A (?) denotes version's info here is guess-work, possibly incorrect. Known bugs in the latest stable version can be reported on the official Issue tracker.
||Date of Addition
||December 19, 2013
0.8.2 (Amazon Fire TV)
- Added support for Amazon's FireTV version
- Added controller support Amazon's FireTV Controller
- Added interface for controller features.
- Game optimized for a faster experience
Note This version is developed by Amazon. Citation in Tomcc's Reddit
||December 19, 2013
- Charcoal texture changed to 1.6 texture
- MCPE-4495 Liquids not showing up to other players over LAN
- MCPE-6187 Baked Potatoes missing name and description
- Forceclosed duplication glitch
- Infinite Bone Meal
- No pickup animation
- Minecarts sometimes spin out of control
- Baked Potatoes have incorrect name
- Signs burn on contact with fire (iOS)
- Game Crashes when placing signs
||December 12, 2013
- Mining speed in Creative mode increases at/near mining distance limit (8 blocks per second)
- Bone Meal
- Nerfed like in the PC edition
- Can grow Ferns and Tall Grass in survival and creative
- Now grows Sugar Cane to maximum height (exclusive to MCPE)
- Pumpkin and melon stems only grow by one when bone meal is used
- Flowers now spawn other flowers when Bone Meal is used
- Fire and lava now ignite TNT.
- In creative mode, players stop burning as soon as they exit fire/lava
- Redstone Ore now drops Redstone when mined
- Sideways pointing wood blocks
- New bow rendering & animated items
- New visual effect for burning mobs
- Remade painting rendering
- Eating particles are shown to look like the food being eaten rather than random pixels from the food.
- Thrown eggs now spawn baby chickens
- Wooden tools can now be used as fuel.
- Lava buckets can now be placed in furnace to smelt items (100 items)
- Improved Signs and Chests synchronization lag in multiplayer
- Sand and Gravel now spawn resources when falling on torches, etc.
- The textures of some blocks are randomly rotated, for a more natural effect
- Position is now randomized
- 3D Clouds with new tessellation algorithm
- Held items are now rendered in 3D, and bob up and down slightly when idle and sway to the side when turning.
- Lighter colored Water, Sky, and Grass
- Water fades to non-transparent in the distance (iOS only)
- Mipmaps (iOS only)
- Refactored most of the rendering to use indexed VBOs
- Remade arrow model
- Inventory is now rendered using cached VBOs
- New sky rendering using a triangle fan
- Separated far and near chunks in two queues for performance reasons
- Fog only on far chunks
- Transparency only on near chunks
- Alpha-test-only layers are hidden in far chunks
- Stencil Shadows
- Dynamic PC-like lighting on entities
- Ambient light tinting on entities
- Light direction depends on sunlight direction on entities - affects shadows (exclusive to MCPE)
- Creative Inventory Additions:
- New Creative Inventory, with four item categories
- Hotbar now saves on Creative worlds
- Items being moved to/from a chest is now correctly rendered.
- Transparent hotbar
- Tapping the
[...] now closes the inventory while open
- Craftable recipes are shown first in the crafting screen
- If there is 99+ of an item in the inventory, it now shows the actual quantity in crafting table, rather than 99+
- When selecting an item in the inventory it replaces the one in the selected slot
- Changed the flow of Inventory for the Armor/Crafting screens so that the back button goes back to Inventory
- Moved Grey Wool in the right inventory slot
- Ice is not transparent anymore in the hotbar
- Items that are not supposed to be in the game no longer have a red background in the hotbar/inventory
- Improved Mob AI System (Mobs swim over deep water, and hostile mobs are now more intelligent)
- Baby animals follow the adult animal of their species
- Animals follow the player when holding wheat (cows and sheep), seeds (chickens) or Potatoes/Beetroot/Carrots (pigs)
- Sheep have the color overlay of its wool around its face and when sheared (iOS only).
- Increased speed for spiders
- New defaults and changed options:
- Added far (256) and farthest (400) rendering distances
- Removed smooth lighting (now always on)
- Fancy is now default on
- Default rendering distance is now far
- Brought all textures from PC
- New texture atlas and texture generator script
- There is no animation for picking up items
- When putting a stack of items to/from a chest, one of the items briefly appears to stay in the slot.
- When holding two stacks with different quantities, one being 64, the other appears as a duplicate of the aforementioned stack.
