I host a SMP server for me and my friends to play on.
Recently I have been using the in-game NBTEdit mod to create custom mob spawners. Everything works fine here.
However, every time when I shut down the server and start it up again, those custom mob spawners reset into normal pig spawners. And when I check them with NBTEdit, all my custom tags for the spawners are gone.
It would be very frustrating for me to edit those spawners every single time. How can I fix this problem? Is there a way to keep them unchanged after restarting the server?
126.96.36.199 08:08, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- The wiki generally doesn't provide support, especially for mod-related issues; you'll get a better response by posting in the relevant forum thread. -- Orthotope 08:25, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
 Decompiled source
Aren't you not supposed to distribute Minecraft code? I am not very knowledgeable in this area if the question may seem stupid to you.
--188.8.131.52 02:56, 11 July 2013 (UTC)NFWright
if you use a silk touch enchantment will you get a monster(I don't mean human) spawner? 184.108.40.206 03:16, 15 July 2013 (UTC)
- No. Like the article says, a spawner can't be retrieved at all in survival mode. --Mental Mouse 03:35, 15 July 2013 (UTC)
- Mental Mouse is right you cant even with a solk touch 127 pick (the ledgends are true!). LABHOUSE (talk) 22:50, 22 October 2013 (UTC)
Why does the article say that naturally spawners will not spawn Creepers? I found a Creeper spawner in a legit vanilla world.--220.127.116.11 03:47, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
- If you're certain no mods or world editors were involved, post the world seed and coordinates so other people can confirm this. -- Orthotope talk 05:21, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
- The net seems to insist that creeper spawners used to occur naturally, but we can see from the code that they don't today. I wonder when they were removed, and why? Courtes 09:15, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- Who is "the net" that's insisting on this? I seriously doubt there were even creeper spawners in vanilla survival, and certainly not in dungeons. Besides being OP, there's a little problem that the first time someone goes in there, they'll blow up their own spawner block. Of course, adventure-mode maps are another story -- there are ways to finess those issues for a non-random map. --Mental Mouse 10:45, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
 Blaze spawners have a glitched active range.
I have confirmed in 1.6.2 on SMP and SSP, that blaze spawners are not always active when within 16 blocks of the spawner block. The cage will light on and spin correctly when in that range, but does not necessarily spawn new mobs. The horizontal range seems to act correctly, but vertical distance is glitched. You need to be about 14.5 blocks below the spawner, or 17.5 blocks above the spawner for it to make new mobs.
It appears that the 16 block radius is shifted focus above the actual spawner. This only affects blazes and I can confirm that my distances are correct, because I used a mini map way-point.--18.104.22.168 15:10, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- This bug has been on the tracker for a while now: MC-13381. It seems to me that visual spawner activity (light, spinning) is determined by your head's distance from the spawner block, while its generation of mobs is triggered by your feet being within range (the F3 screen gives you both). Thus, it does kind of matter horizontally (see screenshots in the bug report). Plus, I suspect that this is an issue with every type of spawner; at least it is easily reproducible with a pig spawner in creative single player. It's most annoying with blazes, because of the funnel-shaped XP farm design ... Thilo77 22:55, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
How do you get other spawners like squid or Iron Golem? I saw it in a map. Hehe, you need a WorldEdit program like MCEdit. Follow this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dRidXHMYRE --NecropoGames 13:36, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
 Ender Dragon Spawner
Could someone give me a give or summon command for for a non-hostile, tamed, saddled ender dragon spawner? I'm asking since we can spawn basically any mob spawner with basically any properties according to the page. If there is a way to do this please let me know. Also, if it's possible maybe a command string for the same ender dragon spawner mentioned above with chest equipped like that of a donkey. Please. Brickticks (talk) 21:05, 20 November 2013 (UTC) If it's even possible. Brickticks (talk) 23:42, 20 November 2013 (UTC)
- Not possible. Only horses (including all variants), wolves, and ocelots can be tame; only horses and pigs can have saddles. Yes, you can spawn other entities with those tags, but the game won't do anything with them. -- Orthotopetalk 02:31, 21 November 2013 (UTC)