The end
I think there should be a text at the trivia that notch eventually plans to create an end-dimension which will be the home of endermen and another mob. –The preceding unsigned comment was added by KazujaXYZ (Talk|Contribs) Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Will do --HexZyle 06:32, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
- Done. It seemed too important to place in trivia so i put it at the top of the page (because it's part of development, is cited, and is an important and publicly hot piece of information) --HexZyle 06:37, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
Okay, it doesn't matter for me if one the top or in the trivia. Though your argument is valid. KazujaXYZ
The end was put in, and the "other mob" mentioned is the Enderdragon, the first boss mob. This is for people with minecraft versions before the end was added. Miraklemax 00:16, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
There is an inappropriate image at the bottom of this page. I am unable to remove it due to being a new user and it being a large edit...
- resolved. Sorry I missed it first time round, not sure how :D --Kerotan 16:13, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
I saw it too; I don't understand why someone would want to put a Slenderman on here. Seriously, I know a 5-year-old who reads this page!Miraklemax 22:26, 5 July 2013 (UTC)
Well,Slenderman is related to Endermen,so its ok.--HerobrineIsAwsome 22:21, 30 May 2013 (UTC)
Well, it turns out it was a screenshot of modded minecraft, so after I removed it the user just put it back in, smaller. I decided I would just leave it after this.Miraklemax 22:26, 5 July 2013 (UTC)
 Teleporting limits
I'm trying to build a dark room, and I'm having a hard time finding any data on the limits of the Enderman's ability to teleport. Specifically, I have 2 questions:
- 1) The limit of the Enderman's ability to teleport, horizontally and vertically. I'm especially looking for vertical, as I have seen less testing towards that end. I have seen tests to confirm horizontal of at least 31 blocks, and I have seen myself 20 vertically.
- 2) Any block that is confirmed to prevent telporting on to. I can confirm right now that they can teleport onto half slabs, btw.
Any information would be appreciated, as well as beneficial to the wiki. Thank you.Pakratt0013 14:01, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
There is a video on youtube enderman teleport science or something. it shows that they only teleport 32 blocks. And that they can teleport to any blok as long as there is 3 spaces of air above it, except when there is water on it. (they also teleport to 1/2stone, air , air, air). On our multiplayer server we made a mob tower and enderman wont even escape the water at the bottom if they have nowhere togo. we made everything 2high or filled with water.
35+(x trap 40)+35
35+(z trap 40)+35
35+(y trap 40)+35 <at bedrock saves work :)
I even looked in the decompiled code and there is a number 32 in one of the methods so :).
I can also confirm that they can teleport onto half slabs (half slabs prevent spawning, not teleporting). I'm going to make that change now. -NoLemurs 17:18, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- I'm currently testing what blocks allow teleportation. I'm spawning Endermen on one block and the only available teleportation location is a block of the same type. Confirmed that they can teleport to/from:
- Cacti (this was placed on sand on glass. Sometimes they grabbed the cacti)
- Half Slabs
- Fences (although most of the time they didn't land on the fence and fell to their doom...)
- Enchantment tables
- Please test if they can teleport onto blocks with signs, paintings,Item Frames or onto carpets and the such in a 3X(x) area without the carpet. I cant imagine why not but still worth looking into and who knows, maybe there's an artistic way to get Endermen to stay outside ^.^.--Purple Spy (talk) 21:15, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
 james the awsome dude wants...
he wants a picture of a enderman with mycilim. they cant hold that! so what do i do???Scarecrow1000 20:52, 26 February 2012 (UTC)scarecrow1000
i did a little test where i forced ~500 endermen to disect a house, and they do it often at 500 endermen. heres my suggestion: -make a flatland world on creative -place bunch of mycelium in one focused area -using single player commands or spawn eggs, spawn about 5 endermen at night. they will pick up the mycelium, but may teleport away (their method of despawning) when the sun rises, so hurry!22.214.171.124 20:37, 28 July 2012 (UTC)
 Get Rid of Enderman permanently?
