A (?) denotes version's info here is guess-work, possibly incorrect. Known bugs in the latest stable version can be reported on the official Issue tracker.
||Date of Addition
||Android - July 27, 2014
All bugs fixed
||Android - July 24, 2014
iOS - July 27, 2014
Amazon - July 26, 2014
All Fixes and Tweaks for 0.9.2, 0.9.3 and 0.9.4 on Amazon are on this version due to these versions not being released on the Amazon store.
- Bryce Mesa
- Frozen Ocean
- Extreme Hills +
- Jungle M
- Moss Stone can be crafted from a Cobblestone + a Vine
- Diorite, Andesite and Granite can craft Stone Bricks
- Players that have been placed at extreme heights by the respawn bugs are now placed back at y=130
- (Android) Reduced battery usage by canceling rendering when in the background
- Players no longer get stuck in the “Locating Server” screen when the server is full
- Animals no longer despawn.
- Improved Performance
- Increased FPS in older devices
- Fixed many problems caused by locking the device, such as freezing, crashing, world corruption and more (Android)
- Fixed a graphical corruption issue (missing chunks, corrupted chunks and animals) that happened when switching away from the game (Android)
- Fixed chunks not loading in multiplayer when the client device is slower than the server
- Fixed a crash when loading flat worlds after updating from 0.9.0/2
- Fixed a possible server crash when a player disconnects from a multiplayer world
- Fixed a possible crash or corruption when playing in multiplayer as a client
- Fixed fountains’ water in strongholds
- Fixed missing textures (Amazon Fire TV)
- View distance of 512 blocks crashes the game
- On iOS, when an alert pops up or when Siri/Voice commands, multitasking or the notification/control center is opened, the game freezes until the game is exited and reopened.
- Render Distance limited on some iDevices
- A lot of ilumination bugs.
All Fixes and Tweaks for 0.9.3 on iOS are on this version due to 0.9.3 not being released on the AppStore.
- When returning to the game after locking the device, going to the home screen or switching apps, the game opens up in the pause menu.
- Fixed a crash which occurred after locking the device
- Clouds sometimes show only half visible texture on its bottom
- Incorrect damage for punching
- The game sometimes crashes when loading worlds
- Writing on a Sign while it breaks crashes the game
- When flying upward right when falling into the Void, the game screen looks as if it is "Going to Heaven".
- Sometimes, if timed right, the body will fly up and be seen by other players. Though this makes the body invulnerable, the body cannot go through blocks.
- You cannot join worlds on Multiplayer.
||Android - July 16, 2014
- View distance is no longer limited to 3 on Android
- The game will attempt to recover corrupt worlds
- Smooth lighting on wool
- Improved multiplayer performance
- The game is running faster and free of crashes
- Improved rendering of fog and chunks
- Mobs no longer spawn when on peaceful
- Fixed freezing when joining multiplayer worlds
- Fixed occasional freezing when respawning
- Fixed respawning with an invalid height
- Fix bug with Creeper sounds
- Proper client despawning of entities
||Android and iOS - July 15, 2014
All Fixes and Tweaks for 0.9.1 on iOS are on this version due to 0.9.1 not being released on the AppStore.
- Increased the health of all mobs to PC values
- The game spawns way less mobs, and despawns older hostile mobs
- Added villager sounds to iOS.
- Mycelium spreads correctly
- Updated Mojang Logo
- Creepers now have a correct explosion range
- Spiders no longer draw a line of sight through solid blocks
- Makes Strongholds a little more common
- Reduced lag and RAM consumption
- Older Devices get a warning when trying to create an infinite world
- Monster Spawners now works better and have less lag
- Changed app logo back to 0.7.6 design (without the big white overlay) (only observed on iOS)
- Fixed generating chunks when a stronghold has been found
- Fixed rainbow grass
- Fixed Creepers' detonation time
- Bugs in mobs and textures
- Fixed block-break circle size (iOS)
- Crashes in chunks rendering
- Peaceful mode is bugged (Monsters will still spawn and can be also spawned without disappearing).
- Zombie Pigmen will drop Potatoes and Carrots, just like Zombies.
- Creepers make an increased Fuse sound as an idle sound.
- The front of Doors will turn invisible if a block is placed behind it.
- Double Chests may turn Invisible when joining back a world with Chests.
- A Tamed Wolf will lose their aggressiveness toward Endermen when the Enderman teleports.
- When you die, there is a chance you will spawn above y=40000.
||Android and Amazon - July 11, 2014
- Fixed a huge memory leak affecting all devices
- Saving chunks correctly when only block brightness changes
- Fixed a crash when tapping empty slots in the crafting grid
- Fixed monster eggs not spawning mobs when difficulty is set to Peaceful
- Entities on fire don’t crash the game anymore
- Fixed a potential game lock-up when quitting a world
- Single core devices will now show the loading screen too
- Reduced RAM consumption by some ~10 mb
- Fixed a potential crash with Mob Spawners
- Fixed a random crash in the movement code
- Mob spawners save the mob type they have been configured to spawn
- Fixed a crash on application shutdown
- Fixed X-Ray glitch
- Some terrain is rainbow colored
- Duplication of items
||July 10, 2014
- New interact button
- Ignite button for creepers, shear button for sheep, milk button for cows and tame button to tame animals
- span style='color:gray'>PC future feature: 512-block view distance (certain supported devices only)
- Advanced World Options:
- Option to select the world's type
- Pre-0.9.0 terrain generation
- Superflat (Flat in-game on create world screen)
- All superflat worlds are infinite and by default generates with the Classic Superflat and can only be changed by editing the options.txt file.
