||This page contains content on features that will be included in a future update.
These features are confirmed, but not yet added to the game.
This page is about upcoming features that have been announced by Mojang and 4J Studios employees. For the official change list, see 4JStudios' Minecraft Forum thread.
||Xbox 360 equivalent
- 1.2.3 features
- Texture pack support
- Mash-up pack support
- 'Mash-up pack' will be a combination of resources (textures, BGMs, and so on) and "themed worlds" (world data). It also makes Minecraft look like another game. It has also been confirmed that the full versions of Mash-Up Packs will not be free.
Features brought forward:
- 1.3.1 feature: Added dispensing Boats and Minecarts to Dispenser.
- 1.3.1 feature: Cocoa pods grow on jungle trees
- 1.4.2 feature: Mob head (creative only; there are no Wither Skeletons.)
- 1.3.1 feature: Items can be placed directly on upside down slabs and stairs.
- 1.4.2 feature: Updated leather armor texture
- 1.4.2 feature: Corner stairs automatically change its shape
- 1.4.6 feature: Dropped items are rendered in 3D
- 1.5.2 feature: Updated textures which includes,new
textures for lava,leather armor and raw food.
- 1.2.4 Feature: Birch and Spruce wood planks, slabs and stairs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Buckets now stackable up to 16.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Sandstone stairs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Signs are now stackable to 16.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Sign recipe gives 3 Signs.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Dispensers will now exempt liquids from a filled bucket when given a redstone but do not properly fill empty buckets with a dispensed liquid due to a bug.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Gravel uses as it's texture.
- 1.3.1 Feature: Nether Wart will now grow in the Overworld.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Wooden Button Currently, they cannot be activated by shooting them with arrows, unlike wooden buttons in the PC version.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Item frames.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Stone Button now requires one block of stone instead of two.
- 1.4.2 Feature: Trapdoors can be placed on half slabs and stairs
- 1.4.6 Feature: Nether Brick slabs.
- 1.5 Feature: Nether Bricks can be made by smelting Netherrack.
- 1.4.6 Feature: Item name appears above hotbar when switching to it.
- 1.1 Feature: Bows are enchantable
- 1.3 Feature: Based on newer Enchanting system. Maximum level for enchantment is 30 instead of 50 but the player can surpass level 50 and go up over 100.
- 1.3 Feature: You'll receive experience from smelting and/or mining ores (e.g. iron ingots when smelting, redstone ores when mining).
- 1.4 Feature: Experience from breeding.
- 1.4 Feature: Chickens are bred with seeds