- The circle that appears when destroying blocks unnexpectedly disappears, only reappearing when the game is force closed.
- Igniting a certain amount of TNT in creative occasionally drops recources for blocks that otherwise wouldn't.
- In the inventory, clocks always appears as noon and compasses always points down.
- Beds have white texture underneath.
- Baked Potatoes have incorrect description.
- Chickens do not follow the player if holding melon seeds.
- No realm support for iOS
- Nether quartz double slabs are the old texture of nether quartz blocks
||Android - October 11, 2013
iOS - October 16, 2013
- New app logo
- New keyboard design for iOS 7 (iOS only)
- Realms servers are now displayed in alphabetical order.
- An "Invited to Realms Alpha?" option which moved the login button to the options menu.
- The 'Disconnected from server' kick message has been replaced with a proper kick screen.
- Realms Fixes
- Crash bug fixes
- Players can now throw eggs on Realms.
- Trapdoors fixed
- Doors fixed
- Bows look like they are about to shoot in hand.
- Throwing eggs,snowballs,or using a bow or eating in survival requires tapping and holding on a reachable block.
||Android - September 4, 2013
iOS - September 12, 2013
||Amazon - August 31, 2013
Google Play and iOS - September 2, 2013
- Added an "External" button in the edit section of world create menu, for IP-connecting to servers.
- Added a very faint sound when tools break, as well as a sound when flint and steel is used.
- Tapping and holding Flint and Steel on a Creeper will cause the creeper to start explosion countdown.
- The Splash now changes every time a world is quit.
- Added commands, however when attempting to use any command "Error: Command not found" displays.
- Added chiseled quartz to survival mode.
- The moon now has different phases.
- Fire now has idle sounds when the player is within proximity.
- Clouds are now slightly darker, to correspond to the cloud color in PC.
- The orbit size of the sun and moon around the player has been increased, fixing a sun and moon size problem, as well as the sun appearing in front of the clouds.
- The sun now disappears during night and vice versa, fixing MCPE-4925.
- After eating food, a burp can be heard.
- Flint and Steel now produces different sound when it comes to burn something.
- Eggs can be thrown rapidly if you keep on tapping and holding the screen in both creative and survival.
- Fire now has a different sound when burning.
- Each message displayed by the server now has a tag (e.g. 'Disconnected from server' now reads '<error> Disconnected from server').
||August 15, 2013
- Sun, Moon, stars, sunrise and sunset.
- Improved title screen
- Pocket realms improvements:
- Double Chests
- When Chests are put together, if you had items in the left chest they will appear at the bottom, not the top. Items from the right chest will also appear on the top. Make sure there is nothing in the chests, it may cause you to lose items.
- Chests now have an open/close animation.
- The Player can open chests in creative, but not look inside; they will immediately close.
- Quartz slabs
- Added more friction when flying in Creative Mode (iOS).
- Wooden slab material changed to wood instead of stone. Wooden Slabs stored from before 0.7.3 are tagged as Fake Wood Slab and drop regular wooden slabs when mined.
- Mobs now light on fire under sunlight.
- When creating a new world,the default name shows "My World".
- MCPE-4546 - You can't type capital W in world or seed
- MCPE-4122 - Glowing Obsidian can yield resources with an Iron pickaxe, but obsidian can only be mined with a Diamond one
- MCPE-3989 - Inventory bug (throwing items in hand while in a gui)
- MCPE-3988 - Furnace crash bug *SEVERE*
- MCPE-39 - Wooden Slab hard to break w/ Axe (easy w/ pick)
- All leaves placed will instead place oak leaves.
- Double chests turn dark when placing a block over it, but only on a certain side.
- Falling into the void causes the player to fall infinitely, rather than die.
- Sun, moon, and stars appear to follow the player.
- When the hide GUI option is on and you go in your inventory the select blocks appears to be the color of the sky
- On multiplayer, the client cannot hear the chest sound.
- Still cannot type capital W in create world screen.
- Crafting wood slabs only returns one slab.
- The new double wood slabs still don't burn, although break with an axe.
- Using a bucket causes the bucket to be moved to the inventory, and if there is no space for it, the bucket will be deleted.
- Chests are flat when held or on the ground
- The break circle is over sized on iOS devices
- Pressing the back button (Android) in the chest interface will exit the player to the menu screen, although the world you are in still proceeds, leading to a large amount of other bugs:
- Pressing the options button on the title screen will show the options menu as if you were in the world still, transparent showing your game in the background.