- Not recommended for low-supported devices (iOS 5.x and below).
- Reliable playing size is approximately 40,000x40,000 (+20,000 to -20,000)
- After +-20,000, the world renders incorrectly and gradually starts to become unplayable. The "jitteriness" gradually increases when the distance from the center is increased, as well as frequency of crashes
- Eventually, the world becomes unplayable, and natural phenomena such as the "Stripe Lands" and Far Lands occur.
- The outer limits of the world appear to be different for some players - a grid-like formation, black visual stripes (the "Stripe Lands")  and even the Far Lands (at the same location as in PC) have been observed.
- World Generation:
- Port of Minecraft PC world generation as of PC version 1.8, allowing for new generated structures and biomes
- This only applies to 'infinite' type worlds.
- Generated structures:
- All biomes as of PC version 1.7.2. Those that exceed the 128-block height limit are shrunk to fit in it.
- Roofed Forests
- Extreme Hills
- Mushroom Islands
- Flower Forest
- Mega Taiga
- Mega Spruce Taiga
- Deep ocean
- Blocks & Items:
- Game Mechanics:
- Creative Inventory Additions (including all blocks and items from above):
- Generated structures:
- Cold-en oak trees will not generate in maps with the new terrain.
- Oak trees now generate with different heights and structures
- Spruce trees now generate with different heights and structures
- Blocks & Items:
- Beds no longer restore health in normal difficulty
- Snow (cover) is now craftable
- Correct name for stairs, slabs and spawn eggs.
- Gravel no longer falls from spawn
- All carpets can be obtained in Survival
- New insta ticking of water and lava.
- Smooth lighting added for:
- Smooth lighting removed for:
- Improved performance of TNT.
- Prettier clouds.
- New culling of clouds.
- The fog is darker underground.
- "New" mob spawning algorithm
- Lighter color when the mobs are hurt
- Passive mobs now spawn in little groups
- Zombie AI and mechanics changed, made much more horde-like.
- When damaged, zombies have a low chance to spawn more zombies.
- Now spawn from leaves, creating a higher amount of spiders in tree-rich biomes at night
- Animation is now twice as fast
- Improved AI
- Now walk faster
- Improved AI
- No longer float two pixels off the ground
- Separate textures for the top of Birch, Spruce, and Jungle Wood
- Jungle leaves will be permanently opaque
- New leaves rendering
- Biome-tinted blocks
- A brand new organised layout for the crafting screen
- Only shows craftable recipes
- New layout for the survival inventory
- Each device now has it's own limit for view distance
- Option to limit the world's size (supported low-end devices only)
- The options.txt file now reads the render distance as raw blocks 
- Support for immersive mode (hides the on-screen navigation bar) for devices running Android 4.4
- New Leveldb based saving format.
- New entity handling.
- Remade network code (mostly the same packages but new system).
- Tile entities are saved differently.
- New culling algorithm.
- Removed the Camera entity
- Updated light generation
- No more client side messages when a player joins
- Mipmapping makes fire look like a big orange blob
- Minecart in multiplayer problems
- Glitched name and description for baked potatoes
- Crafting signs only giving one unit
- Killing a medium-sized slime freezes/crashes the game. (iOS)
- Silverfish have a red and orange texture box around the middle of them. (iOS)
- Chunks not loading sometimes and when you walk/fly over them you get stuck for ~5 seconds.
- No sound on certain devices. (iOS)
- Intense Lag in infinite worlds on some devices.
- Maximum render distance makes the game stay out of memory. (iOS)
- Monster Spawners will not save the entity they are set to spawn, if the entity was set up with a spawn egg. Re-adding the entity to the Monster spawner upon reloading the game, causes the game to crash. (iOS)
- Creepers explode almost immediately after activating.
- Endermen are attracted to water.
||April 2, 2014
0.8.2 (Amazon Fire TV)
- First release for the Amazon Fire TV
- Added controller support Amazon's Fire TV controller
- Added interface for controller features
- Has a reduced amount of options
||December 19, 2013
- Charcoal texture changed to 1.6 texture
- MCPE-4495 Liquids not showing up to other players over LAN
- MCPE-6187 Baked Potatoes missing name and description
- Forceclosed duplication glitch
- Infinite Bone Meal
- No pickup animation
- Minecarts sometimes spin out of control
- Baked Potatoes have incorrect name
- Signs burn on contact with fire (iOS)
- Game Crashes when placing signs
||December 12, 2013
- Mining speed in Creative mode increases at/near mining distance limit (8 blocks per second)
- Bone Meal
- Nerfed like in the PC edition
- Can grow Ferns and Tall Grass in survival and creative
- Version exclusive: Now grows sugar cane to maximum height
- Pumpkin and melon stems only grow by one when bone meal is used
- Flowers now spawn other flowers when bone meal is used
- Fire and lava now ignite TNT.
- In creative mode, players stop burning as soon as they exit fire/lava
- Redstone Ore now drops Redstone when mined
- Sideways pointing wood blocks
- New bow rendering & animated items
- Version exclusive: New visual effect for burning mobs
- Remade painting rendering
- Eating particles are shown to look like the food being eaten rather than random pixels from the food.