I really dont like enderman he keeps moving all the blocks around in a skyscraper i am trying to build it is messing up my entire landscape too is it possible to permanently get rid of enderman? if so how?–Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (Talk|Contribs) 19:27, 26 May 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Either switch to peaceful difficulty, or check the forum for a mod that lets you control which mobs can spawn. -- Orthotope 01:24, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- Endermen still move blocks at peaceful. OTOH, kill the endermen that are there and spawn a bunch of other MOBs in a small dedicated space. Once the number exceeds something...don't remember how many exactly, mobs cease spawning in the area. 188.8.131.52 11:08, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- Only some blocks can be broken by endermen. HotdogPi ⑬㊲ 00:11, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
- WAAH. WAAAAH.
 Building on the top of the map
can endermen place blocks on the top of the map (maximum hight level)? 184.108.40.206 20:59, 2 August 2012 (UTC)
Probably. If Enderman can place cacti on dirt, then they could place blocks on top of the map. Though it should be confirmed.Jimmyoakmeister 23:32, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
suppose I will be doing ender-tests (pun intended)also if endermen are able to put a cactus on dirt can they place it next to blocks like more cacti. also there is fan fiction on the wiki I am gonna remove that. see ya when the tests are done Kieranfishing 08:45, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
 Mushroom island?
They say that hostile mobs don't spawn on mushroom islands, so a lot of adventure maps change all the biome data to mushroom islands. then only mobs spawned from spawners and dispensers can be spawned, right? Well, I was playing and adventure map and found loads of endermen (and it was a mushroom island biome). Do they spawn naturally even in mushroom islands? or were they spawned by the map creator?
Maybe the map creator or the endermen teleported there. --User:JulleO o 00:14, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
- Keyword *hostile*. Endermen are neutral. 220.127.116.11 10:59, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
Technically Zombie Pigmen are the same in that case; person above me. If Peaceful will prevent it's spawning and/or despawn then it shouldn't spawn in Mushroom Islands. Please if you still have questions on this bring it over to the Mushroom Island/ Biomes talk page if you haven't already.
 Endermen on Fire Test
I noticed that when Endermen are out in the open and catch on fire, they immediately teleport away. However, when in an enclosed space that they can fit in, they will stay for a while even while ignited before teleporting away. This buys the player time to kill the enderman if they want to dispatch Endermen with a sword that has a Fire Aspect enchantment on it to get their experience. However, if you are outside and the Enderman is near more air blocks, he immediately teleports away. This is from what I've seen. Can anyone else confirm this? --Smart Person 17:52, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
 Floating eyes (bug?)
I was in creative today and hit this enderman with an invisibility potion, and I was like "What the-?" because there were these two purple eyes floating 3 blocks off the ground and this block floating 1 block off the ground. Is this because the body and eyes are separate pictures? Miraklemax 14:03, 16 February 2013 (UTC)
- Oh my GOD that is so bad---. I hope that is never "fixed."--18.104.22.168 01:26, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
- I took a screenshot of that.
 Changed in 1.5?
Since updating to 1.5, Endermen seem to behave different, but I don't see any mention of them being changed in the release notes. They don't seem as aggressive, and now flee when hurt. I needed one more ender eye to fix the end portal, so I went on an enderman hunt. I saw one on a ledge of a ravine. There was no way to get to it, so I stared at him. He growled, then teleported away never to be seen again. A few minutes later I saw a couple in the distance, rather than go to them, I looked at one to get it to come to me. It growled, teleported closer, then teleported again, but I never saw it again. I decided to just go attack his friend, but after I hit it once, it teleported away and never came back. This went on for a couple of more Minecraft nights before I finally was able to kill one. --jimnms 22:46, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
He probably landed in water or something like that, or teleported out to the sun. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth fighting an enderman in a ravine is a pain more often than not for me :3 --Purple Spy (talk) 21:17, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
 Just noticed
I just noticed that on the trivia section it said that you can't see water through Endermen's open mouths twice. Is that meant, or should someone fix it? Thanks! 22.214.171.124 04:04, 21 April 2013 (UTC)
Thank you! 126.96.36.199 04:44, 21 April 2013 (UTC)
 Endermen Won't Teleport If They Can't Teleport
Could/should it be added that when they hit water, Endermen won't try to teleport if there's no place nearby that they could go to? Instead they simply wade in the water and take damage until they die. Easy way to test this is to make a custom Superflat world with the Water World preset. Then make a line of dirt, etc. up to the surface, and start spawning Endermen and pushing them off. --188.8.131.52 21:52, 5 July 2013 (UTC)
That won't test it effectively. Create a hole with 40 layers (i know that's excessive but still why not 40 is a round number) around it in each direction and put water, lava, or fire at the bottom. This would be an effective test... anyone want to try it i'm too lazy. Purple Spy (talk) 19:23, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
 What do they teleport through?
