get right up again when they do that!
OR... maybe the wiki was wrong, and the chest can be further away... --22.214.171.124 17:53, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
Ocelots not in peaceful
it says minecraft 1.6.2 now allows for ocelot spawning in peaceful, no such thing happens as ocelots did not spawn in my jungle until peaceful was set to easy mine doe's and im in pc 1.8126.96.36.199 21:58, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
Strange or what?
One day I was taking my beloved cat and wolf Silverclaw and Silverfang out for a walk and when I walked near my boat that is in the one block deep water,and suddenly,My cat AND wolf AND me were all on the boat!Me and my wolf were normally riding that boat but my cat was STACKED on top of Silverfang!I looked down.I almost got a heart attack.The boat was floating,whirring around,spinning and stuff.After a few minecraft days that I patiently sat on the boat,unable to dismount(as I never mounted it) or move,My cat flew off.FLEW off.Like the flying squids.She got off from the wolf's head then walked in midair and turned back to an ocelot.Yeah,and after that that boat dropped.I died,Silverfand died,and the ocelot NEVER came back to the ground.What happened?I'm scared right now.Oh,I forgot to tell you,I'm from Hong Kong and playing the English version of minecraft.Does that matters? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Epicxel (talk • contribs) at 10:58, 27 August 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
only one of your dogs died what happened to your other dog --188.8.131.52 18:58, 12 January 2014 (UTC)
Bow chicka hey now.
I apparently got an ocelot pregnant. My skin is a tiger, but jeez. I just wanted to be friends! Saw one at a distance in the jungle, trapped in leaves. Snuck up to it holding a fish. Its face was sticking out of the leaves and the hitbox indicated it was targetable (I was not able to tame one earlier that came to me but was in a tall grass sprite, so I couldn't target it. Rightclicking broke the grass and scared the ocelot) so I bopped it with a fish. Love hearts!...more love hearts... still love hearts... pop! Baby ocelot, no more love hearts, adult flees. Baby comes to me so I wallop it with a fish, smoke poof. Hit it with my last fish, and it turns orange tabby, now I have a kitten. =O.o= --StarChaser Tyger 12:45, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
Kittens? That's cute. I might try that next time I play. 184.108.40.206 02:05, 27 January 2014 (UTC)Titanicmaynard
I added a note that ocelots can be tamed on a lead, because they CAN, and it was removed. I have tamed several ocelots this way, placing them on a lead and then tying them to a post and then just waiting for them to come to me with fish. They can still move to the extent of the lead (10 tiles, I think, so more than the 7x7 required). This works in 1.6.4 and I don't see that it's a bug since they have more than 7x7 to run, and you do still have to let them come to you to give them the fish. I don't know how to cite this as, um, it happens in my game, and it's one heck of a lot easier than trying to follow them through the jungle - do you need me to make a video and put it up on Youtube to prove it or something? - Topsy, too lazy to register to add one tip
- The thing is, we are naturally suspicious of "new and surprising information" from anonymous IPs. If you look through the history logs, you'll see a fair number of reversions noting "misinformation". Sometimes the misinfo edits were obvious, sometimes... not so obvious. A bit later today (I haven't had breakfast yet) I'll try to test this out, and see if I can confirm it. --MentalMouse42 (talk) 11:38, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- And... confirmed. Sorry about the mistaken revert. To clarify my above comments, some of the "misinfo" edits are things that seem plausible, they just aren't so. If those don't get reverted quickly, they're liable not to get reverted, and then they linger on as false information in the Wiki. I'll also note that at least in my superflat lab world, getting close enough to the ocelot to attach the lead was non-trivial. --MentalMouse42 (talk) 13:27, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
Creepers & Cats
I have a lot of glass in my house. Several different times, I have noticed that creepers do NOT seem to be afraid of cats. It seems that creepers can see* me through glass, but cannot "see" cats. Can someone confirm this and add it to the wiki? Also, if this is true, it would be important to find out what other types of special blocks have this effect - fence, for example? To protect their house, a person might place a cat in a fenced area - but not realize that the creeper cannot "see" the cat behind fence.