- Thrown eggs now spawn baby chickens
- Wooden tools can now be used as fuel.
- Lava buckets can now be placed in furnace to smelt items (100 items)
- Improved Signs and Chests synchronization lag in multiplayer
- Sand and Gravel now spawn resources when falling on torches, etc.
- The textures of some blocks are randomly rotated, for a more natural effect
- Position is now randomized
- 3D Clouds with new tessellation algorithm
- Held items are now rendered in 3D, and bob up and down slightly when idle and sway to the side when turning.
- Lighter colored Water, Sky, and Grass
- Water fades to non-transparent in the distance (iOS only)
- Mipmaps (iOS only)
- Refactored most of the rendering to use indexed VBOs
- Remade arrow model
- Inventory is now rendered using cached VBOs
- New sky rendering using a triangle fan
- Separated far and near chunks in two queues for performance reasons
- Fog only on far chunks
- Transparency only on near chunks
- Alpha-test-only layers are hidden in far chunks
- Stencil Shadows
- Dynamic PC-like lighting on entities
- Ambient light tinting on entities
- Version exclusive: Light direction depends on sunlight direction on entities - affects shadows
- Creative Inventory Additions:
- New Creative Inventory, with four item categories
- Hotbar now saves on Creative worlds
- Items being moved to/from a chest is now correctly rendered.
- Transparent hotbar
- Tapping the
[...] now closes the inventory while open
- Craftable recipes are shown first in the crafting screen
- If there is 99+ of an item in the inventory, it now shows the actual quantity in crafting table, rather than 99+
- When selecting an item in the inventory it replaces the one in the selected slot
- Changed the flow of Inventory for the Armor/Crafting screens so that the back button goes back to Inventory
- Moved Grey Wool in the right inventory slot
- Ice is not transparent anymore in the hotbar
- Items that are not supposed to be in the game no longer have a red background in the hotbar/inventory
- Improved Mob AI System (Mobs swim over deep water, and hostile mobs are now more intelligent)
- Baby animals follow the adult animal of their species
- Animals follow the player when holding wheat (cows and sheep), seeds (chickens) or Potatoes/Beetroot/Carrots (pigs)
- Sheep have the color overlay of its wool around its face and when sheared (iOS only).
- Increased speed for spiders
- New defaults and changed options:
- Added far (256) and farthest (400) rendering distances
- Removed smooth lighting (now always on)
- Fancy is now default on
- Default rendering distance is now far
- Brought all textures from PC
- New texture atlas and texture generator script
- There is no animation for picking up items
- When putting a stack of items to/from a chest, one of the items briefly appears to stay in the slot.
- When holding two stacks with different quantities, one being 64, the other appears as a duplicate of the aforementioned stack.
- The circle that appears when destroying blocks unnexpectedly disappears, only reappearing when the game is force closed.
- Igniting a certain amount of TNT in creative occasionally drops recources for blocks that otherwise wouldn't.
- In the inventory, clocks always appears as noon and compasses always points down.
- Beds have white texture underneath.
- Baked Potatoes have incorrect description.
- Chickens do not follow the player if holding melon seeds.
- No realm support for iOS
- Nether quartz double slabs are the old texture of nether quartz blocks
||Android - October 11, 2013
iOS - October 16, 2013
- New app logo with brighter grass
- New keyboard design for iOS 7 (iOS only)
- Realms servers are now displayed in alphabetical order.
- An "Invited to Realms Alpha?" option which moved the login button to the options menu.
- The 'Disconnected from server' kick message has been replaced with a proper kick screen.
- Realms Fixes
- Crash bug fixes
- Players can now throw eggs on Realms.
- Trapdoors fixed
- Doors fixed
- Bows look like they are about to shoot in hand.
- Throwing eggs, snowballs, or using a bow or eating in survival requires tapping and holding on a reachable block.
||Android - September 4, 2013
iOS - September 12, 2013
||Amazon - August 31, 2013
Android and iOS - September 2, 2013
- Added an "External" button in the edit section of world create menu, for IP-connecting to servers.
- Added a very faint sound when tools break, as well as a sound when flint and steel is used.
- span style='color:gray'>PC future feature: Tapping and holding Flint and Steel on a Creeper will cause the creeper to start explosion countdown.
- The Splash now changes every time a world is quit.
- Added commands, however when attempting to use any command "Error: Command not found" displays.
- Added chiseled quartz to survival mode.
- The moon now has different phases.
- Fire now has idle sounds when the player is within proximity.
- Clouds are now slightly darker, to correspond to the cloud color in PC.
- The orbit size of the sun and moon around the player has been increased, fixing a sun and moon size problem, as well as the sun appearing in front of the clouds.
- The sun now disappears during night and vice versa, fixing MCPE-4925.
- After eating food, a burp can be heard.
- Flint and Steel now produces different sound when it comes to burn something.
- Eggs can be thrown rapidly if you keep on tapping and holding the screen in both creative and survival.
- Fire now has a different sound when burning.
- Each message displayed by the server now has a tag (e.g. 'Disconnected from server' now reads '<error> Disconnected from server').
||August 15, 2013
- Sun, Moon, stars, sunrise and sunset.