- Reentering your world normally will cause the screen to violently shake, making it impossible to walk anywhere. This causes your own world to show up to you as a server. If you enter the server, you may walk for a few seconds, then it will kick you and say UNABLE TO CONNECT.
- Sandstone stairs aren't craftable on survival.
- Pillar and Chisled Quartz aren't craftable in survival.
- Rarely the splash text will be invisible.
- Lava buckets are unusable in the furnace.
- When creating new worlds on creative, sometimes the inventory has double chest properties.
- Cannot make double chest on Realms.
- Skeleton missing abdomen.
- Sun appears in front of clouds.
||July 4, 2013
- Nametags for multiplayer
- Player List
- Pressing "Edit" on the world selection screen now shows world seeds.
- Chat is easier to use (Unicode support)
- Slight GUI change
- Added more friction when flying in Creative Mode (Android).
- Added new sound to Zombie Pigman.
- Added symbols in Minecraft font to use in chat.
- Sleeping now takes a shorter time (equivalent to PC).
- The multiplayer servers now show up at the top of the play menu, rather than the bottom.
- MCPE-389 - Loading a world with a dot after the name
- MCPE-1723 - Inability to type the "ñ" letter and the accents (á,é,í,ó,ú)
- MCPE-2956 - Armor disappearing
- MCPE-3963 - Item Display Name
||June 7, 2013
- The logo appears to have an updated look on the title screen.
- MCPE-1691 - D-pad too small to play.
- MCPE-2407 - Game crash when signs destroyed.
- MCPE-2453 - Furnace broken.
- MCPE-2458 - Messed up fire animation.
- MCPE-2461 - Eating animation missing.
- MCPE-2541 - Armor can't be removed.
- MCPE-2757 - Creating Realm Server Fails without Error Message.
- MCPE-2946 - GUI on sub 6 inch 1080p Phones.
- Cows can be milked in creative, but then, there won´t be empty bucket.
- Fixed losing milk buckets when crafting cake.
- Fixed not being able to obtain water with buckets in split-touch controls.
- Fixed opening another available world when creating a new world while scrolling.
- MCPE-2464 - Item names not correct.
- MCPE-2873 - Incorrect Dark-leave texture block (Survival and Creative).
- MCPE-3857 - Empty buckets can destroy water blocks (Survival and Creative).
- MCPE-3956 - When you pick up water, lava or milk with the buckets, the bucket will disappear from the hotbar, and will be moved to the inventory.
- MCPE-3992 - D-Pad too big for QVGA devices
||June 5, 2013
- Lava Texture is now animated.
- The size of the circle that appears when destroying blocks is adjustable along with the adjusting the D-pad size.
- Connecting players inventory is now saved on server.
- Revamped Menus
- New title screen with Play, Play on Realms and Options buttons.
- In the Play section you can play in your world locally.
- In the "Play on Realms" section you can play online by creating or joining a Pocket Realms server (you have to be invited by the host).
- The Options section, which can also be accessed ingame, and has four subsections.
- Ingame username, difficulty (peaceful or normal are the only options at the moment), 3rd person view & local server multiplayer
- Sensitivity, invert Y-axis, lefty, play with touch, D-pad size, split controls & vibrate when destroying blocks
- View distance, fancy graphics, beautiful skies, animated water, smooth lighting, & hide GUI (The equivalent of pressing F1 on Minecraft Pro)
- Not all options are available on all devices
- MCPE-131 - Dyes sometimes show up as the wrong color when holding in hand.
- MCPE-173 - No water animation. (iOS)
- MCPE-381 - Bows aren't destroyed after taking maximum damage.
- MCPE-404 - Can't enter seed on T-mobile G2
- MCPE-1212 - Torch placement is incorrect.
- MCPE-1296 - Breaking a door destroys or duplicates it.
- MCPE-1366 - Crash when TNT blows up Paintings.
- MCPE-1896 - Cannot see what seed is being entered.
- MCPE-2407 - game crash when signs destroyed
- MCPE-2453 - Furnace broken
- MCPE-2458 - Messed up fire animation
- MCPE-2461 - Eating animation missing
- MCPE-2464 - Item names not correct.
- MCPE-2475 - Milk bucket fills in creative, but then no empty bucket to pick up water/lava.
