- 1 Herobrine Spawn
- 2 Music Disc 11
- 3 Creeper Help?
- 4 Videos
- 5 Music Files
- 6 Dispensers
- 7 Multiplayer Double-Discs
- 8 Music disc making machine
- 9 Music can be modified
- 10 New Songs
- 11 Date added?
- 12 Not corrupt!!
- 13 Display Idea
- 14 A 4x4 table instead?
- 15 Animation?
- 16 Disc Page
- 17 .mus file encryption
- 18 Names in Swedish
- 19 Ward info
- 20 Vote
- 21 Track Names
- 22 Why does chirp sound so familiar?
- 23 11 Music Disc
- 24 "List of Possible Mobs" for Track 11 suggestion.
- 25 Incorrect damage information.
- 26 Not playing
- 27 all music disks
- 28 Still only two music discs dropping
- 29 Music Disc Probabilities
- 30 Error in the article
- 31 12W06a should be mentioned
- 32 Sound files being changed
- 33 picture in 11.ogg
- 34 Creating Music Disks
- 35 Correction
- 36 villager
- 37 wait what?
- 38 Music files 404 - not found
- 39 Music Disc 11
- 40 Ward Stradlater?
- 41 Error
- 42 where are we now
- 43 Xbox 360 Disc Locations
- 44 11 obtainable in 1.4.3 pre-release
- 45 Discs in Dungeons
- 46 Strange bug
- 47 Can't listen to the music "wait"
- 48 Creative Spawns Endless Discs
- 49 Using different music for the discs
- 50 Music Disc Names
- 51 Dog music
- 52 Secret of 11, discovered(?)
- 53 Music File Location Change
- 54 disk 11+14= I'm hiding in a ball form
- 55 Move to Music Disc
- 56 # of attempts
I think Jeb should make it so there is a way to find disc 11 somehow, but when you listen to it, Herobrine sneaks up on you and does something horrible! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by CreeperCraftSss (Talk|Contribs) 19:54, 4 February 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Just leaving the first part there. The wiki is wrong, it is possible to obtain the music disc "11" though it is extremely rare. I know that is it posible to obtain because i have got the whole music disc set by getting skeletons to kill creepers. Just clearing things up. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 10.1.22.30 (Talk) 01:18, 11 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Heh. I must have gotten lucky or something because I got Music Disc 11 twice in a row with Skeletons and Creepers. 220.127.116.11 05:48, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
Music Disc 11
Just clearing things up with the music disc 11. It is possible to get a music disc 11, I have gained the music disc on survival though it is very rare to obtain. This is done by getting creepers to be killed my skeletons. It is possible I assure you though it did take a very long time, in fact it took two weeks to obtain this disc.
For proof I have uploaded a video here, I did not get this spawned in as this is on a server and the admins would never be that nice to me because a lot of the staff hate me for trollin (: Anyway here is the video link for proof that it is possible: (link coming soon) –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 05:24, 11 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
I've been trying to just kill creepers every night (78 till now) and haven't looted a single record. Would difficulty affect the drop rate of records? :D User:Deadlock1 –The preceding undated comment was added on 02:44, 2 August 2010. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Or maybe it's just that the rumour about them dropping records is false? And you can use --~~~~ to put your name and time. –ultradude25 (T|C) 06:36, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, maybe so but I'll try to prove which is right. Are they just rumors or are they just VERY rare to find? (Hope that they exist without using clients O.o) --Deadlock1 15:45, 2 August 2010
- I recently heard that a creeper drops a gold record if killed by a skeleton. Can anyone confirm this? --Cooldudetb 14:59, 21 August 2010 (PDT)
- I can confirm that both records drop from Creepers if a Skeleton kills them. Just shoot a Creeper with four arrows and line them up for a skeleton to make the fifth. I got three records in a row doing this, two greens and one gold. -- Aeltrius 18:31 EST, 21 August 2010.
I thought you only had to get a skeleton's attention and then run behind a creeper but you have to shoot it with 4 arrows first? P.S. If anyone here wants to learn a lot about everything they didn't know about Minecraft you should get Minecraft Explorer(if you have an iPod Touch)ModelBuilderof2012 11:22, 13 September 2012 (UTC).
