|Date of birth||
July 23, 1991 (age 25)
|Bug tracker profile|
|“||Dinnerbone is a super nice guy, and adds lots of fancy features to Minecraft. He wears ribbons in his hair, and smells of rich mahogany and leather-bound books. He is the co-president of the country of Bonerstan, along with Marc. If you kill him in Minecraft, he drops a kitten. Correction: he gently sets down a kitten, because why would he ever DROP a kitten? He's way too nice for that.||„|
Nathan 'Dinnerbone' Adams is a game developer at Mojang AB who worked on Minecraft, Minecraft: Pocket Edition, and its launcher. A member of the Bukkit team, Adams was hired by Mojang on 28 February 2012 to develop the mod API. His first day at the Mojang office was 27 March 2012, shortly before the first development snapshots for version 1.3.1.
A common trope attributed to Dinnerbone is that he is commonly displayed as being upside-down. His Twitter avatar is flipped and his user model, as well as any mob named "Dinnerbone", will be rendered upside-down.
In October 2015 he announced that he would be "taking a break from Minecraft PC development for a few months." Later, in February 2016, he further elaborated that though he would continue on other projects at Mojang, he had left the Minecraft team. During this time, he worked on the 2017 native launcher. On February 6, 2017, Dinnerbone confirmed he had rejoined the Minecraft team.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Nathan Adams is originally from Shrewsbury, United Kingdom. He says he learned programming through creating MSN bots at age 10. After finishing secondary school, Dinnerbone was rejected from college, so he found a job with a tiny web development company but was made redundant after a few years. Shortly after starting Bukkit, Dinnerbone was hired by Curse where he worked until joining Mojang. Aleksandra Zajac (MissMarzenia) is his fiancée. He announced on August 24, 2016 that he and Aleksandra were expecting a baby boy. The baby was later born on October 2, 2016.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dinnerbone is red-green colorblind, the most common type of colorblindness.
- Dinnerbone's username is a tribute to an old friend of his named Teabone (T-bone).
- Dinnerbone's favorite color is blue and his favorite foods are lasagna and pizza.
- Dinnerbone hates fish.
- Dinnerbone doesn't drink alcohol.
- If you name any mob with a name tag with the name "Dinnerbone", the animal will flip upside down. This naturally extends to himself. Same logic applies for naming a mob "Grumm".
- Dinnerbone can sometimes be found on Mindcrack with other famous youtubers.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Adams' Minecraft skin
References[edit | edit source]
- “Achievement get: First person to have multiple Minecraft games on his Mojang account. dinnerbone.com/media/uploads…” – @Dinnerbone, Jul 16, 2013
- “Learned how to edit the Minecraft wiki. Am I doing it right?” – @Marc_IRL, Jun 18, 2012
- “Arrived at Mojang HQ and did the awkward handshake dance with @notch and some other mojangsters” – @Dinnerbone, Mar 7, 2012
- “So I'm thinking it's time for me to actually have a real Minecraft skin, and not this silly upside down one. To the pixelmakingmachine!” – @Dinnerbone, Sep 30, 2012
- “Things I've learned this week: Turn your avatar upside down, and you'll get lots of messages from helpful people pointing it out to you.” – @Dinnerbone, Sep 13, 2013
- “After that I'm taking a break from Minecraft PC development for a few months. I will be focusing on the new launcher & other cool projects!” – @Dinnerbone, Oct 15, 2015
- [email protected]_decent I don't work on Minecraft anymore :)” – @Dinnerbone, Feb 19, 2016
- “Spent today moving desks at Mojang... Oh hey, I'm rejoining the Minecraft PC team! It's been so long, so much has changed!” – @Dinnerbone, February 6, 2017
- [email protected] @KebabuTurka My fiancee, @MissMarzenia, is polish :)” – @Dinnerbone, May 7, 2013
- “Lots of people asking why I won't be going to Minecon. It's because I'll be too busy learning how to use these!” – @Dinnerbone, August 24, 2016
- “(It's gonna be a boy. If it were a girl, it'd be "Wednesday Adams" no question.)” – @Dinnerbone, August 24, 2016
- [email protected] I once, long ago when I was new to the whole interwebs thing, knew a cool guy named Teabone. I took this name in respect to him” – @Dinnerbone, Sep 19, 2012
- [email protected] Just minecraft fishing mechanic. Not real fishing! I hate fish. :(” – @Dinnerbone, Aug 4 2013
- [email protected] I don't drink. :(” – @Dinnerbone, Feb 22, 2014
|4J Studios sites|
|Telltale Games sites|
|Block by Block sites|