- Improved title screen
- Pocket realms improvements:
- Double Chests
- When Chests are put together, if you had items in the left chest they will appear at the bottom, not the top. Items from the right chest will also appear on the top. Make sure there is nothing in the chests, it may cause you to lose items.
- Chests now have an open/close animation.
- The Player can open chests in creative, but not look inside; they will immediately close.
- Quartz slabs
- Added more friction when flying in Creative Mode (iOS).
- Stopped building the game with typeinfo enabled (iOS).
- Wooden slab material changed to wood instead of stone. Wooden Slabs stored from before 0.7.3 are tagged as Fake Wood Slab and drop regular wooden slabs when mined.
- Mobs now light on fire under sunlight.
- When creating a new world, the default name shows "My World".
- MCPE-4546 - You can't type capital W in world or seed
- MCPE-4122 - Glowing Obsidian can yield resources with an Iron pickaxe, but obsidian can only be mined with a Diamond one
- MCPE-3989 - Inventory bug (throwing items in hand while in a gui)
- MCPE-3988 - Furnace crash bug *SEVERE*
- MCPE-39 - Wooden Slab hard to break w/ Axe (easy w/ pick)
- All leaves placed will instead place oak leaves.
- Double chests turn dark when placing a block over it, but only on a certain side.
- Falling into the void causes the player to fall infinitely, rather than die.
- Sun, moon, and stars appear to follow the player.
- When the hide GUI option is on and you go in your inventory the select blocks appears to be the color of the sky
- On multiplayer, the client cannot hear the chest sound.
- Still cannot type capital W in create world screen.
- Crafting wood slabs only returns one slab.
- The new double wood slabs still don't burn, although break with an axe.
- Using a bucket causes the bucket to be moved to the inventory, and if there is no space for it, the bucket will be deleted.
- Chests are flat when held or on the ground
- The break circle is over sized on iOS devices
- Pressing the back button (Android) in the chest interface will exit the player to the menu screen, although the world you are in still proceeds, leading to a large amount of other bugs:
- Pressing the options button on the title screen will show the options menu as if you were in the world still, transparent showing your game in the background.
- Reentering your world normally will cause the screen to violently shake, making it impossible to walk anywhere. This causes your own world to show up to you as a server. If you enter the server, you may walk for a few seconds, then it will kick you and say UNABLE TO CONNECT.
- Sandstone stairs aren't craftable on survival.
- Pillar and Chisled Quartz aren't craftable in survival.
- Rarely the splash text will be invisible.
- Lava buckets are unusable in the furnace.
- When creating new worlds on creative, sometimes the inventory has double chest properties.
- Cannot make double chest on Realms.
- Skeleton missing abdomen.
- Sun appears in front of clouds.
||July 4, 2013
- Nametags for multiplayer
- Player List
- Pressing "Edit" on the world selection screen now shows world seeds.
- Chat is easier to use (Unicode support)
- Slight GUI change
- Added more friction when flying in Creative Mode (Android).
- Added new sound to Zombie Pigman.
- Added symbols in Minecraft font to use in chat.
- Sleeping now takes a shorter time (equivalent to PC).
- The multiplayer servers now show up at the top of the play menu, rather than the bottom.
- MCPE-389 - Loading a world with a dot after the name
- MCPE-1723 - Inability to type the "ñ" letter and the accents (á,é,í,ó,ú)
- MCPE-2956 - Armor disappearing
- MCPE-3963 - Item Display Name
||June 7, 2013
- The logo appears to have an updated look on the title screen.
- MCPE-1691 - D-pad too small to play.
- MCPE-2407 - Game crash when signs destroyed.
- MCPE-2453 - Furnace broken.
- MCPE-2458 - Messed up fire animation.
- MCPE-2461 - Eating animation missing.
- MCPE-2541 - Armor can't be removed.
- MCPE-2757 - Creating Realm Server Fails without Error Message.
- MCPE-2946 - GUI on sub 6 inch 1080p Phones.
- Cows can be milked in creative, but then, there won´t be empty bucket.
- Fixed losing milk buckets when crafting cake.
- Fixed not being able to obtain water with buckets in split-touch controls.
- Fixed opening another available world when creating a new world while scrolling.
- MCPE-2464 - Item names not correct.
- MCPE-2873 - Incorrect Dark-leave texture block (Survival and Creative).
- MCPE-3857 - Empty buckets can destroy water blocks (Survival and Creative).
- MCPE-3956 - When you pick up water, lava or milk with the buckets, the bucket will disappear from the hotbar, and will be moved to the inventory.
- MCPE-3992 - D-Pad too big for QVGA devices
||June 5, 2013
- Lava Texture is now animated.
- The size of the circle that appears when destroying blocks is adjustable along with the adjusting the D-pad size.
- Connecting players inventory is now saved on server.
- Revamped Menus
- New title screen with Play, Play on Realms and Options buttons.
- In the Play section you can play in your world locally.
- In the "Play on Realms" section you can play online by creating or joining a Pocket Realms server (you have to be invited by the host).
- The Options section, which can also be accessed ingame, and has four subsections.
