|The following rules are in effect for this talk page.
Continued violations will result in further action.
1. Herobrine is not real.
Topics and posts saying otherwise will be removed.
2. Discussing the fact that he is not real is pointless.
This includes responding to posts breaking #1. These will be removed as well.
3. Do not post stories.
This is a wiki talk page, not a forum. We are dedicated to fact checking and adding further developments, not to indulge in roleplay or ghost stories.
4. Suggestions and ideas to change who he is, how he acts, or other aspects of Herobrine cannot be honored.
The Minecraft Wiki treats the original image and the Brocast livestreams as the only canonical sources.
The Herobrine page was created to document an extremely popular community phenomenon created by an anonymous player and recognized by Mojang.
Herobrine was never real and spamming this talk page saying otherwise is a disservice to the community.
|Any changes can be subjected on the editcopy page.|
 Random short Herobrine segment...
There's a show in Australia called Good Game Spawn Point, and they have these segments called "Ask Good Game" where users can ask questions about games.
In the most recent one, someone asked about the story of Herborine. The story is at http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/goodgamesp/transcripts/s3792041.htm.
The question is asked at 4:07. The actual story of Herobirne starts at about 5:02, and goes until 7:18-ish. Maybe this could be a rather silly idea for one? Just throwing it out there. — t numbermaniac c 00:53, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- That's actually almost word-for-word the image story. If it wasn't a branded video from a TV network, that robot segment would be perfect for the article, especially because of the short Minecraft reenactment they added. Sorry for not seeing this earlier.
—Kanegasi ☺C12:10, 5 July 2013 (UTC)
 Herobrine removed in 1.6
This is the 1.6 update change-log (from http://mojang.com/, posted by Jens Bergensten on 6/25/13):
Added Horses Added Donkeys, Mules Added Horse Armor Added Leads Added Carpets Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay Added Block of Coal Added Name Tags (item) Added Hay Bales Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter Removed Herobrine As a joke. Not really removed.
--22.214.171.124 15:16, 28 June 2013 (UTC)
I've also seen "Removed Herobrine" on other versions such as 1.5, and 1.4. I'm assuming that for every update that starts with 1. it will say that. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:31, 10 July 2013(UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Sign your posts. Fred071202 21:26, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
- Sign your posts. Fred071202 21:26, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
So, just for clarity, Herobrine is not real, unless you install a mod, and all viewers of him were viewing a seed, mod, or glitch? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by MegaMinecraftWuvvvvver (talk • contribs) 23:21, 10 July 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Yes; any reported 'sightings' are the result of mods, custom texture packs, custom skins, and/or just making it up. -- Orthotope talk 23:37, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- Ok thanks!--MegaMinecraftWuvvvvver 16:52, 13 July 2013 (UTC)
- "Removed Herobrine" is a joke for notch to put in, when he says that he means that he removed some of the coding for the human mob.
 Herobrine reference in the end credits?
That line at the end of the strange talk or whatever, that says "Wake Up" Is that a reference to the Herobrine hoax? --188.8.131.52 22:02, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Well, it is actually most likely a coincidence of having that "WAKE UP" reference in both The End poem and the Herobrine Brocraft hoax. I don't know which happened first but I'm sure it's something that we don't need to scratch our heads about. --TeleMinecrafter 16:55, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- I discussed this with the poem's creator. He did not add this due to Herobrine. --Kizzycocoa 17:02, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
 Herobrine as Player Heads
Herobrine himself doesn't exist, but its head may be obtainable in vanilla Mincraft 1.7 through editing the NBT tag. Mojang has created an account, MHF_Herobrine, for keeping Herobrine's head available. Wbxshiori (talk) 07:52, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
- There is also the Herobrine account (a regular player) which has the same skin. —Fenhl 07:54, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
- I know it. Herobrine is a player account, but MHF_Herobrine is an official account, totally official. Wbxshiori (talk) 08:08, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
There is a Zombie Herobrine skin in skin pack 3, maybe the myth comes from a troll someone played on their friends by putting on the skin and hiding in a cave. 184.108.40.206 11:22, 30 November 2013 (UTC)
 Update needed of changelog.
See title. Herobrine has been added once again with the releasenotes, this time at Minecraft 1.7.2. See the releasenotes here and as well trough the launcher (which ofcourse shows that same Tumblr page). As well I have a question about the protection of this page. It's already been fully protected for any other edits than those of the admins since 2011. Is it maybe worth trying with edit=autoconfimerd and move=sysop? Maybe then it was a hype, I don't think it still is to be honest. Regards, DdgMC (talk) 20:51, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- Edit: see Herobrine/editcopy too for the change if needed/required. --DdgMC (talk) 20:57, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
We could add sightings of Herobrine as they are important, if not, at least interesting. - Mchest83 · · 07:14, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- All 'sightings' are fake or caused by mods, so they are neither important nor interesting. -- Orthotopetalk 10:48, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
 Minecon Goodie Bag
Could the original Herobrine video by Brocraft be a reference to an old glitch in pre-classic? There was a glitch that made human mobs have white eyes (I was playing an early version of Minecraft earlier). Meeples10t ~ c 23:06, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
- The video/stream was inspired by the creepypasta image. Whether or not the creepypasta image is related to the human mobs remains a mystery, since the version on the screenshot doesn't exist and there's absolutely no way of proving or knowing who made the image. There is nothing ingame even remotely related to Herobrine.
—Kanegasi ☺C23:17, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
- The glitch I mentioned is a normal lighting glitch, it just makes human mobs seem to have white eyes. The body flashes dark, and the head flashes light, so the off-white eyes seem to turn white. The "pupils" on the skin turn light enough that they are nearly invisible. Meeples10t ~ c 11:40, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
- Because it doesn't exist; the version number on the creepypasta image was edited. -- Orthotopetalk 03:59, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
 Strange thing about Herobrine being a ghost in the community...
I found it strange that in the community, Herobrine is portrayed as the ghost of a dead miner, however, how he died, or his personality before his death is not referred to, I made my own story with these, but I'm not posting it, what do you think, is his death story strange not to be referred to, or does it not need to be?