- MCPE-2541 - Armor can't be removed
- MCPE-2564 - Can't pick up water when using split touch controls
- MCPE-2680 - Cake takes away buckets along with milk
- Wrong textures when placing dark-leave block.
- Can´t see when the player throw snowballs in multiplayer
- Attempting to create a new world opens another available world while scrolling.
- Fire doesn't activate TNT.
- Torch will be destroyed if water is in the top of it (Survival).
- Zombies and skeletons doesn't get on fire when its day time.
- Diamond Pickaxe shows as Shovel in 3rd Person view.
- Chickens spawned from eggs have 5 hearts (10 hp) instead of the regular 2 hearts (4 hp).
- Chickens spawned from eggs are full grown adults instead of chicks.
- In the Options menu, there is no "Vibrate When Breaking Blocks" option on iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.
- MCPE-2569 - Opening Chat Places a Block If the Block Can Be Placed
||Android - January 31, 2013
iOS - February 2, 2013
- Crash Bugs: multiplayer chests and Sign input
- Newly put on armor items would overwrite old if it wasn't removed first.
- Half slabs get stuck in "upper" position.
- Xperia Play controls (Android)
- Sandstone, Nether Quartz and Stone Brick stairs having random texture
- Nether Quartz stairs not having a language file name
- Sand and Gravel no longer disappear when falling.
||January 30, 2013
Notice for Android users: Starting with this update, Minecraft Pocket Edition requires Android 2.3 or later. This means the game no longer supports Android 2.1 or 2.2, but you will still be able to play older versions of Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Baby animals
- Baby animals only spawn in new worlds.
- The Sky and Clouds (Appearance varies between fast and slow devices)
- Improved D-pad
- Design is more blocky and less rounded
- When in flight mode, there is a "wing" icon on the jump button
- Applying process is similar to smelting: choose from armour on the left and see a preview of the player on the right
- Nether Brick (item) (smelted from netherrack and crafted into nether brick tile)
- Nether Quartz
- Upside-down stairs, corner stairs
- Slabs can be placed in up position (needs testing on small screens).
- Sand and Gravel are affected by gravity.
- Recipes for crafting slabs give 6 slabs instead of 3 (as in PC version).
- Nether Reactor spawns Netherrack blocks instead of Obsidian.
- The fog and sky color have changed.
- Sheep look different.
- Sheep can be colored with dyes.
- The Nether Reactor now spawns more items.
- Cows drop Leather.
- When holding a slot in the hotbar, to toss an item out, the frame of the bar turns green as well.
- Melons can be crafted with 9 melon slices.
- (For some Android devices only) The way to go to the pause menu, is to use (<-) instead of (|=|)
- MCPE-143 - Doors, trap doors and ladders does not drop correctly in survival when adjacent to destroyed blocks
- MCPE-356 - Blocks placed where ice was don't show up in multiplayer
- MCPE-581 - Two stone bricks in creative menu
- MCPE-591 - No description for Paintings or Glowstone
- MCPE-592 - Melons grow back nearly instantly
- MCPE-612 - Melon seeds have pumpkin seed sprite
- MCPE-613 - Paintings deflect arrows
- MCPE-642 - Cactus can't grow on sand block near water
- MCPE-668 - Charging the bow breaks pictures
- MCPE-717 - 1 melon stem can produce 2-4 melons
- MCPE-722 - Torches when placed underwater do not drop
- MCPE-883 - Wrong sugarcane drop from the reactor and creative mode
- Melon Slices had a red background.
- When placing blocks/signs after the update released, the next time you load the world, the blocks disappear.
- Sugar Cane has a red background
- Pixel bug when you see yourself move in the armor interface.
- False armor description
- Nether Quartz, Sandstone, and Stone stairs vary depending on which direction they are place.
- When damaged, only the helmet of the entire armor set turns red.
- When dyed Sheep are hurt, the sheep's legs can be seen through.
- When placing a torch on the floor of a one-block wide space, the torch will be placed on the wall instead.
- When sand and gravel falls, they will disappear often.
- There is no description for melon seeds.
- When the block a Sign is placed on is broken, the Sign won't drop.
- Explosions may not destroy blocks.
||November 15, 2012
- Food heals more health
- MCPE-20 - Food not restoring the right number of hearts
- Easier to get out of bed
- MCPE-51 - Bed: Respawn at the wrong height?
