Mods/Installing forge mods
|The contents of this page are not supported by Mojang AB, the Minecraft Wiki, the or the .|
Minecraft version 1.6 to present
- Go to files.minecraftforge.net or use the links below. If you use the links below, skip step 2.
- Find the latest or recommended build for your version of Minecraft (must be 1.6+). The download links are next to the build and Minecraft version, download the one called 'Installer'.
- Once it has downloaded, either run it (Windows) or double-click it in the 'Downloads' list/folder (OS X and Windows). Linux users have to run the JAR file manually, with a command such as
java -jar <installerName>
- This will open a window called 'Mod System Installer'. Keep the 'Install Client' box ticked
- (Optional) If you want to choose a different install directory, click on the '...' button next to the box saying the file path of the default install directory (.minecraft folder) then just simply select the folder you want to install into
- Click install and wait for it to finish
- Open the new MinecraftLauncher and either select the profile 'Forge' or click 'Edit Profile' and change the version 'release x.x.x-Forgex.xx.x.xxx' ('x' means that it could be any build, e.g. 1.6.4-Forge22.214.171.1244)
Here is a video guide on how to install forge for 1.6 and later versions.
Here is a more in depth guide on how to install forge and mod.
Minecraft Forge 1.6.2: http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-126.96.36.1991.jar
Minecraft 1.5 and prior
This is for installing Forge API on old versions of Minecraft. It is now out of date as 1.6 allows for a Minecraft Forge "SimpleInstaller"
- Pick out the mods you want and download them. Usually, it says what version it is in the name of the download - such as: mod - 1.7.2.jar. The download will be a Zip or Java file.
- Now you need to download Minecraft Forge, The link will be at the bottom of this post. You need to download the version of Forge that matches the version of the mod. If you download 1.7.2 Forge, you need all 1.7.2 mods.
- If you haven't already, run regular Minecraft under that version.
- Run the Forge Client installer.
- Go to your .minecraft folder. You can get to your .minecraft by clicking the 'Start' button and typing in your search bar '%appdata%' then clicking roaming then clicking .minecraft. For XP users you would use 'run' instead of search.
- Go to your newly created "mods" folder.
- Drag your downloaded mods into the folder.
- Close the folder and open the new version of Minecraft that's called 1.*.*-Forge**.**.*.****. (The * will be replaced with the version numbers)
- Don't forget to Force Update! Close it thereafter.
- Go into your Library via the Finder app and enter the Application Support folder.
- After you find the folder "minecraft", go into the bin folder and extract minecraft.jar with the app The Unarchiver.
- Install the version of Forge, it should extract on its own. It will contain several classes.
- Place the new classes in the extracted folder one by one. You can also delete META-INF if you wish (it is recommended). Don't forget to remove the materials from the ibxm folder as well!
- Test Minecraft, and if a menu pops up, you've successfully installed Forge!
- Add any mods that you wish in the mods folder in the finder (or the coremods folder if it is a coremod), and enjoy!
Minecraft Forge 1.4.2: http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge-universal-188.8.131.521.zip
Minecraft Forge 1.4.4: http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge-universal-184.108.40.2062.zip
Minecraft Forge 1.4.5: http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/minecraftforge-universal-1.4.5-220.127.116.116.zip
Minecraft Forge 1.4.6: http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/minecraftforge-universal-1.4.6-18.104.22.1687.zip
Minecraft Forge 1.4.7: http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-22.214.171.1247.zip
Minecraft Forge 1.5.1: http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/minecraftforge-universal-1.5.1-126.96.36.1998.zip
Minecraft Forge 1.5.2: http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-188.8.131.524.zip
Older Versions: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,5.0.html