- I know on the glass page, it says mobs like the creeper cannot see through glass - but I don't really trust this. In creative mode, I created a "zoo" of tagged monsters so that I could test out different texture packs. It is very noticeable that the creeper, turns its head, and then its body to look at me when I walk up to the glass cage it's in. Perhaps it doesn't see me in a way that it would bother to pursue, but it does look at me. It is easy to observe its behavior change from random standing and looking around, to turning both head and body to face the player shortly after you get close and look at it. It is very similar to what sitting dogs and cats will do when you walk near them.
A CORNERED CREEPER WILL STILL RUN TOWARD CATS:
In creative, if you trap a creeper in a small room (I used glass) and then create an opening (the only possible exit), and approach with a cat... the creeper will clearly attempt to flee from the cat (it stops meandering randomly and suddenly speeds up) - until it runs out of room and then it will run TOWARD you and your cat . It will run through the opening/exit which you and your cat are standing in, presumably so that it can then escape the cat. So the creeper seems to be programed to simply "keep a certain distance from cats". So being 1 block away from cats is probably not programed to be any worse than being 10 blocks away. Thus the creeper has no problem using a path which takes it closer to cats in order to keep its programmed objective. I haven't tested this a lot, but if you can confirm it, it's an interesting point you might want to warn people about.
LINE OF SIGHT:
How exactly does a creeper "see" a cat (to initiate running away)? Is it a line of sight from the creeper's head to the cat? Is it just magically "aware" of the cat, the same way they are aware of the player within a certain distance? Does "sight" actually consider the face? Or a line from the head (any side) to the cat/player? If I placed a sitting cat in a 1 block hole in the floor, would a creeper approaching "see" it as if it were directly on the floor? Or would the solid floor blocks around the cat "hide" the cat until the creeper got really close? What if a slab were placed in the hole? (Then the cat would be half below the floor level and half above.) Can creepers "see" a player/cat directly above or below them? Can anyone explain exactly how this works?
Thanks 220.127.116.11 07:03, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
My ocelot witch I fully tamed will not follow me or teleport how do you do this.
Is your ocelot standing up or sitting down?Ocelots may be the same as wolfs and only teleport when standing up.Try this and if it won't then maybe try it on another cat and see if it works.Hope this helped22:12, 18 July 2014 (UTC)Gemma
I've corrected the following:
- Ocelots don't care if you look at them, and mostly don't care if you move too quickly. But they will run away if you get too close.
- Ocelots don't care about pets or wild wolves, either. They only run away from humans. I had one staring at me begging for fish with tamed wolves bumping it all over the place.
- Tamed cats don't attack chickens. I don't see any evidence that they ever did.
- The thing about a 7×7 space for taming is simply not true; I tamed an ocelot just now with both of us standing in a 2-deep 1×3 ditch.
- As for the "If the player is within 6 blocks when the ocelot starts begging, it is likely to decide the player turned too quickly and stop begging on the next game tick" thing, it seems like a bug. Each tick, if the player is closer than 6 blocks it looks if the location changed more than 0.1 block from the saved location or either the pitch or yaw changed by more than 5 degrees from the saved pitch/yaw, and stops begging if so; if the player is more than 6 blocks away, it updates the saved location instead. Then it updates the saved pitch and yaw. The bug is that when the ocelot first starts begging, it updates the saved location but not the saved pitch and yaw, so the first check will be comparing to whatever old pitch and yaw are stored from the last time it successfully passed the check.
(BUG) Tamed cats with ocelot skin
When i tamed a cat (on 14w20a) i just found it has the same skin as a non-tamed ocelot. Is this a bug or? I am not sure it happened once so, if it happens again i will say
Happened more than once
This is marked as bug, of course it actually 'looks' like a bug
Too much ocelots
When I was randomly adventuring, I accidentally found a forest and met tons of wild ocelots. TONS of them. After gathering some things, I went back to my place only to found that the wild ocelots for some reason following me. I haven't tamed them at all, and I'm not holding a raw fish at that time. They followed me from point X:200 Z:400 to X: 500 Z:300, sprinting with full speed. When I go inside my home and closed the door, they just teleported into my house. They're obstructing me while I'm mining, since there's around 7-8 of them. What should I do?
Note: I'm using the v1.4.6, still a noob. Please help. 18.104.22.168 15:32, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
Is there an easy way to heal a tamed ocelot, or so you need splash potion of healing?22.214.171.124 21:24, 14 February 2015 (UTC)