- MCPE-105 - You can't exit your bed with Split Touch controls
- Sleeping now restores health
- Health bar is now displayed at the top-left of the screen and not above the hotbar anymore
- The game is less foggy
- When jumped on, crops turn back to dirt.
- Sugar Cane can now be grown on sand.
- MCPE-408 - Sugarcane is unable to be placed on sand
- Mushrooms can now be farmed.
- The name of a selected item or block is displayed over the hotbar.
- New animations for Zombies, Skeletons and Zombie Pigmen
- MCPE-1 - Trapdoors can't be crafted in survival
- MCPE-2 - No description at Smooth stone in crafting bench
- MCPE-4 - You can't leave your bed when sleeping
- MCPE-6 - No explosion sound when creeper explodes
- MCPE-7 - Seeds drop below grass block when using hoe
- MCPE-11 - Survival bugs: Crop tiles survives farmland destroyed underneath them
- MCPE-14 - When destroying the top half of a bed in creative mode, it give a bed back as a resource
- MCPE-17 - TNT, Flint and Steel and Stone Bricks aren't available in the creative mode inventory
- MCPE-18 - Grass block not available in Creative mode inventory
- MCPE-23 - Door Duplication
- MCPE-27 - Not possible to activate peaceful mode
- MCPE-29 - Trapdoors can be placed on transparent blocks like flowers, saplings, glass etc.
- MCPE-30 - Placing door on a farmland will create a floating half-door
- MCPE-46 - Torch can be placed on side of fence
- MCPE-57 - Multiplayer infinity bone meal
- MCPE-93 - Players sleeping in a bed can be pushed off the bed
- MCPE-115 - Breaking block with torch on it
- MCPE-134 - Can't sleep with my half slabs around a bed
- MCPE-160 - Lava burns character when lava is several blocks away
- MCPE-172 - Stone bricks: Missing description
- MCPE-189 - Missing Fence Sound Effect
- MCPE-190 - Farmland and other plants bug
- MCPE-216 - Steel and flint don't take damage
- MCPE-218 - Bed: Should sleep when pressing the bottom end
- MCPE-237 - Extra Feathers For Player 2
- MCPE-261 - Player can fly out of the world
- MCPE-269 - Using an item can sometimes attack animal/player when not facing them
- MCPE-272 - Animals sometimes never respawn in a map
- MCPE-303 - Sleeping at the edge of the map causes you to spawn really high in the sky after you die
- MCPE-345 - Torches Jumping off Fences
- MCPE-370 - Trapdoor placement bug
- MCPE-382 - Player 1 places torches on ground, but player 2 sees them on the wall
- MCPE-387 - Stuck when walking down side of fence when reaching closed gate
- MCPE-390 - Cannot select stone brick stone in creative
- MCPE-422 - Crash when loading saved world
- MCPE-491 - Disappearing trapdoors
- Worlds crash when a player tries to open a chest.(On some devices)
- Sometimes when harvesting seeds with a hoe, the seeds still go through the block it was harvested from.
- The tooltip/name for block for the Cyan flower says "Rose"
- Melons grow multiple melons
- The seeds for the melons are pumpkin seeds from the PC version
- Melon slices have a red background
- Paintings and Glowstone don't have a description.
- There are two stone bricks in the creative inventory (iOS only)
|0.4.0 rev 2 (iOS)
||September 14, 2012
- Added support for iPhone 5 resolution
- Explosions now destroy ground
- Creative blocks:
- TNT (note: cannot be activated due to absence of Flint and Steel)
- Stone Bricks
||September 6, 2012
- Blocks & Items
- New crafting recipes
- Hoe (wheat seeds obtained by using hoe on grass blocks)
- Additions to creative inventory:
- Red dye can be obtained by smelting red mushrooms
- Added several more dyes (crafted from primary dyes).
- Zombies now drop feathers.
- Made the day longer
- Limited the total number of a given monster type.
- When using an item, the player’s movement speed is decreased.
- Snowballs can now be thrown.
- Animal spawning (being worked on)
- Monsters could spawn indoors.
- Added fall damage for clients.
- Players could hit each other far away.
- Incorrect bow rendering in 3rd person view.
- Missing particles after critical arrows
- Stairs reverted to their basic blocks when destroyed
- Charging the bow could destroy certain blocks (flowers, torches), or interact with blocks.
