Pocket Edition mentioned features
Many features have been mentioned for inclusion in the Pocket Edition.
Note that this page only documents features that were mentioned but are not yet in the game. Features in development versions are described on the parent version page.
Tommaso stated on reddit that he would like to add a "difficulty" number that mobs could have depending on their circumstances, such as resource that it spawns from and weather. This would vary the amount of hostile mobs at night and the amount of recources gained from each biome. He also stated that he would like more biome-specific mobs as well as biomes with specific difficulty/mob distributions.
This was partially added with the feature of spiders spawning from leaves.
Other world sizes
Tomasso stated on reddit that there may be other limited world sizes in addition to the current Old world type (256x256). These world sizes could be 1000x1000 and 10000x10000. Before realms were added, it was possible that these world sizes will come with realms and can only be used in realms.
From the PC version
The developers have mentioned many features from the PC version which will eventually be included in the Pocket Edition.
- Ender chests
- Bonus chests
- New sound engine, jukeboxes and music discs
- 256-block height limit
- Hardcore mode
- Stained Glass
- Twitch streaming
- Sharing worlds
- Server plugins
- Ocean monuments
- Boss fights
- Book and quills - may be implemented through voice dictation
- Multiplayer authentication from Mojang servers
- Mojang account sync on Pocket Edition (i.e. being able to use Mojang account for skins etc)
- Enderpearls and the End
- Enderpearls have been partially added in 0.14.0.
- PC Crafting.
- Non-smooth lighting returning when block models are improved
- Polar bears
- Some way to display coordinates without an F3 menu
- A recipe book which contains all crafting recipes, should MATTIS be taken out in the Windows 10 version
- MCPE for Oculus Rift and maybe Google Cardboard
- The ability to remap long touch to hardness-based touch (3D Touch) for iPhone 6S
- Ability for really large contraptions to work in unloaded chunks
- Splash screen for Android devices
- New Buttons:
- Dye [Sheep]
- A version exclusive underworld underground structure
- Cave Culling 2.0
- Change of GUI button texture
- Multiplayer chat scrolling
- Demo/lite version re-release
- Programming interface
- Copy worlds
- Tommaso mentioned adding 3-D grass on grass blocks; although he decided against it as it was expensive and clashes with the style.
- Windows 10 Edition & Minecraft PE only structure – seen in demonstrations of the Windows 10 Edition at MineCon.
- The following mobs were mentioned in a Q&A session, which although far fetched were tossed around – penguins, llamas, alpacas and wizards (but not spell-casting)
- A dream dimension
- Smoother auto-jump/auto-climb
- Villages generated on swamp biomes with cobblestone roads
- Option to play Realms over a cellular network
- Data-driven entity definitions
- Biome coloring on maps
- “I think it’s pretty cool, those huge “underworlds" are scary & buildable :) But we have no time to polish them, so perhaps 9.1!” – @_tomcc, March 14, 2014
- [email protected]_Sn1pezz we want to add some rocky texture to the buttons as they're too plain, but smaller would be harder to tap!” – @_tomcc, July 23, 2013
- [email protected] I will not have time to add the scrolling chat for this version but I will keep it in mind for future updates.” – @jbernhardsson, June 17, 2013
- “Well...... yes, good point! Will probably be done :)” – /u/mojang_tommo, Feb 23, 2014
- “Uhm, this came up this last hour but as usual looks like a mod. To the revert machine!” – @_tomcc, December 3, 2014
- [email protected]_MINER_MC probably not, right now it's really expensive & clashes with the style.” – @_tomcc, December 3, 2014
- “In MCPE news, working on Oculus this week, specifically on autoclimb. It means that the player should follow the terrain like a minecart!” – @_tomcc, November 30, 2015
- “Had a feeling of being followed for a while. Finally got proof. Restraining order has been filed. Pls report if seen” – @argo_major, January 24, 2016
- “If there were frogs in #MCPE, they would now be rejoicing...” – @argo_major, January 5, 2016
- [email protected] There’ll be an option in a future update to allow playing using a cellular network.” – @DMarby, June 20, 2016
- “Data driven entities are progressing pretty well, we almost can make an entity like the Skeleton just with JSON :) https://gist.github.com/Tomcc/41f62454 …” – @_tomcc, August 10, 2016
- “None of that is final or in any release, but check out Minecon to see what you can do with that blurb of code :)” – @_tomcc, August 10, 2016
- “A tiny new feature, different biomes have different colors on maps!” – @_tomcc, August 10, 2016