- 1 New info
- 2 Sometimes no fall damage from teleporting
- 3 5 points fall damage?
- 4 Crafting recipe
- 5 What happens when you teleport
- 6 Teleportation and Fire
- 7 Teleport trick
- 8 wolves
- 9 Feather Falling
- 10 Lose Ender Pearls?
- 11 Stacking Fall Damage
- 12 Ender Pearls are programmed to be unusable on Creative
- 13 Possible use of an Ender Pearl
- 14 What is the Ender Pearl?
- 15 Is it really useful for this though?
- 16 Grammar and clarification needed
- 17 Distance limits, speed?
- 18 Usage in multiplayer
- 19 Weird animation when you hit a villager with an ender pearl.
New info[edit source]
Notch confirms that Ender Pearls have a use now! -Sujamma 10:01, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- It says "falling damage". So if you block when teleporting, you should be able to reduce the damage. Weird. --HexZyle 15:51, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
Sometimes no fall damage from teleporting[edit source]
Occasionally when teleporting with my hacked in enderpearls I suffer no fall damage. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (Talk) 23:37, 30 September 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
5 points fall damage?[edit source]
"will result in 5 falling damage." Does this translate into 2.5 hearts or 5 hearts? I tested this and (making sure my hunger bar was less than 90%) got the result of THREE hearts. I tested again with full hunger and as I teleported I instantly healed a bit to make it SEEM like it was 2.5 hearts. A third test showed that blocking does not reduce the damage. -Lirsti --188.8.131.52 07:22, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- No, it is 5 points, which translates to 2.5 hearts. Blocking does not prevent fall damage as of 1.9pre-2. (because that was a bug) --HexZyle 10:41, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
That extra point of damage was probably suffocation damage (if you hit a wall). Anrza 18:08, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Crafting recipe[edit source]
I would make this minor and productive change myself, but I don't have an account on this wiki. I would like to reverse the order of the items listed on the left hand side of the crafting table thing, as well as complete the recipe. Not only would it stop bothering people with OCD, but it would be more clear anyway. It should be "Ender Pearl + Blaze Powder = Eye of Ender" Thanks. 184.108.40.206 14:54, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
What happens when you teleport[edit source]
I'm not sure if this happens every time, but once I teleported with my Ender Pearl, it vanished. If this does happen every time, I think this should be added to the page.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (Talk|Contribs) 15:39, 21 November 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- You... you must be trolling. You HAVE to be trolling. No one could be this stupid. --Saphireking65 16:29, 21 November 2011 (UTC)~
Were you maybe in creative? You wouldn't teleport then, and it would seem as if it disappeared, if you didn't see it fly away. Anrza 18:10, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Teleportation and Fire[edit source]
I believe that using an ender pearl to teleport clears the on-fire status imparted by touching lava. I accidentally touched some lava while in the Nether, panicked, and thought I'd see if this would work (Hardcore game). I teleported, took the normal teleport damage, was no longer on fire, and survived. I'm pretty sure that touching lava in the nether is typically lethal (even moreso if you also take the 2.5 hearts of damage from the pearl), so this would be a decent way to survive. --Samiamthelaw 17:20, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Edit: tested - doesn't work Samiamthelaw 19:36, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
Teleport trick[edit source]
If you throw an enderpearl at a distance while going through a nether portal (so you teleport to the nether before the pearl lands), you will be warped to a different location after entering the nether. Might work with the end too. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Cutmanmike (Talk|Contribs) 00:38, 5 December 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Tested this and it only works on a server with someone else in the same realm as the enderpearl. Also works when throwing enderpearl in the nether.
if you hit a wolve with an ender peral it will become angry. this is especaly dangorus on peacfull mode. 18.104.22.168 16:24, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
- Hardly a surprise. Wolves tend to turn hostile if you throw things at them... DreadLindwyrm 16:36, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
Feather Falling[edit source]
I wanted to ask if using boots with feather falling reduces the damage taken by ender pearl teleporting since the damage is classified as 'falling damage' Donuts42 10:43, 31 December 2011 (UTC)
- Just tested it using single player commands, made an enchanted feather falling 4 boots. it seems to have a large effect, reducing to .5 and sometimes even 0 hearts of damage. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 17:47, 3 January 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Yea, it goes as fall damage. Feather falling decreases it, and plugins detect it as fall damage. Anrza 18:13, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Lose Ender Pearls?[edit source]
Im not sure but i wanted to know if I throw the ender pearl, will I lose it? I didnt find it on the page so yea I dont hav an account though 126.96.36.199 22:40, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
- That seems to be the case. Adding it to the page. —Fenhl 20:31, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Stacking Fall Damage[edit source]
Since the damage from teleporting is classified as fall damage, does this stack with your current accumulated fall damage? For example, say you fall off a cliff and throw an ender pearl up to the top off the cliff, and you teleport before hitting the ground, would you take the fall damage accumulated during your fall when you teleported in addition to the fall damage from teleporting, or does your fall damage get reset to 5? NighttimeDriver50000 01:22, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- If you fall from any distance, and throw a pearl and the pearl hits an object before you do, your velocity gets reset immediately after you take the 5 initial damage. Practically this means that if you're falling from a fatal height, throwing the pearl at any object will prevent your death, so long as it hits before you do.
