|This page is only for discussing the Minecraft Wiki page.
Below are some common links to help you before you post.
- All day today on the minecraft screen it said happy birthday and a name infront of it–Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:03, 15 August 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
"Test the latest development snapshot!"
Replacing Texture Packs with Resource Packs
I think that, since texture packs are now obsolete, shouldn't we replace the Texture pack link with Resource packs? It would make sense since there is no real need for Texture packs anymore. Warpshard 22:16, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
No. Texture packs can still be used for 1.5.2, which is in the launcher, so it really isn't obsolete and shouldn't be redirected to resource packs. --22.214.171.124 01:50, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
I got raw beef from a pig in Minecraft xbox 360. is this normal?--Pikmin guy 20:55, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
You might need to post this in the Talk section for the Pig page. --Herobrinist69 20:16, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
Step 0.1: think if you even need a mod Step one: go check on youtube and don't bother us Step two: if youtube doesn't help ask someone else Have fun :D.SaltyTeaParty 02:03, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
I think that it could be a good thing to have a tutorial on installing mods in the new launcher on the wiki. Weren't there tutorials on this before the new launcher came out? Starfire2999 20:41, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- See Mods/Installing mods#Installation for the new launcher. -- Orthotope talk 20:45, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
is minecraft.net and minecraftwiki.net same or different?
are they both owned by the same ppl or no? cuz i really have an issue i need help with since i recently purchased minecraft less than an hour go... –Preceding unsigned comment was added by SkullZ16 (talk • contribs) 23:43, 19 July 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The wiki is separate from and not affiliated with Mojang. For help with purchasing/accounts/etc., you should contact Mojang directly; http://help.mojang.com is a good place to start. -- Orthotope talk 00:30, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
Capture the Flag
Is there anywhere else we can move a link to this page? It seems silly that something that was only mentioned once over 4 years ago (alongside a doom level importer) by someone who doesn't even work on the game anymore is both still considered "planned" and front page material. --Moxxy 03:51, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
- well Adventure mode was said around the same time by the same person. and it was added. --007a83 (Talk|Contribs) 06:21, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
Occasionally, on Minecraft i hear odd train whistling sounds.--MegaMinecraftWuvvvvver 23:10, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
Thanks! Now I get it! --MegaMinecraftWuvvvvver 00:23, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
How Can I Get Diamond Ore?
How Can I Get Diamond Ore? Minecraft Wiki Says Its Under Ground But Me And My Sister Have Been Digging And Digging,And Cant Seem To Find Any.:( So If Anybody can Please Respond Back Or Help Me Thanks.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Valeriab20 (talk • contribs) 18:48, 15 August 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
it is rare, go 16 blocks down and look under that but that is also were lava is so, good luck.--Icecat1001 14:23, 20 August 2013 (UTC)
mrhappyface123 sais:ok look go get silck touch on you pickaxe dude(:
I know a way to "sneak" Diamonds into your Inventory. Turn on cheats, then type /give USERNAME 56 (amount). If you have a iron pickaxe (or better), you just place and mine to get Diamonds.--126.96.36.199 01:30, 17 September 2013 (UTC)Not signed in
Zombie mob spawner item ID??
been looking on every website, but I cannot seem to find any telling me the Zombie mob spawner item ID, can anyone please help?–Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:32, 20 August 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
You cannot place a zombie spawner without mods or hacks. If you want to place one, I recommend getting tekkit and putting the map on it, placing a zombie spawner, then putting the map back in normal minecraft. And please sign your comments with 4 tildes (~) or pressing the button with a signature on it.--184.108.40.206 01:03, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
Insomnia Minecraft Expo UK
I think there needs to be info one this somewhere, As Dinnerbone is going along with Curse and a bunch of celebrity individuals. so.