I'm trying to create a mob research base, and want to know what endermen can and can't teleport through. Thanks.--184.108.40.206 19:39, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- I think all they can't teleport through is bedrock. I've seen them teleport through obsidian, and almost everything else. Meeples10t ~ c 23:08, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
Darn it.--HeliosUltra 12:26, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- That's true, but Endermen CANNOT TELEPORT if they are standing on Soul Sand. I know all there is to know on this topic. I study them for a living. Enderderp572 (talk) 00:51, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
 Look or Look
On one page i heard that all you have to do to provoke a Enderman was to look at it in any way. Another page i read said that if you stare at its lower torso it will stand still and flinch. Can anyone help me here?!?!?!
So in my new minecraft world (for getting achievements) I'm in my Stairway/staircase mineshaft and It's nighttime butwhen I try to go out I realise there's an enderman blocking my way out please help I don't want to kill it (It's just too cute(JK)) but I Want Some MobLoot just not enderpearls. Signed Diamondminer3000 08:04, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Look down and run through it fast, but DO NOT PAUSE halfway through its body. That ends up in almost certain death. Meeples10t ~ c 11:05, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- That can work, though it'll be better if you can manage "past" rather than "through". Water or fire would be a better option: For water, make sure the entrance to your stair is "sealed off" with ladders, fences, and/or signs (so the water doesn't just run down instead of out), then dump water at the top, so it flows onto the Enderman. If they're above the level of your stair entrance, you may need to make a flow/pool where you are, retreat to the back or middle, then provoke the Enderman so it comes into the water. (Be warned, you need 3 blocks of water around you, and you still may take a hit or two.) A flint-and-steel can be used in much the same way -- that takes more nerve, but once it's on fire, it'll forget about you. --Mental Mouse 11:23, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
 Enderman suicide
If a Enderman creates a Iron Golem by placing a pumpkin, will the Golem attack the Enderman or not? User:220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 13:22, 28 March 2014 (UTC) I would say probably, because if a mob creates a golem, it is basically the same as a naturally spawned village golem,which is that it will attack any threatening entity since a player didn't make it. Enderizz (talk) 16:06, 10 May 2014 (UTC) thanks! 22.214.171.124 13:43, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
 Enderman not always so great at pathfinding? 1.7.9
I have a base in an extreme hills biome I built off the edge of a cliff (approx. Y:110) I made a safe place to fight Endermen from and started provoking them by staring at them down on the ground. I heard their angry noise and then they tried to teleport to me but instead were zooming around down on the ground below me like they couldn't figure out how to get up as high as I was(ground roughly Y:70). What causes this? Is there a limit to how many vertical blocks they will teleport?
Could this be caused by the fact that I was on a 4 block wide path out the side of my base w/ cobble wall fence (so really only 2 blocks wide). How many times do they check for somewhere close to you to teleport to before settling for somewhere so far away?--126.96.36.199 07:53, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
 Easy killing strategy
I found that if you throw Poison II (16 seconds), you can stop an Enderman from teleporting more than 3-7 blocks (and takes continual damage) and then if you hit him once or twice with a diamond sword with Thorns III, Respiration III and Sharpness V he will die. After one or two hits, MAX. When you throw the potion, I recommend wait at least 5 seconds for best result
- Please use 4 ~s (Shift and the key to the left of 1) at the end to sign so we know who you are.
- Why Respiration and Thorns? Those are armor enchantments, no? If you are doing what i think you're doing (using /Enchant or creative, or maybe mods) you can just add a /effect to yourself and increase strength insanely, like max multiplier, and kill whatever you want then. Purple Spy (talk) 19:20, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
 Hidden phrase
We know about the Idle, but what about the other sounds?
- Hit1 = "Ugh!"
- Hit2 = "Oof!"
- Hit3 = Beep
- Hit4 = "Bah!"
- Scream1 = "Where are you?!"
- Scream2 = growl
- Scream3 = whistle
- Scream4 = "Culprit!"