- Ingame username, difficulty (peaceful or normal are the only options at the moment), 3rd person view & local server multiplayer
- Sensitivity, invert Y-axis, lefty, play with touch, D-pad size, split controls & vibrate when destroying blocks
- View distance, fancy graphics, beautiful skies, animated water, smooth lighting, & hide GUI (The equivalent of pressing F1 on Minecraft Pro)
- Not all options are available on all devices
- MCPE-131 - Dyes sometimes show up as the wrong color when holding in hand.
- MCPE-173 - No water animation. (iOS)
- MCPE-381 - Bows aren't destroyed after taking maximum damage.
- MCPE-404 - Can't enter seed on T-mobile G2
- MCPE-1212 - Torch placement is incorrect.
- MCPE-1296 - Breaking a door destroys or duplicates it.
- MCPE-1366 - Crash when TNT blows up Paintings.
- MCPE-1896 - Cannot see what seed is being entered.
- MCPE-2407 - game crash when signs destroyed
- MCPE-2453 - Furnace broken
- MCPE-2458 - Messed up fire animation
- MCPE-2461 - Eating animation missing
- MCPE-2464 - Item names not correct.
- MCPE-2475 - Milk bucket fills in creative, but then no empty bucket to pick up water/lava.
- MCPE-2541 - Armor can't be removed
- MCPE-2564 - Can't pick up water when using split touch controls
- MCPE-2680 - Cake takes away buckets along with milk
- Wrong textures when placing dark-leave block.
- Can´t see when the player throw snowballs in multiplayer
- Attempting to create a new world opens another available world while scrolling.
- Fire doesn't activate TNT.
- Torch will be destroyed if water is in the top of it (Survival).
- Zombies and skeletons doesn't get on fire when its day time.
- Diamond Pickaxe shows as Shovel in 3rd Person view.
- Chickens spawned from eggs have 5 hearts (10 hp) instead of the regular 2 hearts (4 hp).
- Chickens spawned from eggs are full grown adults instead of chicks.
- In the Options menu, there is no "Vibrate When Breaking Blocks" option on iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.
- MCPE-2569 - Opening Chat Places a Block If the Block Can Be Placed
||Android - January 31, 2013
iOS - February 2, 2013
- Crash Bugs: multiplayer chests and Sign input
- Newly put on armor items would overwrite old if it wasn't removed first.
- Half slabs get stuck in "upper" position.
- Xperia Play controls (Android)
- Sandstone, Nether Quartz and Stone Brick stairs having random texture
- Nether Quartz stairs not having a language file name
- Sand and Gravel no longer disappear when falling.
||January 30, 2013
Notice for Android users: Starting with this update, Minecraft Pocket Edition requires Android 2.3 or later. This means the game no longer supports Android 2.1 or 2.2, but you will still be able to play older versions of Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Baby animals
- Baby animals only spawn in new worlds.
- The Sky and Clouds (Appearance varies between fast and slow devices)
- Improved D-pad
- Design is more blocky and less rounded
- When in flight mode, there is a "wing" icon on the jump button
- Applying process is similar to smelting: choose from armour on the left and see a preview of the player on the right
- span style='color:gray'>PC future feature: Nether Brick (smelted from netherrack and crafted into nether brick tile)
- span style='color:gray'>PC future feature: Nether Quartz
- Upside-down stairs, corner stairs
- Slabs can be placed in up position (needs testing on small screens).
- Sand and Gravel are affected by gravity.
- All dyes can be crafted
- Recipes for crafting slabs give 6 slabs instead of 3 (as in PC version).
- Nether Reactor spawns Netherrack blocks instead of Obsidian.
- The Nether Reactor now spawns more items.
- The fog and sky color now is blue instead grizzly
- Sheep look different.
- Sheep can be colored with dyes.
- Cows drop Leather.
- When holding a slot in the hotbar, to toss an item out, the frame of the bar turns green as well.
- Melons can be crafted with 9 melon slices.
- (For some Android devices only) The way to go to the pause menu, is to use (<-) instead of (|=|)
- MCPE-143 - Doors, trap doors and ladders does not drop correctly in survival when adjacent to destroyed blocks
- MCPE-356 - Blocks placed where ice was don't show up in multiplayer
- MCPE-581 - Two stone bricks in creative menu
- MCPE-591 - No description for Paintings or Glowstone
- MCPE-592 - Melons grow back nearly instantly
- MCPE-612 - Melon seeds have pumpkin seed sprite
- MCPE-613 - Paintings deflect arrows
- MCPE-642 - Cactus can't grow on sand block near water
- MCPE-668 - Charging the bow breaks pictures
- MCPE-717 - 1 melon stem can produce 2-4 melons
- MCPE-722 - Torches when placed underwater do not drop
- MCPE-883 - Wrong sugarcane drop from the reactor and creative mode
- Melon Slices had a red background.
- When placing blocks/signs after the update released, the next time you load the world, the blocks disappear.
- Sugar Cane has a red background
- Pixel bug when you see yourself move in the armor interface.
- False armor description
- Nether Quartz, Sandstone, and Stone stairs vary depending on which direction they are place.
- When damaged, only the helmet of the entire armor set turns red.
- When dyed Sheep are hurt, the sheep's legs can be seen through.
- When placing a torch on the floor of a one-block wide space, the torch will be placed on the wall instead.
- When sand and gravel falls, they will disappear often.
- There is no description for melon seeds.
- When the block a Sign is placed on is broken, the Sign won't drop.
