|This page is only for discussing the Minecraft page.
Below are some common links to help you before you post.
- 1 Proofreading
- 2 Remove Redirect
- 3 Renovation
- 4 Copyright thing doesn't work.
- 5 Edit?
- 6 Code freeze should read feature freeze
- 7 Minecraft EDU
- 8 Typo
- 9 Minecraft $
- 10 Requirements
- 11 The cool game of the year
- 12 Minecraft Xbox 360
- 13 Jar Filesize
- 14 Suggestion
- 15 Platform(s) Pi Edition
- 16 Protected?
- 17 Request for Comment: Branch off the PC version to Minecraft PC
- 18 Cooperation with Sony
- 19 can be played in the user's web browser
- 20 Loud request about an account
- 21 Previous versions are available through the new launcher to paid users
- 22 logo change
- 23 Fix needed
- 24 Fix
- 25 Minecraft Retro City Rampage Reference
- 26 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The article is greatly lacking in substantive/valuable information, but I went through and fixed several grammar and spelling related blunders to improve the formality of the article. Authors should consider proofreading in the future. Cholo71796 04:46, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
I will check for more errors, Cholo. I belive people shuld proofread, too. I might even proofread the WHOLE WIKI! TexasMike10
This page should be an article, not a redirect to the Main Page. It should explain the concepts of Minecraft and a brief history. Something like wikipedia:Minecraft, although we will have to rewrite it to fit this Wiki.
If you need to see how we should write this article, look here:
So as you can see, it's mostly what our Gameplay article was about, until now that it has became more about the Game Modes. The Gameplay article should redirect to here. --Scykei 06:03, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- It's a redirect to the main page because the main page contains all that description of the game. "Minecraft is a sandbox construction game, inspired by Infiniminer" and so forth. There is a redundancy in offering the information on both -- one version could lag. If there were enough information that we wanted to provide that it would not fit on the main page, then I would agree it would be appropriate to split the information off here, leaving only a summary there. --Eskay 00:07, 29 November 2010 (CST)
- Don't know if it's too early but maybe it should have some sort of fancy redesign? :P Have all sorts of polls, did you knows, featured articles/images, oh my! :D --Scykei 00:21, 29 November 2010 (CST)
This is the Minecraft Wiki, I am surprised the minecraft article is a stub. It would be much better to have a better in depth history of the game with pictures and such. Maybe a separate page for the History of Minecraft should be considered. Also talking a little bit of game play, and goals (or the joys of not having goals) in Minecraft. The Up coming versions for Android, iOS, and Xbox, Multilayer game play, and Other aspects of the game and the community surrounding this game would give someone unfamiliar a glimpse of what a unique and great game this is. --Tgpqaz 21:08, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- Sounds like a fine idea to me. Write it! --Eskay 03:37, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
Noticed A lot of Articles and other things don't refer back here, also, maybe there should be a separate Minecraft (Computer) to reflect the platform explanation of the game, while this one would sum up general minecraft gameplay, history, and different platforms. Edit:I've
doubled tripled the size of the article.--Tgpqaz 17:14, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
Yay!!! Now its not a stub! The way it should be(By which i mean it shouldn't be a stub).--Tgpqaz 22:39, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
- Funny thing is, Notch actually preferred the old article. http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/81867527868792832 –ultradude25 (T|C) at 03:01, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- Wow, huh, well, I thought it was good idea.... --Tgpqaz 04:10, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- As I stated above I wanted to improve the article, and make it a detailed overview of the game instead of the two paragraph stub that it was a few days ago. This article should be a central part of the wiki, not a stub. I tried to fix my mistakes, but my goal was to set a framework for a great article. I respect notch, even if he preferred the old article but I'm happy with my work. If someone wants to redo everything, be my guest, as long as the end result is a solid, comprehensive, detailed article on Minecraft, similar to the Wikipedia article on Minecraft, but suited to this wiki with more details on how the game is played.--Tgpqaz 15:41, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
Minecraft is unique in many ways. So we should make this article unique. To do that, we could add things like special polls for major events, such as polls for the minecraft 1.3 update. TexasMike10
Copyright thing doesn't work.