- However, at max fall speed you will fall more rapidly than the pearl, somewhat negating the usefulness of this tactic. 188.8.131.52 08:27, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
Ender Pearls are programmed to be unusable on Creative[edit source]
It's explicit on the code. So, it's not a bug.
Possible use of an Ender Pearl[edit source]
I think that if you get 4 ender pearls and 5 obsidian blocks you should be able to craft a teleporter which you power with red stone to link two or more teleporters together so that when you use one you can teleport to another teleporter with no damage
- Do you have proof, 184.108.40.206? No!
- Don't post something like this if you're not sure about it!
- Datenegassie 14:58, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
What is the Ender Pearl?[edit source]
Do we have any idea what the pearl actually is in relation to the Enderman? Like Porkchops are a part of the pig, what is the pearl to the Enderman? 220.127.116.11 06:13, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
- I think this is one of the cases where we must use our imagination :) Personally I like to think it's the eye of the Enderman... 18.104.22.168 10:04, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
Is it really useful for this though?[edit source]
"Ender Pearls are useful to teleport to hard-to-reach locations, such as up/down/across ravines or cliffs. They are also useful to escape death, such as if the player is trapped by a group of mobs or if the player accidentally falls in a pit of lava."
The above section reads like somebody's fantasy about how the ender pearl could be used, but it has no real basis in the game. I doubt anyone ever uses it for this. After all, you can easily just dig your way in/out of hard to reach locations, and if you fall into lava or get surrounded by mobs then you will hardly have time to select the ender pearl, aim it and do the teleport before you die - especially with the teleport damage.
So, yes, it COULD be used like that, but it would be like going to the wiki about the common spoon and writing that it can be used to dig your way out of prison.. hardly relevant. 22.214.171.124 10:11, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- Once could equally say that water is useless in lava, or against Endermen, because you'd have to select it and use it. It's a major tool, and if you've got enough of them, they can be a "go to" tool for tight situations. And aiming need not be exact -- "other side of the cave" is usually sufficient for emergencies. Even for getting up or down ravines and the like, the pearl is faster and leaves less traces behind (which may be important in SMP). --Mental Mouse 23:23, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
Grammar and clarification needed[edit source]
"... The pearl is lost if an ender pearl is thrown into a nether portal and the player travels through the portal the pearl will apear and land and teleport the player as if you had just thrown it ."
The third to last bullet point has grammar and spelling issues, and is a run-on sentence. I'm also not sure what it's trying to say. I think the below is a corrected version, at least for spelling and grammar. I dunno about the validity of the content though.
"... The pearl is lost if an ender pearl is thrown into a nether portal and the player travels through the portal. The pearl will appear, land, and teleport the player as if you had just thrown it." --126.96.36.199 14:47, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
Distance limits, speed?[edit source]
How far can they be thrown in the open? And if thrown the max distance, how long will they take to land and teleport the user? --Mental Mouse 23:25, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
- Added range to the Trivia section of the page. Anrza 18:17, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! It's not nearly as far as I'd thought for some reason.... --Mental Mouse 20:26, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Usage in multiplayer[edit source]
|“||The pearl is not lost if an ender pearl is thrown into a Nether Portal and the player travels through the portal, the pearl will appear and land and teleport the player as if you had just thrown it.||„|
So I wonder, what will happen (in multiplayer) if another player walks through the portal in above situation? I haven't tested it, but I suspect whoever threw the pearl will be teleported next to them. This could be useful for a number of things, like summoning members of your clan in times of need, or long-range teleporting (with some help of a friend), or just sneaking on unsuspecting travelers that use the portal. --188.8.131.52 17:22, 20 September 2013 (UTC)
Weird animation when you hit a villager with an ender pearl.[edit source]
I was playing a survival single player map and i accidentally hit a villager and it teleported me, but a weird animation came off of the villager and he made a noise like he was hurt, but did not lose any health. MC Version: 1.6.2 –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 01:46, 17 November 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~