- I too have had tons of creeper kills with no record, and the second a skeleton kills one, a green record dropped. Maybe the page should be updated with this info? I shall test more to see if it is a 100% drop rate this way, and 0% any other (besides dungeons, which is random any item?). --The Sero 15:06, 30 August 2010 (PDT)
- Yeah, Notch confirmed this at minecraftcon 2010, creepers drop records when killed by skeletons.--Mrbattery 07:24, 2 September 2010 (CDT)
- It's an easter egg. Just get your records before this easter egg is removed! Otherwise, you will have to go Dungeon Diving. 99seconds 12:41, 17 November 2010 (CST)
- It's probably worth mentioning that hitting a creeper twice with a stone sword, and then once again with a stone shovel or similar stone tool will allow a skeleton to kill the creeper in one shot. Nice way to save some iron, since iron swords are kinda useless right now due to the damage increase. This still works in 1.7_3.--KimonoBoxFox 17:43, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Please. the only way to get music discs is to get a skeleton to shoot a creeper. Not that hard people. I got 3 music discs already. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 15:38, 9 April 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
But there's an easier way to get music discs. I have 12 of my favorite disc already and all I had to do was go to the menu and turn on cheats and type in /gamemode 1 and press enter!!! Then open your inventory and search for music disc C418-cat!! P.S. I'm running on 1.3.2 if this sounds weird to you. ModelBuilderof2012 11:22, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
Two separate pictures anyone?Toadbert –The preceding undated comment was added on 23:04, 2 September 2010. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
According to C418 Here  there will be 14 Records, the 2 here already, 2 guest ones (Not made by C418) and 10 new ones by C418. Is this worth mentioning on the page or not? P.S. I suck at linking T.T 99seconds 12:49, 2 December 2010 (CST)...
Becaue i have a slow Computer,i have to get those ,,green" or ,,purple disks" or other. i need a litle help here! server: IP:minecraftfreak12000.ch –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (Talk) 11:32, 8 October 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
I'd have kept the videos. They contributed more to the page than the text. Metalhannes 08:03, 22 December 2010 (CST)
- eh, sorta. I personally believe we should make an official youtube channel for the wiki.--Kizzycocoa 08:14, 22 December 2010 (CST)
- I don't think that's a good idea. A youtube channel would not editable by the community. Wikipedia solved this problem with a java applet and since all minecraft players have java already installed, having a function like this would be a good idea for this wiki imo. Metalhannes 19:22, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- We could make an official youtube group for the wiki, that way any member could join and upload videos--SwiftShade 21:12, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- NVM they removed groups from youtube, don't know why though--SwiftShade 15:20, 23 December 2010 (CST)
- Why use an external site when the same function can be implemented here and can be monitored more easily? Metalhannes 16:07, 23 December 2010 (CST)
- How? --Kizzycocoa 16:09, 23 December 2010 (CST)
- Also the sound files in minecraft are already in ogg vorbis, all players have java already installed and the files can be embedded in articles! IT IS PERFECT! PERFECT I TELL YOU!!!! Metalhannes 16:19, 23 December 2010 (CST)
I think it would be helpful if someone would add the files. -7 02:26, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
Umm, what's the Decryption crap? And how do we know Minecraft can De-cript it on the fly? -Cookingboy3 02:40, 16 July 2011 (UTC)
- If Minecraft couldn't decrypt it then how do you think it plays it? 188.8.131.52 22:04, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
Maybe custom music, you could put it in a special folder and it goes to a special disk! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 09:51, 31 October 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Why is the Music encrypted? I thought Minecraft was supposed to not have DRM...220.127.116.11 19:24, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- Probably to try to keep people from listening to it before its "official" in-game debut. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 19:43, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- There is a big difference between DRM and encrypted game files. 18.104.22.168 22:04, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- No, the arrow that kills the Creeper MUST be from a skeleton. Stinkbug22 22:25, 28 March 2011 (UTC)
In multiplayer, when you eject the music disc, it ejects two. However, only one can be picked up, the other is just a temporary one on the client side only. Logging out and back in removes it. This can cause quite a lot of 'fake' music discs... LB 23:18, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
Music disc making machine
Is it worth to add an instruction of how to make a mob killing machine for making creepers drop music disks? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Gamegamer0 (Talk|Contribs) 14:16, 28 February 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- It would probably be useful to add that somewhere on the wiki, but here is probably not the place for it--Lazeman 20:25, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
You need to make a skeleton kill a creeper. music disk 11 is very rare though. Page says disk 11 is still Creative exclusive. Cobalt32 22:07, 26 September 2012 (UTC)
Music can be modified
I think music can be modified using audio mods, we should look that --Dylanstrategie 21:19, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry bro (again), but modded content is to be kept off mainspace pages, cause it'll just bring too much clutter and irrelevant information. We do have a Mods pseudo-namespace for this. --Gnu32 22:39, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
Does anybody know what version of Alpha Music Discs were added in? -- Bigreader 04:09, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
- If you look at the Version history for the 1.0.14 (Seecret Friday Update 7) from July 30,2010 you can see that one of the changes is * Records added. --Cherweg 23:04, 16 March 2011 (UTC)
Where are we now is NOT corrupt, you just failed at extracting it. Use brackets for the filename. --Volcano fl 20:20, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
We need to make a simple bar image. One that shows each disc in a row.