- Explosions may not destroy blocks.
||November 15, 2012
- Food heals more health
- Easier to get out of bed
- Sleeping now restores health
- Health bar is now displayed at the top-left of the screen and not above the hotbar anymore
- The game is less foggy
- When jumped on, crops turn back to dirt.
- Sugar Cane can now be grown on sand.
- Mushrooms can now be farmed.
- The name of a selected item or block is displayed over the hotbar.
- New animations for Zombies, Skeletons and Zombie Pigmen
- MCPE-1 - Trapdoors can't be crafted in survival
- MCPE-2 - No description at Smooth stone in crafting bench
- MCPE-4 - You can't leave your bed when sleeping
- MCPE-6 - No explosion sound when creeper explodes
- MCPE-7 - Seeds drop below grass block when using hoe
- MCPE-11 - Survival bugs: Crop tiles survives farmland destroyed underneath them
- MCPE-14 - When destroying the top half of a bed in creative mode, it give a bed back as a resource
- MCPE-17 - TNT, Flint and Steel and Stone Bricks aren't available in the creative mode inventory
- MCPE-18 - Grass block not available in Creative mode inventory
- MCPE-23 - Door Duplication
- MCPE-27 - Not possible to activate peaceful mode
- MCPE-29 - Trapdoors can be placed on transparent blocks like flowers, saplings, glass etc.
- MCPE-30 - Placing door on a farmland will create a floating half-door
- MCPE-46 - Torch can be placed on side of fence
- MCPE-57 - Multiplayer infinity bone meal
- MCPE-93 - Players sleeping in a bed can be pushed off the bed
- MCPE-115 - Breaking block with torch on it
- MCPE-134 - Can't sleep with my half slabs around a bed
- MCPE-160 - Lava burns character when lava is several blocks away
- MCPE-172 - Stone bricks: Missing description
- MCPE-189 - Missing Fence Sound Effect
- MCPE-190 - Farmland and other plants bug
- MCPE-216 - Steel and flint don't take damage
- MCPE-218 - Bed: Should sleep when pressing the bottom end
- MCPE-237 - Extra Feathers For Player 2
- MCPE-261 - Player can fly out of the world
- MCPE-269 - Using an item can sometimes attack animal/player when not facing them
- MCPE-272 - Animals sometimes never respawn in a map
- MCPE-303 - Sleeping at the edge of the map causes you to spawn really high in the sky after you die
- MCPE-345 - Torches Jumping off Fences
- MCPE-370 - Trapdoor placement bug
- MCPE-382 - Player 1 places torches on ground, but player 2 sees them on the wall
- MCPE-387 - Stuck when walking down side of fence when reaching closed gate
- MCPE-390 - Cannot select stone brick stone in creative
- MCPE-422 - Crash when loading saved world
- MCPE-491 - Disappearing trapdoors
- Worlds crash when a player tries to open a chest.(On some devices)
- Sometimes when harvesting seeds with a hoe, the seeds still go through the block it was harvested from.
- The tooltip/name for block for the Cyan flower says "Rose"
- Melons grow multiple melons
- The seeds for the melons are pumpkin seeds from the PC version
- Melon slices have a red background
- Paintings and Glowstone don't have a description.
- There are two stone bricks in the creative inventory (iOS only)
|0.4.0 rev 2 (iOS)
||September 14, 2012
- Added support for iPhone 5 resolution
- Explosions now destroy ground
- Creative blocks:
- TNT (note: cannot be activated due to absence of Flint and Steel)
- Stone Bricks
||September 6, 2012
- Blocks & Items
- New crafting recipes
- Hoe (wheat seeds obtained by using hoe on grass blocks)
- Additions to creative inventory:
- Zombies now drop feathers.
- Made the day longer
- Limited the total number of a given monster type.
- When using an item, the player’s movement speed is decreased.
- Snowballs can now be thrown.
- Animal spawning (being worked on)
- Monsters could spawn indoors.
- Added fall damage for clients.
- Players could hit each other far away.
- Incorrect bow rendering in 3rd person view.
- Missing particles after critical arrows
- Stairs reverted to their basic blocks when destroyed
- Charging the bow could destroy certain blocks (flowers, torches), or interact with blocks.
- The game crashes if the player is killed while having charging a bow.
- Connecting players could die in Creative mode.
- Dark leaves sometimes have Crafting Table texture.
- Wrong crafting table size for Xperia Play
- Bow doesn't take damage when used.
- Non-dark brown tree trunks are now added back to the game (you may need to start a new world as host).
- Destroying a door could leave half a door.
- Missing spider death sound on iOS.
- Seeds fall through the grass block they are collected from.
- Trapdoors cannot be crafted in survival.
- Placing a block over planted seeds destroys the seeds.
- Mobs still move when game is paused.
- Food doesn't regenerate as much health as it should (bread labeled "heals 2 and a half hearts" heals only one, apples and raw meat heal one and soup and cooked meat heal only two).
- Creepers spawn indoors.
- The description for Stone Bricks in the crafting menu says "tile.stonebricksmooth: couldn't find desc"
- When sleeping and your finger is moving above the torch, the flame particle will move awkwardly.
- Creeper spawn ratio is high.
- Bows have glitched textures sometimes for humans and skeletons.
- Food animation for third person doesn't work
- Explosions are silent (All you hear for creepers is "sssssss" and the creeper disappears)
- Explosions usually does not destroy ground, only snow.
