Sign your posts with ~~~~ and always add new posts at the very bottom after previous sections.
- 1 Creepers scare enemies (1.8: bountiful update)
- 2 Creepers in Anime?
- 3 Mob heads - "one per explosion"?
- 4 Would the Game Theory video belong under YouTube videos?
- 5 Skeleton traps
- 6 Can someone place somewhere a [x] thingie with this?
- 7 Creeper damage 1.9
- 8 Misc Trivia
- 9 Explaining the second trivia
Creepers scare enemies (1.8: bountiful update)[edit source]
Since the new update has arrived, creepers now can scare other mobs. Whenever a creeper tries to blow up, mobs, including other creepers that aren't primed, will run away from the suicidal walking plant. (Needs confirmation!)
- 1. This has already been mentioned on the page.
- 2. Please sign your posts with ~~~~. 22.214.171.124 20:47, 3 October 2014 (UTC)
Creepers in Anime?[edit source]
Anyone else here watch the anime Fairy Tail? In the "Key of the Starry Sky" arc, there's a character named Guttman Kubrick who bears a striking resemblance to a Creeper. He's green, has a blocky skin texture, a square head, a long neck, four stubby limbs, and his "Rapture Magic" makes people explode. His last name is a portmanteau of "Cube" and "Brick"! WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED!? *Flails madly* –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 22:09, 11 January 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Does not seem like a reference, no. All that really is similar is a cube shaped head, which would make sense as to his last name coming from "cube". –KnightMiner (t·c) 01:14, 12 January 2015 (UTC)
Mob heads - "one per explosion"?[edit source]
About the charged creeper drops, it says "Charged creeper explosions will cause a zombie, skeleton, wither skeleton, or other creeper to drop the corresponding mob head, one per explosion." Is this supposed to mean that of any number of mobs killed in such an explosion, only one will drop a head? Because, the way it is worded now, it rather sounds like two charged creepers exploding at the same time will cause a killed mob to drop two heads. -Nyerguds (talk) 12:30, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
- At worst it's slightly ambiguous between the correct meaning and your reading. Do you have a suggestion for better wording? Anomie x (talk) 12:56, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
- That depends on what is meant, now, doesn't it? Assuming it is indeed the first meaning, the grammatical problem lies in the fact the first part says "a zombie, skeleton, wither skeleton, or other creeper", singular, so technically it indeed says you can get multiple heads from one mob. To get around that, the whole "one head drop per explosion" information should simply be added in a new sentence, specifying that when a charged creeped kills multiple mobs, only one will drop a head. -Nyerguds (talk) 13:04, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
Would the Game Theory video belong under YouTube videos?[edit source]
- No. It doesn't belong anywhere on this wiki. Anomie x (talk) 16:39, 29 May 2015 (UTC)
- For future reference, if someone removes something and you don't know why, it is better to ask why before adding it back. In this case, the video is a violation of Rule #4 –KnightMiner t/c 16:53, 29 May 2015 (UTC)
Skeleton traps[edit source]
So on our server we've been planning to build a charged creeper farm which uses the lightning strike from skeleton traps to charge the creepers, but it seems like this doesn't work, i.e. the lightning generated by approaching a trapped skeleton horse will not charge any creepers. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? —Fenhl 19:33, 7 October 2015 (UTC)
- The lightning bolt that spawns skeleton trap horses and the bolt generated by them are both flagged as "non-damaging": it doesn't start fires and doesn't strike nearby entities at all. And the creeper becoming charged is part of being struck by lightning, so this lightning doesn't charge it. Anomie x (talk) 10:15, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
Can someone place somewhere a [x] thingie with this?[edit source]
Creeper damage 1.9[edit source]
The damage in the infobox is incorrect, a creeper on hard mode can do at least 630 (315 Hearts) of damage. Enough to easily one-shot a player in full diamond armor. Tested by looking at stats.damageTaken. 188.8.131.52 02:40, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
Misc Trivia[edit source]
I added this to Trivia but it was removed...
Creepers pursuing the player will sometimes ignore tamed cats that were out of range beforehand.
I also added the fact you can use Creepers to obtain music discs. These are both relevant. Any reason why they were removed?
Okay, I checked the edit history. :P The cat information still is relevant. And maybe if I just say you can use Creepers for discs without the tutorial? As that is information that should be noted. MineKarterX (talk) 06:24, 7 May 2016 (UTC)MineKarterX
Explaining the second trivia[edit source]
I need a clear explanation of this paragraph to make sure how to translate it. "In SMP, if a creeper is attacked by another player, and the other player runs out of sight, it will not attack any other players." My guess is: Player A is targeted by creeper. Player B hits the creeper and flees. The creeper becomes non-hostile. Is that correct? JackAlpha26 (talk) 19:33, 10 March 2017 (UTC)