Each disc being an X with a little "NAMEHERE" below it. --Throex 15:59, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
- I agree a basic table would make it easier to navigate. --Ecksearoh 16:01, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
A 4x4 table instead?
Instead of individual infoboxes, a 4x4 table with the individual images would make more sense here. --Ecksearoh 16:01, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed --Throex 16:09, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
- I was trying to figure out how this should be formatted. Now we have other discs similar to Gold and Green, so those names don't work. Naming them by the songs it weird. We still need images and how to name them. I left an inquiry to Ultra asking how we should treat this before the images get uploaded with weird names and all. I'd like a table, but I don't want anything messed up any worse. MegaScience 16:21, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
- Perhaps. Or we might stop using infoboxes for this and make a small table. We'll see when Ultra intervene. MegaScience 16:21, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
I like the small features that were added or removed since the new disc were added this morning, although the display is still to large. I still think a image of half those large disc would be fine in a horizontal column with the name below them. --Throex 22:39, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
.mus file encryption
- If you know Java, having a look at MusInputStream.java from my .mus decoder could help (can be opened with Winzip or similar programs). It's basically just XOR with a hash value that starts with the file name's hash value. --Barracuda 06:23, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
- Any chance of a new link to the decoder? The one that Barracuda posted doesn't work any more. --Hyperaxe1 06:56, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- It still does. It doesn't have GUI though, so you have to type something like this in command prompt: java -jar musdecode.jar <filename> Example: java -jar musdecode.jar "where are we now.mus"--GrygrFlzr 10:30, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
- Is there actually also a way to encode .mus-files? For example with the command "musencode.jar "strad.ogg"" ? 22.214.171.124 22:28, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- Wait, that was a stupid idea since the file is called "musDEcode.jar". I'm sorry. 126.96.36.199 13:37, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
Names in Swedish
The word 'strad' does not exist in the Swedish language even though google translate may think so. The word 'stal' does mean 'stole' in Swedish –Preceding unsigned comment was added by H4xxel (Talk|Contribs) 15:02, 1 October 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Try "stradivarius". SWFlash –The preceding undated comment was added on 20:16, 3 October 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
I don't have rights to edit it, but intro is from "moar ghost's n stuff by deadmau5" –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 18:17, 1 October 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- There's a certain amount of similarity, but at most, C418 was influenced by Ghosts n' Stuff (and, more likely, both artists just randomly created two rather similar tracks) - ward versus Ghosts n' Stuff (starting at about 1:10 in) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 19:32, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- Seriously? Nobody listens to any classical music? The introduction to both Ward and Ghosts n' Stuff is from a funeral march by Chopin, which you can find on YouTube by searching for "Chopin Funeral March". 184.108.40.206 05:01, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, sorry if I sounded rude. It's difficult to convey humorous exasperation through text. :) I myself was replying more to the other anon anyway. 220.127.116.11 05:31, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
I need to put a music disc sprite in classic mode on a building i'm making. But i want to use the sprite of the most popular one. So everyone comment your favorite music disc. (Including the new ones) (That does not include the cracked disc) Then i will use that sprite for the building. Tropius 00:23, 2 October 2011 (UTC)Tropius
- this is a wiki. not a poll for your favourite disc. try the forum. --Kizzycocoa 00:25, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Here's a summing up of some speculations about the meaning or origin of some track names. They could be added to trivia if plausible enough. What do you think? Ideas for the other tracks, especially 11/13?
