Obtaining[edit | edit source]
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Natural generation[edit | edit source]
Podzol generates only in mega taiga biomes.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Podzol allows mushrooms to be placed on it no matter the light level, allowing the growing of huge mushrooms, like mycelium. Saplings, all kind of flowers and sugar canes can be placed on it normally.
Data values[edit | edit source]
Podzol has only one possible tile name:
minecraft:dirt, which it shares with dirt. The tile data field defines which block is displayed. Podzol has the Numerical ID 243 (
minecraft:podzol) in Pocket Edition.
Block data[edit | edit source]
- See also: Data values
Block state[edit | edit source]
- See also: Block states
||If true, Podzol in particular uses a snowy side and top texture.
In-game, this is true when dirt has snow or snow (layer) on top.
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.8||Podzol no longer displays dirt as its side texture if a block is placed above.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.9.0||build 1||Added podzol.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Added podzol.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Podzol” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other similar blocks, podzol will never spread to dirt blocks, nor will it turn into dirt if a solid block is placed on top of it, no matter how long the block remains on top of it. This is because podzol is a type of soil, and has the same Block ID as dirt, just a different data value.
- Similarly, neither grass nor mycelium can spread to podzol.
- Podzol can be picked up by endermen.
- Podzol resembles what the ground of many forests looks like, because a high abundance of trees with leaves keeps the ground relatively shaded, making it hard for grass to grow, and forest floors are also often covered with dead leaves that have fallen from the trees.