- If one places a door on a torch, wheat, or other transparent blocks, the door is immediately destroyed but sometimes drops two doors upon destruction. It is possible to get infinite doors this way.
- One can place a torch on the side of a fence, however, due to a lack of a surface to connect to, the torch appears to be placed on air or on the block next to the block the fence is on. A block update does not fix this, and the torch remains until either it or the fence is destroyed.
||August 9, 2012
- Item decay time extended to 5 minutes
- 6 slot hotbar for all devices
- Improved brightness
- Falling from certain heights plays a bone breaking sound.
- Removed Fire, fixing a bug where fire would spread throughout an entire world after a single flammable block had been set aflame by lava.
- Corrected crafting recipes for furnace, Block of Iron, Lapis Lazuli Block, Block of Gold and Block of Diamond.
- Fixed furnace crash bug.
- Sapling/leaves fixes.
- Crafting doors now requires a crafting table.
- Torches can now be placed on fences.
- Dandelion Yellow dye no longer appears as an egg in MATTIS or the hotbar
- A bug where cactus and door placed next to each other would remove the bottom door block (and top one if a 2 level cactus).
- Removed particles from spawning when you hit the edges of the world.
- Stairs now block light.
- Some sounds that are missing can now be heard: cow hurt sound, the sound when you break glass/ice.
- A bug where fence gate would not appear in the user’s hand but in the world.
- If the player stands on a slab and creats another one, the player falls through both slabs.
- Swords (and other tools) now take damage from attacking mobs.
- Golden tools are no longer more resistant than wooden tools.
- The rear end texture is upside down on some animals.
- The D-pad on iPad no longer/rarely intersects with the item slots.
- Users can no longer place sugar cane in water.
- Dark green leaves have correct textures when cut by shear.
- Blocks placed on snow aren’t duplicated in multiplayer.
- Torch lighting not as effective.
- Bows don't lose durability.
- Sometimes when holding a bow, it shows the bow and the arrow.
- When aiming using a bow in third person mode, the bow is above the hand.
- Some sounds are missing: Spider's death sound, etc.
- Drawing back an arrow destroys non-solid blocks when aimed at.
- Dandelion Yellow and Bone Meal sometimes appear as green dye in hand and also in third person mode.
- Hostile mobs have incorrect health (for example, Zombies now take up to 2 hits with a Diamond Sword.)
- Sometimes aiming with a bow crashes the game and some of your items in a furnace are deleted.
- The animation for drawing back the bow has gaps in between the pixels.
||July 16, 2012
- Less flickering/Z-fighting on some devices.
- Having one of an item or block no longer displays the 1.
- Mobs have correct health.
- Fixed rendering of fence gate and half block in hand.
- Saplings aren't available in Creative.
- Saplings aren't visible in the hotbar.
- Dandelion Yellow is shown as an egg (and vice versa) in MATTIS and the hotbar.
- Swords don't lose durability when attacking mobs.
- Crafting an iron block only requires 6 iron ingots, but an iron block yields 9 iron ingots.
- Crafting a Wooden Door only requires 4 Wooden Planks.
- Crafting Stairs only require 3 of the required material, but generates only one Wooden Stair (i.e. 3 Wooden Planks for 1 Staircase).
- Furnaces and Ladders require 5 Cobblestone and 5 Sticks respectively.
- Tapping on a furnace crashes the client in (MP)Creative.
||April 24, 2012
Still Called 0.3.0 in the changelog
- Fixed Icons Bug
- More inventory space
- Smaller GUI
||April 24, 2012
- Crafting - Minecraft Advanced Touch Technology Interface System (MATTIS) crafting system
- New sounds
- New inventory
- Added bookshelves to Survival Mode
- Bookshelves drop 3 bookshelves rather than 3 books when destroyed.
- Items have wrong images.
- Game force closes upon opening on some devices.
- All items are craftable, with or without a crafting table. (Tested on Xperia Play only)
- Game restarts the device upon opening on some devices. (Tested Xperia play)
- When trying to craft brick slabs or brick stairs, the game thinks you have one brick rather than infinite.
- There are two torch recipes for crafting, however one requires charcoal and is unusable.
- With wooden slabs, the dropped icon and the icon in your hand is a stone slab.
- If you have one block or item in a slot, a 1 appears next to it.
- Despite having no furnace, iron ore can still be mined and dropped. It appears invisible in the inventory but can be placed.
- In Survival Mode, doors cannot be collected when broken.
- Sugar cane drops its item icon in Creative mode, and you can "pick it up".
- If you drop an item and two different blocks, the axe symbol shows the infinity symbol rather than a 1 after being picked up.
- Stone slabs are unobtainable in Survival Mode.
- Swords do not lose durability when used on a mob, only when used to break blocks.
- When the limit of blocks is reached, it can still be crafted, but it won't produce anything.
- Crafting a wooden door requires four wooden planks and can be crafted without a crafting table, unlike the PC version, requiring six wooden planks using a crafting table.
- Lava relentlessly spreads fire all over a world, also allowing water to be set on fire.
- On rare occasions, charcoal will drop from coal ore instead of the usual coal. This is the only way to use the seemingly unusable torch recipe.
|0.2.1 alpha2 (Android)
||March 17, 2012
- Major bug fix for some tablet devices and smart Phones in which the game was unable to open.