--Barracuda 07:59, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- Plausible indeed, but speculation nonetheless - it needs to stay off of the article unless you or someone else can get C418 to confirm. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 18:49, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- The track name "stal" could well be from the Swedish word "stål", which means "steel". Personally I think this is more probable than than it coming from the Swedish form of the word "stole", but it's still only speculation. 18.104.22.168 19:17, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
Why does chirp sound so familiar?
I was playing creative and popped this disk in and almost instatly knew I had heard it before after checking with friends I decided that it is the title music to little big planet that came with ps3Desacobose 15:52, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's the title tune to LittleBigPlanet. Exactly the same, actually. ISmile 09:13, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
- I win or...something...22.214.171.124 16:11, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
11 Music Disc
I think this disk is a reference to the song "on the run" from pink floyd, dont you think? the song is from the album "dark side of the moon" –Preceding unsigned comment was added by MixMadde (Talk|Contribs) 11:32, 29 October 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
C418 doesn't even know who Pink Floyd. He lives in sweden, not the usa... --126.96.36.199 17:44, 2 July 2013 (UTC)
"List of Possible Mobs" for Track 11 suggestion.
Maybe we should add a "List of Possible Mobs" to the Track 11 area.
A list is:
Enderman. Ghast. New, Upcoming mob. Herobrine.
The disc also has said to be how Herobrine died and became who he is.
We should add something like this to the trivia section for Track 11, as the list is interesting to some people, as well as the Herobrine theory.ISmile 09:18, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
- What makes this speculation any more acceptable than other speculation that isn't allowed on the wiki? –ultradude25 (T|C) at 09:27, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
- It's just a suggestion, mate. ISmile 01:59, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- The Herobrine theory gives me goosebumps, even though I strongly disagree based on my religion - Herobrinism - which maintains the theory that He is Notch's brother reincarnated in Minecraftia and is Minecraftia's guardian and caretaker. Still, this music disc is CREEPY! It's, like, the record of some catastrophic horror, like salvaging the black box from a catastrophic plane crash (like Fringe-series-premier catastrophic - yes, I know that plane didn't crash, but if it did, the black box would remind me of music disc 11).Wandergirl108 16:44, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- It might be an Enderman because their new sound, which sounds like a barking dog. Cman900 8:18 PM, November 14, 2011
- Further evidence to support the idea that it is related to Enderman is because the themes within the disc are similar in style to what is seen in Marble Hornets and other slenderfanprojects. Endermen are based off Slenderman. In the series, coughing is common, running is common, damaged recording materials are common. I believe that this is a fair hypothesis –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 03:12, 20 March 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- It could be the slenderman himself. That couffing is something the slenderman supposedly does. Who said disk 11 takes place in the minecraft universe? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 21:23, 27 March 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- So then why not add in the Herobrine info. I just heard do it for the first time and it's already creepy enough without the story. You can plainly hear that it is the last moments of someone before someTHING (whatever it is) strikes and then nothing. The noise after wards is just more pops from the chipped parts. But it seems that, who ever it is, was in a cave or room with stone, stopped to pick up or use some metallic or metal object (perhaps pick up a weapon) and then he runs out to some outside area with dirt. The rest doesn't seem to make sense to me. I can hear the clinking again along with a louder clink (something braking perhaps) and then the man seems to fall as the dirt noise stops after the noise made when a person falls to the ground. This person died in fear, of what I don't know. Yenrx 03:21, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- And don't forget, it sounds like the person was using something paper, too...a map, maybe? Or maybe he was trying to write something down in his last moments? Wandergirl108 06:46, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
