|Version history and upcoming features|
This page is about planned versions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence, or have received development versions.
- Version exclusive: Larger in size.
- Crafting recipe may require 5 logs rather than wood planks.
- Will not be destroyed when encountering a lily pad.
- Has an interface.
- Can sprint in boats.
- Version exclusive: Can support two riders, including passive mobs.
- Passive mobs can ride in a boat without the player.
- Version exclusive: Color variations from all six wood types.
- Version exclusive: Paddles
- Pressed Dirt
- Fishing Rods
- Version exclusive: Cubic Bobber.
- Block of Redstone
- Skinsapplied by:
- Alex and 3-Pixel arm model.
- Permanent daytime option.
- Switching gamemode option.
- Infinite world option for old type worlds.
- Rename world option.
- Status effects (Potions won't be added until the Nether is added.)
- Creative Inventory Additions
- Moved the Edit button in the world selection menu from the top right corner to the side of each world, along with a new icon
- External button now appears when tapping New rather than Edit.
- Added hat layer of pigmen heads, like the PC version
- Particle effects, block breaking animations and sounds from other players are now shown on multiplayer
- Mineshafts will have cave spider spawners
- Custom kick and ban messages.
- Colored, bold, and italic text in chat and on signs.
- Improved performance when turning
- Chat now creates more lines for a single phrase if long enough
- Fixed a crash which occurs when switching armor in the armor GUI
- Fixed emerald ore floating
- Fixed emerald ore generating in place of monster eggs
- Fixed picking up items not having an animation
- MCPE-671 – Destroying the core before it cools down causes forever night
- MCPE-1120 – Jumping while approaching slabs
- MCPE-2024 – Weird gravity animation when the sand or gravel falls to the fence door or fence gate... (Happens on Survival and Creative)
- MCPE-4879 – Crash when items are removed from furnace.
- MCPE-5161 – Changing name in-game options (Survival and Creative)
- MCPE-5450 – Can't craft quartz stairs in the stonecutter
- MCPE-5455 – Duplicate of a player after a crash (Tested in Realms)
- MCPE-6599 – Even when bed is destroyed, you will spawn at the bed's location.
- MCPE-6628 – Wooden axe can't be used as fuel in a furnace
- MCPE-6667 – Can't back out of Restricted Site page without allowing website
- MCPE-6694 – Water level doesn't go down.
- MCPE-6813 – Zombie pigman does not have a helmet
- MCPE-6853 – Water overlap(?) ladder
- MCPE-6885 – Bedrock is breakable in Survival mode
- MCPE-6898 – Bone Meal Bug
- MCPE-6912 – Block collecting animation
- MCPE-6999 – Cobblestone walls in water
- MCPE-7050 – Fence attempts to connect to the gate
- MCPE-7166 – Mossy cobblestone wall item name incorrect
- MCPE-7830 – Feeding wolves and animals in Survival duplicates the food
- MCPE-7835 – Duplication glitch
- MCPE-7837 – Can't create a new world
- MCPE-7846 – Shadows under players and mobs are broken
- MCPE-7848 – Grass does not grow under or past fences
- MCPE-7854 – Grass blocks under water and under lava
- MCPE-7864 – Mobs on minecart do everything at double speed
- MCPE-7872 – Action button (ignite, tame, ...) can be use far away from the mob
- MCPE-7882 – Sand falls through torch
- MCPE-7883 – Sand glitch
- MCPE-7887 – Cocoa beans won't grow at all
- MCPE-7888 – Furnace glitch transfer oak planks to birch or any type
- MCPE-7904 – Door duplication glitch
- MCPE-7908 – Tapping the login to realms button opens unexitable 'not found' page
- MCPE-7912 – Double tall blocks delete any type of block
- MCPE-7915 – Water does not function properly on transparent blocks
- MCPE-7924 – It won't cause an update when silverfish break out of monster eggs.
- MCPE-7935 – Iron bars don't connect to glass panes.
- MCPE-7952 – Acacia and Dark Oak Stairs do NOT burn
- MCPE-7972 – Slimes die when closing/opening the world
- MCPE-8040 – No sound on multiplayer when host player is breaking or placing blocks
- MCPE-8047 – Portions of buildings gone or world's not saved
- MCPE-8048 – Bedrock does not spawn beneath mesas
- MCPE-8050 – Emerald generation happens after cave generation
- MCPE-8057 – Not saving after I play
- MCPE-8082 – Water does not flow when creating a new world
- MCPE-8108 – Compass leads secondary player to different point from primary player
This version of Minecraft may be planned to be released on the Microsoft HoloLens at an unknown time. Little is known about this version of Minecraft apart from its short appearance in a HoloLens promotional video.