- The game crashes if the player is killed while having charging a bow.
- Connecting players could die in Creative mode.
- Dark leaves sometimes have Crafting Table texture.
- Wrong crafting table size for Xperia Play
- Bow doesn't take damage when used.
- Non-dark brown tree trunks are now added back to the game (you may need to start a new world as host).
- Destroying a door could leave half a door.
- Missing spider death sound on iOS.
- Seeds fall through the grass block they are collected from.
- Trapdoors cannot be crafted in survival.
- Placing a block over planted seeds destroys the seeds.
- Mobs still move when game is paused.
- Food doesn't regenerate as much health as it should (bread labeled "heals 2 and a half hearts" heals only one, apples and raw meat heal one and soup and cooked meat heal only two).
- Creepers spawn indoors.
- The description for Stone Bricks in the crafting menu says "tile.stonebricksmooth: couldn't find desc"
- When sleeping and your finger is moving above the torch, the flame particle will move awkwardly.
- Creeper spawn ratio is high.
- Bows have glitched textures sometimes for humans and skeletons.
- Food animation for third person doesn't work
- Explosions are silent (All you hear for creepers is "sssssss" and the creeper disappears)
- Explosions usually does not destroy ground, only snow.
- If one places a door on a torch, wheat, or other transparent blocks, the door is immediately destroyed but sometimes drops two doors upon destruction. It is possible to get infinite doors this way.
- One can place a torch on the side of a fence, however, due to a lack of a surface to connect to, the torch appears to be placed on air or on the block next to the block the fence is on. A block update does not fix this, and the torch remains until either it or the fence is destroyed.
||August 9, 2012
- Item decay time extended to 5 minutes
- 6 slot hotbar for all devices
- Improved brightness
- Falling from certain heights plays a bone breaking sound.
- Removed Fire, fixing a bug where fire would spread throughout an entire world after a single flammable block had been set aflame by lava.
- Corrected crafting recipes for furnace, Block of Iron, Lapis Lazuli Block, Block of Gold and Block of Diamond.
- Fixed furnace crash bug.
- Sapling/leaves fixes.
- Crafting doors now requires a crafting table.
- Torches can now be placed on fences.
- Dandelion Yellow dye no longer appears as an egg in MATTIS or the hotbar
- A bug where cactus and door placed next to each other would remove the bottom door block (and top one if a 2 level cactus).
- Removed particles from spawning when you hit the edges of the world.
- Stairs now block light.
- Some sounds that are missing can now be heard: cow hurt sound, the sound when you break glass/ice.
- A bug where fence gate would not appear in the user’s hand but in the world.
- If the player stands on a slab and creats another one, the player falls through both slabs.
- Swords (and other tools) now take damage from attacking mobs.
- Golden tools are no longer more resistant than wooden tools.
- The rear end texture is upside down on some animals.
- The D-pad on iPad no longer/rarely intersects with the item slots.
- Users can no longer place sugar cane in water.
- Dark green leaves have correct textures when cut by shear.
- Blocks placed on snow aren’t duplicated in multiplayer.
- Torch lighting not as effective.
- Bows don't lose durability.
- Sometimes when holding a bow, it shows the bow and the arrow.
- When aiming using a bow in third person mode, the bow is above the hand.
- Some sounds are missing: Spider's death sound, etc.
- Drawing back an arrow destroys non-solid blocks when aimed at.
- Dandelion Yellow and Bone Meal sometimes appear as green dye in hand and also in third person mode.
- Hostile mobs have incorrect health (for example, Zombies now take up to 2 hits with a Diamond Sword.)
- Sometimes aiming with a bow crashes the game and some of your items in a furnace are deleted.
- The animation for drawing back the bow has gaps in between the pixels.
||July 16, 2012
- Less flickering/Z-fighting on some devices.
- Having one of an item or block no longer displays the 1.
- Mobs have correct health.
- Fixed rendering of fence gate and half block in hand.
- Saplings aren't available in Creative.
- Saplings aren't visible in the hotbar.
- Dandelion Yellow is shown as an egg (and vice versa) in MATTIS and the hotbar.
- Swords don't lose durability when attacking mobs.
- Crafting an iron block only requires 6 iron ingots, but an iron block yields 9 iron ingots.
- Crafting a Wooden Door only requires 4 Wooden Planks.
- Crafting Stairs only require 3 of the required material, but generates only one Wooden Stair (i.e. 3 Wooden Planks for 1 Staircase).