This is what I think about track 11: He runs into a cave of some sort where there is an altar. This altar is making all of the odd noises. He is there with his dog. He searches through a chest for flint and steel that he finds and checks that it works. From the smoke he coughs. He then looks through a special book to see how to summon something at the altar. He then succeeds in summoning a red dragon or some other mob. The weird noises before he starts running is the sound of the magic being released. He then seeing it as a mistake sprints out of the cave with his wolf in tow but the creature is too fast for him it growls like a motor before it kills him, his wolf then barks and fights back and the dragon destroies whatever was letting the disc record, thus damaging it.--Just Lazer 20:04, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
- I honestly don't see why you guys keep insisting this has anything to do with Herobrine. C418 even said himself it had nothing to do with Herobrine. So stop suggesting it and just play the game. --Saphireking65 03:44, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- I am glad to hear it has nothing to do with Herobrine. We will, of course, play the game (which I just lost ;D ). However, speculation is fun. Why can't we have extra fun by speculating what this creepy disc is about? We can play Minecraft and have fun with that, then have more fun speculating what creepy, interesting stuff in it is about. So stop being a killjoy and let us have our fun. Wandergirl108 06:49, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- THIS IS SPECULATION, YOU ARE ALL SPECULATING. SPECULATION IS NOT TO BE "ADDED IN" TO A WIKI OF ANY KIND. Until we get a nice link to a dev SPECIFICALLY STATING that this was Herobrine, it stays speculation and should stay out of the article. I could say it's Bob the Flying Tomato and it would have just as much standing for it as Herobrine (which is nothing by the way). If you want to theorize about your little ghost stories, PLEASE use the forums. Mybabypetghast 23:50, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
- I don't mean to add any speculation or break any rules, but I'd like to add something. The theories stated above are all good ones, and I agree with the idea that the person is running from...something...and that the person loses in the end. But, after talking about Disc 11 with some friends, and listening to it over and over very carefully....before it ends with the chirps and pops of the broken pieces, my friends and I can hear the word "Herobri-" through the static. I'm not sure if I believe in Herobrine, but that doesn't really matter--the fact is, that's just what I hear. Just thought that might be something interesting to add to the discussion. Perhaps it's just a disc made to freak out anyone who listens to it, perhaps it doesn't have anything to do with Herobrine at all. But I hear it. Sorry to intrude, mods/admins~. 220.127.116.11MallyMcAlli, player of Minecraft.
- It could have a hostile wolf in it,since you can here the same snarling that they make –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeper (Talk|Contribs) 17:54, 3 July 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
As I said in the page about HIM, we will never know for sure who the mysterious figure in the track 11 was. Anyways, I can't comment any further on that for HIM may be watching us.
Incorrect damage information.
Hitting a Creeper twice with an Iron Sword or four times with the Bow will leave them near enough to death for the Skeleton to make the final blow.
This is no longer true and should read:
Hitting a Creeper three times with an Iron Sword or twice with a fully charged Bow will leave them near enough to death for the Skeleton to make the final blow. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Ryiane (Talk|Contribs) 10:59, 26 November 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I agree. After reading that and trying it, I had a dead skeleton and a big hole in my desert outpost. =P GhengopelALPHA –The preceding undated comment was added on 20:21, 6 January 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Alright, this happened to me in the pre-releases too. Whenever I put a music disc in a juke box, it does not play. I have the music AND sound turned up in the options, but still nothing plays. The two music discs did work for me in 1.8, but they no longer do. Anyone else having this problem? Or have suggestions on how to fix it? L1ght5h0w 23:56, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- Sometimes the resources folder doesn't download properly. Try to re-update, that normally works for me. --Rocĸetor talk 20:24, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
all music disks
All music disks can be found in chests, Cat and 13 have a 25% chance to spawn, whereas the others have less than 1%. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 15:35, 1 December 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Still only two music discs dropping
I've been at it since two days and still the creepers are dropping only 'cat' and '13'. I have 5x cat and 2x 13, and none other have been dropped. (Playing SMP sever).
