|The following rules are in effect for this talk page.
Continued violations will result in further action.
1. Herobrine is not real.
Topics and posts saying otherwise will be removed.
2. Discussing the fact that he is not real is pointless.
This includes responding to posts breaking #1. These will be removed as well.
3. Do not post stories.
This is a wiki talk page, not a forum. We are dedicated to fact checking and adding further developments, not to indulge in roleplay or ghost stories.
4. Suggestions and ideas to change who he is, how he acts, or other aspects of Herobrine cannot be honored.
The Minecraft Wiki treats the original image and the Brocast livestreams as the only canonical sources.
The Herobrine page was created to document an extremely popular community phenomenon created by an anonymous player and recognized by Mojang.
Herobrine was never real and spamming this talk page saying otherwise is a disservice to the community.
|Any changes can be subjected on the editcopy page.|
On the part where it says:
|“||When asked about audio player implementation in the wiki, and limits of what could be uploaded, C418 replied to Herobrine claims relating to disc 11. He stated that he cannot say a lot about 11, but that it is not anything to do with Herobrine.||„|
- Added in this edit; I believe the source is a private conversation, but you'd have to ask Kizzycocoa for details. -- Orthotopetalk 03:15, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, it was an IRC conversation between C418 and myself. He said the disc is completely unrelated.
- He could have retroactively changed his mind since to alter the "canon" of this disc, but when I talked to him, he was very clear with me. I regret that I don't have any solid source, but I had a vested interest in this page, and sought to make it professional and truthful, without letting it devolve like it had done so many times beforehand.
- I'd advise someone try to collect a more recent comment on disc 11 to reinforce this point, and to gather a public source. --Kizzycocoa 01:22, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
I part of the page, it says that the pronunciation is "hero brine". Is the e pronounced like in "feet", or like in "egg"? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Contrapple (talk • contribs) at 21:44, 18 March 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The way it is broken states it is pronounced like the same words would be read, as such "hero" as you would hero. Also note that others pronounce it "hiro", which is the same as the short "e" sound, making it a useless change if they were the same. –KnightMiner t/c 22:00, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
In the second trivia piece, it is stated that "They have not visited either Minecon using the Herobrine username, due to their lack of a cloak texture.". If this is to remain here, 'either' should be replaced with 'any' or similar. --Illidicia (t+c) 19:25, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
Underneath the list of changelogs Herobrine has been removed in it says:
|“||Herobrine has not been "removed" in any snapshot version to date.||„|
1.9 and 1.10
- What do you mean? Herobrine never existed. 02:54, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
Deletion of Page
I was browsing the wiki, and decided to go to the [minecraft.gamepedia.com/Entity_303 Entity 303] page. I noticed it was deleted, because it violated Rule #19 (now Rule #4): no hoaxes/legends. This definitely falls under that category, and thus I believe it should be deleted. TySkyo (Talk•Contribs) 17:11, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
Strongly oppose. Did you clearly see the top of the talk page? -BDJP (t|c) 17:46, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
Brocraft Stream Footage found?
Curious, I decided to try and search for the original Brocraft stream, and I found a video on YouTube which shows what seems to be exactly this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LXE-FKSv8c Is this legitimate footage? The sound was taken out and replaced with just creepy ambience, and the footage was only of the Herobrine sighting and nothing else, but I do believe this was the original footage. It even included a part at the end which wasn't documented anywhere: The streamer running out of the room, and straight into a lava pool, where he turns around right before dying to see Herobrine again, watching him. Someone might wanna add this into the page somewhere. ISmile02 (talk) 06:27, 25 September 2016 (UTC)
The Changelogs section needs updating for 1.11. As far as I know, the removal of Herobrine was only mentioned in the tumblr feed, viewed via the launcher (same as 1.7.2 etc.). – DelboyDylan (talk|contribs) 19:25, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
Found two poor copies of the stream
I found two poor copies of the stream on Youtube, however they are of poor quality and without sound. An original copy is yet to be found, still.
Here are the links:
- For an admin to add an interwiki, they must know the name of the page. Since most of them probably do not speak Japanese, you will need to provide a link on this talk page that they can copy and paste. 23:58, 26 April 2017 (UTC)