- Furnaces and Ladders require 5 Cobblestone and 5 Sticks respectively.
- Tapping on a furnace crashes the client in (MP)Creative.
||April 24, 2012
Still Called 0.3.0 in the changelog
- Fixed Icons Bug
- More inventory space
- Smaller GUI
||April 24, 2012
- Crafting - Minecraft Advanced Touch Technology Interface System (MATTIS) crafting system
- New sounds
- New inventory
- Added bookshelves to Survival Mode
- Bookshelves drop 3 bookshelves rather than 3 books when destroyed.
- Items have wrong images.
- Game force closes upon opening on some devices.
- All items are craftable, with or without a crafting table. (Tested on Xperia Play only)
- Game restarts the device upon opening on some devices. (Tested Xperia play)
- When trying to craft brick slabs or brick stairs, the game thinks you have one brick rather than infinite.
- There are two torch recipes for crafting, however one requires charcoal and is unusable.
- With wooden slabs, the dropped icon and the icon in your hand is a stone slab.
- If you have one block or item in a slot, a 1 appears next to it.
- Despite having no furnace, iron ore can still be mined and dropped. It appears invisible in the inventory but can be placed.
- Leaf blocks have the texture of crafting table sides when held, do not stack, and have a durability bar.
- In Survival Mode, doors cannot be collected when broken.
- Sugar cane drops its item icon in Creative mode, and you can "pick it up".
- If you drop an item and two different blocks, the axe symbol shows the infinity symbol rather than a 1 after being picked up.
- Stone slabs are unobtainable in Survival Mode.
- Swords do not lose durability when used on a mob, only when used to break blocks.
- When the limit of blocks is reached, it can still be crafted, but it won't produce anything.
- Crafting a wooden door requires four wooden planks and can be crafted without a crafting table, unlike the PC version, requiring six wooden planks using a crafting table.
- Lava relentlessly spreads fire all over a world, also allowing water to be set on fire.
- On rare occasions, charcoal will drop from coal ore instead of the usual coal. This is the only way to use the seemingly unusable torch recipe.
- Cameras are very glitchy.
|0.2.1 alpha2 (Android)
||March 17, 2012
- Major bug fix for some tablet devices and smart Phones in which the game was unable to open.
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 fixed
||March 14, 2012
- Flying is changed; ascend/descend by sliding from the center button to the up/down button.
- Bigger screens have more hotbar icons.
- Blocks now have 'cracking' animation when you destroy them.
- The circle shown when breaking blocks is sharper.
- Enabling Split Touch mode once makes the game crash (without error message) on starting (old or new) world. Even uninstall/install cycle won't help (Acer Iconia).
- When flying above the height limit in third-person, the player turns invisible.
- No breaking animation is displayed while unerwater.
- Other players die in creative multiplayer if they go into lava.
- In creative mode, flying above the height limit lets you walk on the edge of the world, on top of the block invisible bedrock found in the files of the game.
- Sometimes in multiplayer, if you a place a block, the game puts another block on top of the block you just placed.
- When someone dies in multiplayer, rarely they will be invisible and zombies will not attack the invisible player.
- If you host a game, you will suffer from fall damage but others who join will not. If you join a game, you will not suffer but the host of the game will die from fall damage.
- The outer circle while you're breaking a block (using normal controls, not split touch) usually disappears.
- You can put cacti on any block as long as it has snow on top of it.
||February 11, 2012
Still Called 0.2.0 in the changelog Fixes
- Major bug fix for some phones that crashed while trying to create a new world
||iOS - February 17, 2012
Android - February 11, 2012
- New Game Modes
- Creative (All worlds created before alpha 0.2.0 will be in creative)
- Flight ability - Tap the jump button twice to initiate flight. From there, double tap and hold up or down to ascend or descend respectively.
- Crafting not yet available.
- Because of this, stone shovels, stone pickaxes, stone axes, shears, stone swords, ladders, torches, wooden doors, fences, fence gates, wooden planks, Bricks, stone and wooden stairs, stone slabs, and 13 of the 16 colored wool blocks (excluding light gray, magenta, and orange), glass, and leaves are included in survival mode
- Day-night cycle
- Although it is Survival, the user can still see the blocks as though in Creative mode, but cannot use them unless having gathered the respective material.