Is the info about other discs dropping after Dec 15th snapshot accurate?22.214.171.124 15:58, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. Are you sure that the server is using the appropriating snapshot? If so, then there may be an error with servers themselves. Either way, it works in SP. Shellface 16:03, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- I am certain the server's updated to the latest version. Although now I am slightly confused as what a snapshot is exactly....it just means the latest update right.126.96.36.199 16:33, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Essentially pre-release, but post-release, yes. Latest unofficial update. Shellface 16:39, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- I am playing SP on the latest snapshot and still have only gotten cat and 13 as well. Where is this information confirmed? Are they just very rare or something?--188.8.131.52 21:51, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- No… I've gotten two creepers and they dropped chirp and far. Will go collect more. Shellface 22:16, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- On the server i play on we use 1.0.0, and i have now gotten 25 Records from creepers without any of "the new ones" i have gotten 12 yellow and 13 green. Is my server buggy or is this a vanilla bug. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 23:38, 29 January 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Music Disc Probabilities
I noticed that certain music discs have different chances of appearing than others. I've gotten 4 "strad" discs so far and 2 "chirp" discs. I think strad has a really high chance of dropping, but not 100% sure. I may do research. NeonJ 22:33, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
Error in the article
It claims that "all" of the music discs are obtainable in survival. This should be corrected, as 11 is still unavailable in survival. --Ivyn 05:12, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
12W06a should be mentioned
Since 12W06a music disks are a lot easier to get since creepers are not hostile towards skeletons they get shot by anymore. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (Talk) 12:27, 9 February 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Sound files being changed
I don't even have a username here (I'm not quite sure how to do this, sorry if I make a mistake), but the page says that you can make the game play a different song if you replace the cat.ogg file or the 13.ogg file. I just replaced the cat.ogg file with another ogg file, went into minecraft 1.2.3, played cat, and it played cat, not the other file. I renamed the cat.mus file, and when I played it again in minecraft, I realized that it recreated cat.mus and cat.ogg. So you can NOT change the songs. This should get changed in the page.18.104.22.168 18:41, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, that is the same problem for me. Fortunately, I found the (actually very simple) solution: just set the replaced .ogg-files to "read only" in the file settings. But still, this should probably be mentioned on the page as well. For the .mus-files, I'm still looking for a fitting .mus-encoder as the game seems to randomly choose between the .ogg-file and the .mus-file of a song (obviously, only true for "13" and "cat"). Even if you rename a completely random file to "cat.mus" or "13.mus", which means there's no data to be played in that files, the game still uses that file, making the jukebox play nothing. But as this is randomly (it seems), custom music can in fact be added (original music replaced). 22.214.171.124 22:42, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- I found this great encoder by Barracuda (mentioned in ".mus encryption") and used it for converting custom music to the minecraft readable .mus-format. This should probably be added to the "Trivia" paragraph, to make things clearer. 126.96.36.199 23:51, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
picture in 11.ogg
I thought the ending of 11.ogg sounded weird in an intentional manner, so I ran it through a spectrogram and got a picture of minecraft style a face :/
You can try it out yourselves by converting the ogg to wave and run it through this: http://www.electronics-lab.com/downloads/pc/003/
Set scale to 90db and check out the part right before the white noise pattern.
Is it just me or does it say 1241 or something to that effect next to the face? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 16:16, 31 March 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I can't say about the "face", but that 2 there canNOT be unintentional.Darkychao 22:08, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm this is quite interesting. Maybe you should upload the image here and post a thumb in the Trivia section with a line mentioning this strange appearance. It looks like C418 purposely synthesized/generated the sounds to show something (a face and the numbers 1241?). - Asterick6 00:56, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- I would say there is a bigger chance that the face is intentional, since the lines are too clean to be random. There wouldn't really be any reason to play precisely those frequencies at the same time. The part where the "face" appears also sounds weird in the track, it's a very low synthetic hum.
Here's the forum topic: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1130896-picture-in-11ogg/ --184.108.40.206 09:21, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
- I would say there is a bigger chance that the face is intentional, since the lines are too clean to be random. There wouldn't really be any reason to play precisely those frequencies at the same time. The part where the "face" appears also sounds weird in the track, it's a very low synthetic hum.
- Yes, i KNOW this is speculation and i KNOW that this is a wiki and not a forum, but think about this face. Some people think that the mob in 11 is an enderman. Look at the face. What does it look like... Maybe we finally know what the mysterious mob in 11 is... 220.127.116.11 09:22, 15 April 2012 (UTC)hurpDurp
- I personally think this is worth noting in the "trivia" section of the page. 18.104.22.168 08:02, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- The forum topic was locked, so I'll talk about it here.