SO shoud there be a Insomnia Minecraft Expo UK page?--007a83 (Talk|Contribs) 19:54, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
- No; the wiki doesn't document the fan community. Curse staff and 'celebrities' aren't considered important, and Dinnerbone is only listed as being in the 'meet and greet' event, not speaking on any of the panels. If it's not in-game content or directly connected to Mojang (as Minecon is), it doesn't belong here. -- Orthotope talk 10:30, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
Under Resource Packs, it says "Various resource packs that change the look and feel of the game", but nothing is said about the sound. Please Fix! --Mokiki 19:15, 24 August 2013 (UTC)
how do you get custom spawners without cheats?
- You can't. There's no way to change what a spawner creates without mods or NBT editors. -- Orthotope talk 18:04, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
Minecraft Meetup: Tokyo!
HOLY HELL THE MAIN PAGE.
- I agree, can't we move the Giveaway ad next to the Minecraft wiki logo? -- TheWombatGuru t | c NL Admin 18:32, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
News: Minecraft 1.6.4
Minecraft Version 1.6.4 has been released, I suggest adding it to the news section:
- September 19, 2013 - Minecraft 1.6.4 released.
Also, I'm an admin on the dutch wiki, and I think that you can trust all admins on all the language wiki's, otherwise they didn't become admins. Could we get some sort of rank that we can edit pages like protected templates? I know that it's a lot I'm asking for, and I understand if this wouldn't be possible, but sometimes it is really annoying you have to ask an english admin to add a simple language link.
- I think we should change admin protections to directors protections, since all language admins are in the directors group. However, it doesn't seem to show up on the list any more... –Matt ᐸ Talk
Contribs – 19:28, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
What are the uses of the heads
I play minecraft on the 360 and I was wondering what are the uses of the heads.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Mikey4749 (talk • contribs) 00:09, 26 September 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Need help with world edit plugin!
I have a mc server (220.127.116.11) and i like my spawn i have in the 1.6.2 version of it. Now 1.6.4 is out and i dont want to make a new spawn. So i was wondering if there's a way to copy and paste between minecraft versions using world edit. thank you–Preceding unsigned comment was added by EvilSheepKiller (talk • contribs) 01:04, 26 September 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- um, the world will be the same. just update the server.--007a83 Talk | Contribs 04:58, 26 September 2013 (UTC)
emeralds why cant i find them?!?
Bold text i have been on Minecraft for at least a year now and i was dead happy when the emeralds came out i well i cant remember what version but i havent found ANY plz tell me why and how to find them–Preceding unsigned comment was added by NoobygirlyLOL (talk • contribs) 15:48, 27 September 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- You can only find them in Extreme Hills biomes, and they are really rare. This question should be asked on the Emerald or Emerald ore page instead of the main talk page. -- TheWombatGuru t | c NL Admin 20:35, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
Updating the Main Page
- Don't forget to remove the cost in Microsoft Points. That is gone and it's now replaced by Local Currency. 1,600 Points equals to $19.99. I also edited that in the main page for the 360 Edition. --Newyorker20103 (talk) 00:44, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
Updates And Dragon eggs
The Ender Dragon egg seems useless for now, but have you heard? Jeb has come up with a red dragon hatching from the egg and follows you around! And you MIGHT be able to die it colors with dies. Jeb was not as famous as Notch, but now, he will get a LOT more credit. Jeb is responsible for this. This new feature will be in update 1.8.0! Sorry that it will take that long to add that! But still this is very amazing! And 1.7.0 is now about to be here in 2013! This update is the next right after 1.6.2, it adds new biomes, and flowers I heard. And this might not be that much! And do you have a texture creator app? Well if you see a dragon texture (just regular dragon) you will notice there is no regular "dragon" in minecraft yet! That is a sign of the new update in store! And its gray! Not red! So that means it could be died colors as well! It could be, or it could not! Lets find out soon...