It says "The file public/copyright does not exist " when I went to the page. Can we have this fixed or is this the actual license? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 15:31, 16 September 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Yea it seems they removed that page... Maybe that link should be removed on this page--Tgpqaz 17:44, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
- Some of the pages on that site are strangely missing, they probably will fix it--Tgpqaz 17:50, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
Well towards the bottom it says that it's sold over 3 million copies, but since Minecraft just hit 4 million shouldn't it be changed? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 21:41, 7 November 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Sure. And for continuity purposes, new subjects on talk pages go on the bottom of the page. --Saphireking65 21:43, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
It still mentions Google play as "Android market"
220.127.116.11 17:38, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
Code freeze should read feature freeze
A code freeze means no changes on the code which would prohibit bug fixes. What is actually meant is a feature freeze where only existing features are improved and no new features are introduced. --18.104.22.168 –The preceding undated comment was added on 16:45, 11 November 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Near the bottom of the page there are "other versions of minecraft" listed. It have Minecraft 4k and the PC Demo listed, should Minecraft EDU be included? It is a version of minecraft.. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Throex (Talk|Contribs) 01:37, 14 November 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Minecraft EDU is a mod/server/external program. It uses the same version of minecraft and just modifies it, it isn't its own version. (Also it's 3rd party) –ultradude25 (T|C) at 02:15, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
Hi, found a typo: "se the Lightweight Java Gaming Libary (LWJGL)" The word "library" is misspelled, but I can't change it myself. Thanks. 22.214.171.124 18:34, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
Is $26.95. --126.96.36.199 00:32, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
I posted a suggestion at Talk:Hardware performance#Requirements to add system requirements to either the Minecraft article or to Talk:Hardware performance. The Android Pocket Edition article has requirements, so I feel the PC version should too. -Aurelius 20:03, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
The cool game of the year
Minecraft Xbox 360
In the 'Future' section there is another part about the upcoming Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. It there it states that it shall be released on Winter 2011, although that can't be true because it is now February 2012! O_o –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (Talk) 12:19, 15 February 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
As Xbox has been released, shouldn't it be moved into the current versions of Minecraft? And shouldn't it appear under platforms in the top sidebar?Eeddgg 04:38, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
It's actually 3.81 MB --184.108.40.206 21:57, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
Someone recently deleted the old SMP image; i understand the reason for needing to update it, but may i suggest a comparison instead of a replacement? Say, have the images one on top of another? Trigger hurt 14:25, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
Platform(s) Pi Edition
Is this page protected for editing? I cant edit. If so, remove the protection or use the protected template. If not, I CAN'T EDIT! Eeddgg 04:33, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, the page is partially protected. You must be autoconfirmed (link) in order to edit it. You should see a notice when you open the edit page. This partial protection has been in effect for over a year and a half and will very likely not go away. A partial protection also does not require a protection notice template. That's not really a requirement anyways since any page can be protected for any reason and for any amount of time.
—Kanegasi ☺C10:06, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
Request for Comment: Branch off the PC version to Minecraft PC
Since this page is just about Minecraft in general, that means that the PC version should be given its own home at Minecraft PC. However, I'd like to clear that up with everyone. Is this ok? Basically, if moved, the non-PC areas of the page will be deleted, and the leftover article will be used, while the current page (Minecraft) will be used as the franchise page, with all the versions being equally represented. This would also benefit the main page, because the main page links to this page (and there's more to Minecraft than just PC...). --Jeffw (talk) (contribs) 21:14, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
Agree A lazy agree- May change later. -Creepergoboom64 22:05, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
Cooperation with Sony
Breaking News! Minecraft for PS3, PS4 and PSVita! https://twitter.com/MojangSupport/status/369929802897047552 ILeon ᐸ Talk
Contribs - de.Wiki Admin 21:21, 20 August 2013 (UTC)
- Already implemented it in the sidebar @ platforms :) And we already have all the pages (Main, Upcoming features and version history). -- TheWombatGuru t | c NL Admin 21:24, 20 August 2013 (UTC)
can be played in the user's web browser
What does it mean when it says, "Singleplayer and multiplayer, when purchased, can be played in the user's web browser, or using the downloadable launcher"?
Is it referring to that limited classic version on the website or something? But that doesn't apply to multiplayer and... well, it seems quite confusing. 220.127.116.11 17:29, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
Loud request about an account
GUYS IM HAVING A HARD TIME MAKING A MINECRAFT ACCOUNT COULD YOU SHOW ME HOW OR TELL ME HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
(unsigned, from Scorpionrules6554, 18:32, 16 November 2013)
Hi. No need to shout.
Previous versions are available through the new launcher to paid users
in the 'edit profile' menu of the new launcher, previous versions of minecraft down to what appears to be classic or maybe indev are available.
The windows logo needs to be changed to the post-2012 version
In the wiki, it says that "all other versions except for classic are now unavailable." With the new launcher, you can play every version except for Survival Test.
In the awards section, this line is wrong: Rock Paper Scissor's "Game of the Year" It should be Shotgun, not Scissor's. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 15:36, 5 July 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Minecraft Retro City Rampage Reference
In The game Retro City Rampage Steve is a playable character unlocked by going in a warp pipe that takes you to the minecraft universe. Think this should be added. 22.214.171.124 19:26, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
In that TV series, specifically in episode 5 of its first season, it was mentioned that a hacker made zombie pigmen for Minecraft (the series is set in Marvel Cinematic Universe, a reality that drastically differs from ours). Is this enough to warrant a mention in Minecraft#References in popular culture? — Agent Nick the Red37 (talk · contribs) f.k.a. Naista2002 16:39, 17 February 2015 (UTC)