What if this is a complex secret by C418? Maybe the numbers have something to do with the way the .mus files are encrypted? And maybe the face is there to show it's not coincidence? If the face IS Herobrine, I wouldn't be surprised. It's C418's own "Removed Herobrine". whizzer0 10:22, 14 October 2012 (UTC) (damn, always forget the sig)
It seems to me as if a player were running away from something, then digging stone running some more, angering an enderman, digging through some dirth and then dieing by some creature. It might be an Endermen, Or to some people Herobrine. I think Enderman. 5/5/2013 ^:08 _zorua_ 22.214.171.124 23:10, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
The photo says 12413. Add those numbers up and you get 11...... 11.ogg. o.o BryceDestroyer03 00:02, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
I'll take a guess. The photo says 12418. 12 is C in hexadecimal, which means the actual number is C418, which is quite clever. The "face" might not even be a face at all, seeing it's a bunch of lines, which makes it improbable that the "face" is a face at all and is just imagery generated by the static at the end of the track. This means while the face is most likely fake, Rosenfeld's signature is real. 126.96.36.199 01:46, 29 June 2014 (UTC)
Creating Music Disks
I think that Notch should give the player the ability to create music disks in an upcoming update. I suggest that to make a disk, you need the wool of the color that of the disk you want to creat and place that in the middle of the crafting recipie. Then for the black part of the disk, suround the wool obsidian. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 22:44, 20 May 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Good idea, but this isn't the forums Noobnathan 16:58, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
"There are contraptions capable of trapping the skeleton and creeper in such a way that the skeleton tries to shoot you through the creeper, but the creeper cannot attack the skeleton. These, however, either will not work or will be hard/expensiveto execute or set up due to upgraded mob AI."
The latter part of this statement is just flat out wrong. Using the method discussed in the "Music Disc Farming Tutorial" on this wiki I can harvest up to 4 discs per night. New mod AI has not effected this in any noticable way. And yes, I do have the newest version of minecraft. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 04:29, 5 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I can confirm this as well. I did't play before the upgraded AI, so I can't comment on whether it is more difficult to use these traps, but they definitely work. --shockthetoast 00:24, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
one thing that happened with me was when I played the disk # 11,they all started to stare at me.has anything happened to anyone else with different mobs? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeper (Talk|Contribs) 18:02, 3 July 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Even if testies are attracted to music, the villagers were just talking with you. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Noobnathan (Talk|Contribs) 17:00, 3 August 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
i was playing on my world on xbox 360 when i saw a creeper so i started to kill it after it got down to low health a skeleton killed it and it dropped a music disk that is just called music disk(it is gold so it should be 13) the odd thing about this is that only after 1.9 they dropped music disks if killed by skeletons so can someone tell me if they dropped them before or did i get a bug?220.127.116.11 17:47, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
i then did it again and got the green disk18.104.22.168 19:00, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
- Creepers killed by skeles have been able to drop music discs since alpha and they only said the name when you put it in jukebox until 1.9-pre so it shouldn't say the name on the disc. Russell4 15:32, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
Music files 404 - not found
In section "Discs": The files for listening to the music samples are 404 - not found. One should consider reuploading.
22.214.171.124 14:14, 29 August 2012 (UTC)
Music Disc 11
HEY CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MUSIC DISC 11 DOES?IS IT TRUE HEROBRINE APPEARS AFTER THE DISC ENDS?! ITS THE DISC WITH THE GUY RUNNING!
SOMEBODY TEEELLL MEEE! Lord Mikay 23:41, 29 August 2012 (UTC)
Hey, calm your butt down, it does not relate to herobrine in anyway. Herobrine is not real, and it will never be. The Herobrine speculation is just of some herobrine believers, but it's not true. Plus, It will probably never have it's backstory revealed, Notch and Jeb like to leave the Misteries of minecraft unrevealed. 126.96.36.199 01:17, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
Dunno why, but the names "ward" and "strad" got me thinking of Ward Stradlater from Catcher in the Rye. Could there be any relation? --188.8.131.52 03:40, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
You do not need mods to edit the files. You can change 13 and Cat, but not the other ones, or at least to my knowledge. I always change 13 to be something I like such as Gorillaz - Stylo or Ween - Ocean Man. It's pretty ironic. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 03:19, 1 September 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Heh I was just thinking about changing one of them to a Gorillaz song myself. 220.127.116.11 06:46, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
where are we now
the where are we now disk is now in minecraft but it is only on the xbox version so can someone add this to the artical?18.104.22.168 15:39, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