I suggest maybe a "Myths" page for a list of the commonly known myths and information about them like "Squids are attracted to light.", "Sugarcane grows the faster on sand.", etc. J192 11:36, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
- I think this would be a good idea, but we're not allowed to make pages based on community icons or other thoughts. (except for Herobrine -- TheWombatGuru t | c NL Admin 12:53, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
- It's useless on this wiki because it returns junk pages most of the time, thus it was removed from the sidebar. If you wish to try your luck you can still access it from the list of special pages, or directly. –Matt ᐸ Talk
Contribs ⎜ 06:41, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
Links to pages in wiki
The pages such as Special:SpecialPages, templates and the categories can not be accessed without actually knowing they exist and their URL. I spent ages yesterday trying to get back to the special pages but I couldn't remember the namespace or format(SpecialPages or Special_Pages) . There should be links to these somewhere on the main page. Lennbot (talk - contributions) 09:37, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
- The list of special pages is linked on every page. –Matt ᐸ Talk
Contribs ⎜ 10:22, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
I think the new layout of the main page is hideous, it's harder to find stuff and links are everywhere... This is my opinion though, how do you guys think about it? -- TheWombatGuru t | c NL Admin 10:36, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure about it either. The bit at the top is quite nice, but the rest is a bit strange. I can't remember exactly what it looks like, as it looks more or less the same as before on my phone. Lennbot (talk - contributions) 08:16, 22 October 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe if there were more visual representations instead of plain links? I think that'd help, especially for handicapped viewers, but for everyone else as well.
- -Exhelah · · · 00:26, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
More Wiki Languages
I've seen there are 11 Languages in the wiki; Deutsch, Español, Français, Magyar, Italiano, 日本語, 한국어, Nederlands, Polski, Português do Brasil, Русский & 中文 but in Minecraft there are 66. I'd like to add a language, Euskara, which is also in minecraft. Camareri (talk) 09:31, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- All languages that are in-progress but have not gained their own sub-domain are listed in Minecraft Wiki:Projects. If your language isn't there, start a project! Lennbot (talk - contributions) 10:48, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- Just follow this link and put all necessary information, such as language, extension, etc, and then start translating. To make a translation of cobblestone, got to Cobblestone/ba(or other extension) , copy-paste in everything on the Cobblestone page, and start translating. Lennbot (talk - contributions) 13:17, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
You recently worked on an article, would you like to...
Is there any way to disable this? For me, it's needless and annoying and it blocks part of the screen when I'm on mobile. J192 14:25, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- Smash the never again button. If it doesn't go away, disable it in the misc tab of your preferences. –Matt ᐸ Talk
Contribs ⎜ 15:02, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- The "Never Again" button didn't work, although I did manage to disable it at my preferences, how come I didn't notice it there? J192 14:11, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
How to make endless logs?
Im new to minecraft wiki so yea but I was on hypixel's server the other day and the trees didn't have like the middle bit, it was like an endless log, how do I make these???? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Boriscool33 (talk • contribs) 08:37, 11 November 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
/setblock <x> <y> <z> log [12-15]or
/setblock <x> <y> <z> log2 [12-13]. -- Orthotopetalk 08:52, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
"Your browser either has JS disabled or does not have any supported player."
I have been able to see sound players on the Minecraft Wiki, but recently it has stopped working. An example is the page
where I do not see any of the players. I see the message
When I select to get a player I get told that Chrome has native support for it.
- Project:Gamepedia migration issues#Soundbuttons. The wiki is trying to use a version of the extension for a newer version of mediawiki, so it's broken. –Matt ᐸ Talk
Contribs ⎜ 00:19, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
I keep getting failed to bad login and I dont know why!!
I have the full version of Minecraft, but when I try to join one of my friends Volts Server it keeps saying Failed to bad login I dont know why... I need help on this please!–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Native12345 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Try closing Minecraft, logging all the way out, and logging back in. That should fix it. Meeples10t ~ c 21:22, 23 November 2013 (UTC)
this weeks snapshot is out, please update the main page accordingly!- StarHorder 16:00, 5 December 2013 (UTC)