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 fixed
||March 14, 2012
- Flying is changed; ascend/descend by sliding from the center button to the up/down button.
- Bigger screens have more hotbar icons.
- Blocks now have 'cracking' animation when destroying them.
- The circle shown when breaking blocks is sharper.
- Enabling Split Touch mode once makes the game crash (without error message) on starting (old or new) world. Even uninstall/install cycle won't help (Acer Iconia).
- When flying above the height limit in third-person, the player turns invisible.
- No breaking animation is displayed while underwater.
- Other players die in creative multiplayer if they go into lava.
- In creative mode, flying above the height limit lets you walk on the edge of the world, on top of the block invisible bedrock found in the files of the game.
- Sometimes in multiplayer, if you a place a block, the game puts another block on top of the block you just placed.
- When someone dies in multiplayer, rarely they will be invisible and zombies will not attack the invisible player.
- If you host a game, you will suffer from fall damage but others who join will not. If you join a game, you will not suffer but the host of the game will die from fall damage.
- The outer circle while breaking a block (using normal controls, not split touch) usually disappears.
- You can put cacti on any block as long as it has snow on top of it.
||February 11, 2012
Still Called 0.2.0 in the changelog Fixes
- Major bug fix for some phones that crashed while trying to create a new world
||iOS - February 17, 2012
Android - February 11, 2012
- New Game Modes
- Creative (All worlds created before alpha 0.2.0 will be in creative)
- Flight ability - Tap the jump button twice to initiate flight. From there, double tap and hold up or down to ascend or descend respectively.
- Crafting not yet available.
- Because of this, the following blocks/items are included in Survival:
- Day-night cycle
- Although it is Survival, the user can still see the blocks as though in Creative mode, but cannot use them unless having gathered the respective material.
- This effectively works as the Inventory, but lacks to standard 2x2 crafting grid from the original inventory.
- Some materials (Tools and anything that can not be naturally acquired) are in infinite stacks which is indicated by ∞ (infinity) symbols.
- When an item that has not been gathered is selected, the player's fist is shown.
- Added Hitpoints Bar same as computer version (health will slowly regenerate, similar to peaceful difficulty in the computer version).
- Added Oxygen bar when under water, adding the ability to drown and die.
- Added Death with options to respawn or go to main menu.
- Zombies spawn at night.
- When breaking materials, any material can be gathered regardless of what tool is used.
- Stone Shovel
- Stone Pickaxe
- Stone Axe
- Stone Sword
- Shearing a sheep requires tapping and holding on the sheep, similar to breaking a block. Simply tapping on it hurts the sheep and eventually kills it (8 hits).
- When attempting to type in a seed, the virtual keyboard covers up the seed input and you cannot see what you are typing.
- White wool is unobtainable.
- Stone blocks are unobtainable in Survival.
- There is no fire displayed when zombies burn in sunlight.
- Mobs can be hit through glass.
- Fence gates are not displayed when selected.
- Mobs can be hit through doors when looking through the window part of the door.
- Sugar cane is unobtainable in survival.
- Placing ladder on a block with a thin snow layer on it and no block behind it makes it invisible, with its normal hitbox, until a block directly adjacent to it is updated. The ladder will then drop as a collectible item (lighting updates via torch do apply).
- When killed by another player, items that weren't even obtained by the player will appear (e.g.: obsidian, etc.)
- Fences are sometimes invisible when placed close to water.
- Block of Iron, Block of Gold, and Block of Diamond are not in the survival mode inventory.
- Game crashes when trying to create a new world on some phones.
- Sometimes the forward button doesn't work on right handed mode.
- Sometimes the player can't collect items.
- Trees that grow have a different Wood Block ID (oak) and color than the Wood blocks in your Inventory (pine), thus making it impossible to pick up oak logs.
- Sugar Cane doesn't drop when mined.
- When the bottom block of a Cactus is broken, it only drops one Cactus block instead of all that were above it as well.
- Torches cannot be placed on fences.
||December 14, 2011
- Fixed bug with opening dialogs after closing the options menu
- Improvements in network chunk loading
- Added an "Update game!" block used as placeholder for not yet supported block types
||December 3, 2011
- Better tablet support
- Less oversized ingame UI elements
- Performance improvements, especially in Non-Fancy graphics mode
- Added cacti to deserts
- Added Turn Sensitivity setting
- Improvements in network chunk loading
- More sounds in J-version
- Fixed a crash bug when connecting to some iOS server maps
- Fixed blocks placed on snow were added incorrectly in multiplayer
- When the game tries to generate a world the green "bar" will freeze and not generate a world on some phones, crashing the game.
||November 17, 2011
- First release for iOS devices
- iOS exclusive controls.
- Cacti, Iron Ore and other ores can be found in the game files, but are unobtainable.
||October 13, 2011
- Third person view for all devices
- Mirrored controls for left handed players
- In-game sound toggle
- Help text if license verification fails
||October 8, 2011
||October 7, 2011
|0.1.0 (Xperia PLAY)
||August 16, 2011
0.1.0 (Xperia PLAY)
An early screenshot of the game.
- The game looked exactly like the old Classic build on PC (bright green grass/leaves, no birch/pine trees).
- There were clouds/sky in the game.
- Inventory hotbar had a smaller look and could handle 9 items.