- Done. My first edit of any wiki article ever, haha. Oh, would someone mind adding the ingame icon for the disc? I don't have any sort of reliable capture software or camera. Holloway 18:05, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
Xbox 360 Disc Locations
It appears the last three disc locations for the Xbox 360 Edition are either wrong; or outdated after the recent update. Fix plz. -Grazer 22.214.171.124 09:21, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
11 obtainable in 1.4.3 pre-release
11 can be obtained in the 1.4.3 pre-release just like other discs. I can't edit the page so could someone add this? --126.96.36.199 14:14, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
Discs in Dungeons
The fact that only "13" and "cat" music discs are found rarely in dungeons is false. You can find all music discs in dungeon chests. Once I found strad disc in dungeon chest. 188.8.131.52 18:22, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- Could you provide us with a seed to that world and what version of the game you found it in? I would really like to see this. #trigger_hurt(I|T|C) Check out my project! 18:45, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
I found a strange bug while screwing around on my Bukkit Server: If you somehow stack music discs using some kind of bug or command, putting one into a jukebox will make another duplicate stack of your disk come out. It's not ghosted, and can be repeated at the cost of 1 disk per dupe. I know that I'll need to show proof, but I probably won't be able to do that soon since I am working on some extra credit work that is worth 35 extra points on my exam. #trigger_hurt(I|T|C) Check out my project! 12:34, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
Can't listen to the music "wait"
The music player for the music "wait" doesn't work on Chrome and the Java player. MarioErmando 15:17, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
Creative Spawns Endless Discs
if you go into Creative get a disc put it into the jukebox and take it out you get two real discs- the one you had and another. Repeat for endless discs.
--10.104.26.167 16:49, 23 May 2013 (UTC)someperson
Using different music for the discs
I believe all the music discs are now able to be edited with resource packs. 184.108.40.206 20:14, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- You are correct. You still need to save them as .ogg though. 220.127.116.11 19:27, 2 July 2013 (UTC)
Music Disc Names
I've looked all over in the .lang file and can't seem to find the music disc names to be able to change them for a resource pack. The only thing I can change is the item's name "Music Disc." Ben0nator 17:41, 6 July 2013 (UTC) To edit the name of a music disk, edit/add the line: item.record.<song>.desc = <Artist - Song> 18.104.22.168 16:14, 1 November 2014 (UTC)
I have found a video about this tune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMOcqXM_d8o . If someone can, can someone post it on the page in the Discs section? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Jeansowaty (talk • contribs) 17:52, 20 August 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Secret of 11, discovered(?)
As you can see on the reddit post, the first link will send you to a picture of the Music Disc "11" ending. "12418" is visible at the upper right. 12 stands for C, which means C148 signed his work in a clever way, by adding it to the sound itself. J192 10:28, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- This is nothing new. On this very page this was discovered over a year ago. –Matt ᐸ Talk
Contribs ⎜ 11:10, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- And finally published there: Easter Eggs 22.214.171.124 13:30, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
Music File Location Change
(On Windows) I tried looking for the .ogg files for the music disks in
, and discovered the folder doesn't exist. I then found them in
- Thank you for pointing this out. I went ahead and added as much information as I could find to the actual page (don't know when it was changed to this new folder) after having spent about half an hour trying to find this again. x_X LiveFyre (talk) 18:33, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
disk 11+14= I'm hiding in a ball form
I heard that if you play disk 11 and 13 together, there's a "Spooky thing" in both disks.126.96.36.199 02:46, 25 September 2014 (UTC)Miner Gamer
Move to Music Disc
# of attempts
I figured out that on average, 49 creepers will need to be killed by a skeleton for the player to obtain all 12 music discs. Please include this in the triva section (you will need an account to do so, as the page is protected.)188.8.131.52 03:32, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- Random is random. There is no average. I can get them all in 12 attempts or in 10,000 attempts. Skylinerw (talk) 04:11, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- The number of attempts is random, but when you average the number of attempts with hundreds of pieces of data, you will probably get close to 49. If you want, you can do the math.184.108.40.206 23:37, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- This is just a coupon collector's problem, where you're drawing from an infinite pool instead of replacing what you draw; the math works out the same either way. Looking at the table on the Wikipedia article, to get all 12 discs will take on average 38 tries, not 49. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 06:33, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
- I did the math again and got about 38, so I must've done the math incorrectly the first time.220.127.116.11 14:31, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Even if the average is correct, I don't think it would be helpful trivia as it's a matter of probability. A person reading the line would be no closer to knowing the amount of creepers to kill to get all the music discs, only a number that may randomly happen. –KnightMiner t/c 16:04, 28 February 2015 (UTC)