Pocket Edition Alpha 0.2.1
From Minecraft Wiki
Alpha 0.2.1 added new control options, as well as other changes and fixes.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- New controller option – Split Touch Controls
- This option may be more suitable for devices with larger screens. The cross hair is in the right half of the screen.
- Added bookshelves in Creative mode.
- Sugar cane is now infinite (unable to collect them).
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Pigs now naturally spawn.
- Flying is changed; ascend/descend by sliding from the center button to the up/down button.
- Bigger screens have more hotbar icons.
- Blocks now have 'cracking' animation when destroying them.
- The circle shown when breaking blocks is sharper.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The demo/lite edition of Pocket Edition was essentially this version (until it was removed from the iOS and Android App Stores on October 21, 2013), but without world save functionality.
- If a player has downloaded the Pocket Edition Lite version before it was removed from the app store, the app will still function normally when opened, and the player can keep the app and download it again if it was purchased before it was removed from the app stores.