|This page contains content that is no longer in the game.
These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft.
Rana was created by Dock for a project of his own years ago. When he joined the Minecraft development team, he recreated her in a new style for the game, along with similar-styled NPCs called Steve, Black Steve and Beast Boy. All four of them were pulled from Minecraft at the same time when Dock left the project.
On Dock's personal site, DeadPanda, several pictures of Rana can still be found along with other artwork of his.
- Rana means "frog" in Latin, Spanish, and Italian. That is probably a reason why is she wearing a frog hat.
- Rana was the first to use human pain sounds when taking damage.
- Rana, like the other mobs created by Dock, moved without any animation.
- Rana bears a striking resemblance to Jenny Sanderson from the Gamecube game Chibi Robo.
- Rana is also the beginning of the scientific name for many frogs.
- Rana is the only mob made by Dock which doesn't drop Gunpowder, String and Flint and Steel.