- This effectively works as the Inventory, but lacks to standard 2x2 crafting grid from the original inventory.
- Some materials (Tools and anything that can not be naturally acquired) are in infinite stacks which is indicated by ∞ (infinity) symbols.
- When an item that has not been gathered is selected, the player's fist is shown.
- Added Hitpoints Bar same as computer version (health will slowly regenerate, similar to peaceful difficulty in the computer version).
- Added Oxygen bar when under water, adding the ability to drown and die.
- Added Death with options to respawn or go to main menu.
- Zombies spawn at night.
- When breaking materials, any material can be gathered regardless of what tool is used.
- Stone Shovel
- Stone Pickaxe
- Stone Axe
- Stone Sword
- Shearing a sheep requires tapping and holding on the sheep, similar to breaking a block. Simply tapping on it hurts the sheep and eventually kills it (8 hits).
- When attempting to type in a seed, the virtual keyboard covers up the box you type the seed into and you cannot see what you are typing.
- White wool is unobtainable.
- Stone blocks are unobtainable in Survival.
- There is no fire displayed when zombies burn in sunlight.
- Mobs can be hit through glass.
- Fence gates are not displayed when selected.
- Mobs can be hit through doors when looking through the window part of the door.
- Sugar cane is unobtainable in survival.
- Placing ladder on a block with a thin snow layer on it and no block behind it makes it invisible, with its normal hitbox, until a block directly adjacent to it is updated. The ladder will then drop as a collectible item (lighting updates via torch do apply).
- When killed by another player, items that weren't even obtained by the player will appear (e.g.: obsidian, etc.)
- Fences are sometimes invisible when placed close to water.
- Block of Iron, Block of Gold, and Block of Diamond are not in the survival mode inventory.
- Game crashes when trying to create a new world on some phones.
- Sometimes the forward button doesn't work on right handed mode.
- Sometimes the player can't collect items.
- Trees that grow have a different Wood Block ID (oak) and color than the Wood blocks in your Inventory (pine), thus making it impossible to pick up oak logs.
- Sugar Cane doesn't drop when mined.
- When the bottom block of a Cactus is broken, it only drops one Cactus block instead of all that were above it as well.
- Torches cannot be placed on fences.
||December 14, 2011
- Fixed bug with opening dialogs after closing the options menu
- Improvements in network chunk loading
- Added an "Update game!" block used as placeholder for not yet supported block types
||December 3, 2011
- Better tablet support
- Less oversized ingame UI elements
- Performance improvements, especially in Non-Fancy graphics mode
- Added cacti to deserts
- Added Turn Sensitivity setting
- Improvements in network chunk loading
- More sounds in J-version
- Fixed a crash bug when connecting to some iOS server maps
- Fixed blocks placed on snow were added incorrectly in multiplayer
- When the game tries to generate a world the green "bar" will freeze and not generate a world on some phones. This crashes the game.
||November 17, 2011
- First release for iOS devices
- iOS exclusive controls.
- Cacti, Iron Ore and other ores can be found in the game files, but are unobtainable.
||October 13, 2011
- Third person view for all devices
- Mirrored controls for left handed players
- In-game sound toggle
- Help text if license verification fails
||October 8, 2011
||October 7, 2011
|0.1.0 (Xperia PLAY)
||August 16, 2011
0.1.0 (Xperia PLAY)
- Randomized worlds
- Placing and destroying blocks
- 37 blocks
- Ladders that work like before Beta 1.5 for PC
- Cyan Flower
- Red and brown Mushrooms
- Sugar Cane
- Gray, Pink, Lime, Yellow, Light Blue, Blue, Purple, Cyan, White, Red, Green, and Brown Wool
- Wooden and Cobblestone stairs
- Stone slabs
- Wood Planks
- Gold, Iron, and Diamond blocks
- Unavailable (These blocks are in the game generator, but not in the inventory management screen):
- TNT (Block exists but cannot be selected ingame)
- An unused file for a Camera
- Ability to invite and play multiplayer on a world (wireless local area network)
- Save multiplayer worlds on device
- There is a file that is able to run on Android called minecraftpe.apk on the Minecraft Assets: minecraftpe.apk
An early screenshot of the game.
- The game looked exactly like the old Classic build on PC (bright green grass/leaves, no birch/pine trees).
- There were clouds/sky in the game.
- Inventory hotbar had smaller look and could handle 9 items.