- Bone Meal
- Nerfed like in the PC edition
- Can grow Ferns and Tall Grass in survival and creative
- Now grows Sugar Cane to maximum height (exclusive to MCPE)
- Pumpkin and melon stems only grow by one when bone meal is used
- Flowers now spawn other flowers when Bone Meal is used
- Fire and lava now ignite TNT.
- Redstone Ore now drops Redstone when mined
- Sideways pointing wood blocks
- New bow rendering & animated items
- New fire effect
- Remade painting rendering
- Thrown eggs now spawn baby chickens
- Wooden tools can now burn
- Lava buckets can now be placed in furnace to smelt items (100 items)
- Improved Signs and Chests synchronization lag in multiplayer
- Sand and Gravel now spawn resources when falling on torches, etc
- Position is now randomized
- 3D Clouds with new tessellation algorithm
- Held items are now rendered in 3D, and bob up and down slightly
- Lighter colored Water, Sky, and Grass
- Water fades to non-transparent in the distance (iOS only)
- Mipmaps (iOS only)
- Refactored most of the rendering to use indexed VBOs
- Remade arrow model
- Inventory is now rendered using cached VBOs
- New sky rendering using a triangle fan
- Separated far and near chunks in two queues for performance reasons
- Fog only on far chunks
- Transparency only on near chunks
- Alpha-test-only layers are hidden in far chunks
- Stencil Shadows
- Dynamic PC-like lighting on entities
- Ambient light tinting
- Light direction depends on sunlight direction - affects shadows (exclusive to MCPE)
- In Creative, players stop being on fire as soon as they exit fire/lava
- Creative Inventory Additions:
- New Creative Inventory, with four item categories
- Transparent hotbar
- Tapping the
[...] will close the inventory while open.
- Craftable recipes are shown first in the crafting screen
- When selecting an item in the inventory it replaces the one in the selected slot
- Changed the flow of Inventory for the Armor/Crafting screens so that the back button goes back to Inventory
- Moved Grey Wool in the right inventory slot
- Ice is not transparent anymore in the toolbar
- Improved Mob AI System (Mobs will swim over deep water, and hostile mobs will be more intelligent)
- Animals follow you when holding wheat (potato, carrot or beetroot for pigs)
- New defaults and changed options:
- Added far (256) and farthest (400) rendering distances
- Removed smooth lighting (now always on)
- Fancy is now default on
- Default rendering distance is now far
- Brought all textures from PC
- New texture atlas and texture generator script
- Other mobs are confirmed for this version, however it is still unknown which ones will be added.
- Generated Structures:
- Possibly a version-exclusive structure to replace the Nether Reactor
- Port of Minecraft PC world generation, allowing for generated structures such as villages, and other generated structures such as mineshafts, Villages, Dungeons, and/or Temples.
- This will only apply to new worlds. Older worlds will still expand/become infinite, but have the prior terrain generation.
- World Sizes
- Option to toggle world size-including infinite worlds, displaying a warning when selected.
- Realms will only be able to be generated with a finite size.
- New Biomes: 
- All the biomes as of PC version 1.7, excluding the more resource-intensive ones such as jungles and roofed forests.
- A version-exclusive biome found at the edge of finite worlds
- Tall Grass will naturally generate in Survival Mode
- Brand new controls 
- New World Options:
|Better controls for larger devices 
||Tommaso said via reddit/r/mcpe that more reachable controls for larger devices would be something "cool" to add in the future.
||At the Minecraft Pocket Edition panel at MineCon 2012, as well as one of Jbernhardsson's livestreams, it was stated that future plans include trying to have a proper use for cameras, perhaps an easier way to take screenshots and share them with others. Since the addition of toggling the GUI on and off, the camera has become useless except for taking a frontal picture. It's possible that they may never implement the camera because of this feature.
|Change of main menu button texture 
||Tommaso mentioned that he would like to add "some rocky texture" to the buttons, as the current texture is "too plain".
|Chat Scrolling 
||Johan said he would keep it in mind for future versions.
||Since 0.7.4, if you type in anything preceded with a / like a command from the PC Edition, it will say "Command [whatwasaftertheslash] not found", hinting that there may be pre-programmed commands in the code, but not fully implemented. Tommaso hinted that Commands might be fully implemented in 0.9
||Tomasso said that the crafting system would need to be changed in order to accommodate blocks and items with lots of variations, such as carpets.
||Johan tweeted, in response to a question, that customizable skins will be available soon. He later mentioned on the 0.7.0 livestream that Skin packs will probably be added soon. It is unknown if we will be having both user-created skins and skin packs, or just one of them.
|Day-night cycle in Creative Mode
||Tommaso has stated that a day-night cycle is being experimented with and has officially confirmed that night will not be in creative in 0.8.0, because it is still extremely buggy.
||Johan said in the Live Stream Minecraft MCO Beta "I think we will get that in the future", it is planned but he isn't sure if he can implement Enchanting.
|Flat Worlds 
||Tommaso tweeted that he was working on flat worlds.
|Increased Height Limit 
||Tommaso has said that right now, a 256-block height limit causes too much lag to be added. He has considered it for the future.
|More Difficulty Modes 
||With no specific date implied, Johan mentioned via reddit.com/r/mcpe that they'll be adding more difficulty modes.
|In-Game Music 
||Johan answered in a question in the 0.7 livestream that In-Game Music will be added in the next 2-3 updates, which at the time would have been either 0.9 or 1.0.
|New Survival Menu/New Controls
||Initially planned for 0.8.0, new controls allowing for sneaking and sprinting were pushed back to later versions by Johan. Also mentioned by Johan, was that a new survival menu would also be seen in the future updates.
|OpenGL ES Upgrade
||According to Tomasso, sometime after 0.9.0, MCPE will use OpenGL ES 2.0, which will allow for new changes such as an updated sound engine and mipmaps on Android.
||Johan said that redstone will be mineable in 0.8.0, however, it still can't be placed as redstone dust. They are planning to add it slowly per update starting in 0.8.0.
|Replacement of the Nether Reactor
||Johan mentioned on the issue tracker that the Nether Reactor may be replaced in the future. However, if the Nether does get implemented, it will most likely be next year because of preparations for the Beta Release. More recently via reddit.com/r/mcpe - Johan stated that the next iteration of the Nether Reactor will be some kind of "super dungeon" and that a PC like nether is not currently on their radar.
||Johan mentioned on the 0.5.0 livestream that wolves will possibly be added in the future. More recently, Jeb stated that wolves would require a new AI system, which has begun to be added in 0.8 .