dec: 364 hex: 16C bin: 101101100
Steak (also known as Cooked Beef) is a food item dropped by cows and mooshrooms when killed by fire or obtained by cooking raw beef in a furnace. Each steak restores 4 units to the food bar and 12.8 saturation, which is the second-highest in the game, after the Golden Carrot.
Cows that die from fire damage can drop ready-cooked steaks. Smelting Raw Beef to Steak gives 0.35 XP apiece.
- Given a decent stock of raw beef, steak can be produced as needed using a furnace and sticks in a matter of seconds.
- Steak restores more units of hunger and saturation than all other food, except for cooked porkchop which has equal values, pumpkin pie which has equal hunger but less saturation, cake which restores more hunger but provides significantly less saturation, and Golden Carrots, which restore less hunger but more saturation.
- It can be obtained easily when the cow/mooshroom dies of fire.
- If a cow or Mooshroom is killed by a sword enchanted with Fire Aspect or a bow enchanted with Flame, that counts as dying in fire, and it will drop steak.
- As with raw beef, steak's availability is dependent on the presence of cows or mooshrooms within sight, which can be random at best and require extensive traveling depending on the biome the player spawns in. Once at least two cows have been found, however, they can be bred for an easy and infinite supply of beef and steak.
|1.8||Added in the Adventure Update. Steak was introduced as the cooked result of raw beef, a new food item dropped by cows in addition to their leather. The icon for steak was used as the image for the cooked porkchop before Beta 1.8. (The cooked porkchop's icon was updated to a lighter colored piece of meat.)|
|1.4.2||12w37a||Texture change from to (The item sprite no longer has a dark outline).|
Raw beef and steak shown in the inventory from a preview screenshot.