|This page contains content that is no longer in the game.
These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft.
0.24 (1st of September, 2009)
0.30 (10th of November, 2009)
Survival Test is a test for the Survival Game Mode in the development Minecraft released under Classic. Anyone could play it regardless of premium membership. It was removed from the website on December 16, 2010, when the website received a major overhaul. When Minecraft was in Alpha, Survival Test could still be played, but the link was hidden; now the link will not work anymore although there are ways to play older versions of Minecraft such as this. In this version, coal dropped stone slabs, gold dropped gold blocks, iron dropped iron blocks, and creepers had melee but exploded when killed. The only food source was brown mushrooms, and you could get them by killing sheep or pigs or finding them in caves. There were red mushrooms, but they hurt the player. When you punched trees, the logs would give 3-5 wood planks. The same thing occurred with ores. Gold ore dropped 3-5 gold blocks, etc. The point system was first implemented in this update. The player's fist also takes 4 () away from the mob the Player punched.
 Differences from Classic Creative
- Health bar with 10 hearts.
- When health is low, the health bar begins to shake.
- When you die, you must generate a new world or load a saved one, like you do in Hardcore Mode.
- The addition of mushrooms as food.
- The player starts with 10 TNT.
- 8 mobs; Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers, Pigs, Spiders, Sheep, Humans, and Giants
- Arrows could be fired by pressing "tab".
- Drowning and lava damage.
- Players can see their hand in game
- Skeleton's arrows were purple.
- Sheep eat grass and drop food (Brown Mushrooms)
Some aspects of the point system are listed below:
- Sheep and Pigs awarded 10 points.
- Zombies awarded 80 points.
- Spiders awarded 105 points.
- Skeletons awarded 120 points.
- Creepers awarded 200 points (it was once 250).
Points would not be scored for indirect killing (e.g. blowing up a creeper which killed a zombie didn't award the zombie's points).
- Notch created the Giant mob in the last version of Survival Test, however they were temporarily hidden afterwards due to an issue with spawning and their overall power. However, as of 1.7, Giants are no longer hidden because the /summon command was implemented.
- In Survival Test zombies and skeletons had a chance of wearing armor, but Notch removed it in the final version. (Armor for zombies and skeletons has since been re-implemented, as of release 1.4.2, along with the additional enchantments.)
- In Survival Test the fastest mob was the spider, being able to move as fast as the player.
- Indev 0.31 in the very first update was known as Survival Test.
- In Survival Test 0.24, Creepers were made from the failed pig model.
- Survival Test, though removed, can still be played on the website if one still has the files, as Classic and Survival Test used the same folder.
- You cannot play Survival Test with the new launcher (unless you have an Survival Test .jar of your own).