|The contents of this page are not supported by Mojang AB, the Minecraft Wiki, the or the .|
Kodaichizero, now SanandreasP, SilverChiren, and CliffracerX
The Clay Soldiers mod allows you to make, as said in the name, clay soldiers. Clay Soldiers can be upgraded with many different things. Dirt horses are also in the mod which Clay Soldiers can ride on.
About Clay Soldiers
Clay soldiers is a popular mod in Minecraft. This mod is about small soldiers that fight for their color. Using a variety of weapons and armor, the soldiers will fight to the death to achieve the goal of being the last color team left alive in a battle. The weapons and armor have to be provided by the player to the soldiers. Other than killing other color soldiers, soldiers could also be used by the player to attack hostile mobs in old versions of the mod.
New Clay Specials
Now even newer clay men called Black Brawler (attack all, made by an ink sac) and White Citizens (never attack, no matter what, made by bone meal). (These were later removed, in favor of them being a behavior upgrade.)
This mod also includes easter eggs of soldiers with rare skins. These soldiers are either the skins of the developers of the mod, or famous YouTube players.
How to create Clay Soldiers
Clay Soldiers can be upgraded with:
- Leather (For armor)
- Wool (For upgraded armor)
- Sticks (Gives attack boost)
- Flint (To sharpen the stick)
- Gold nugget (To make a solider into a king)
- Gold ingot (To give golden armor to a king soldier)
- Redstone (For blinding enemies)
- Slime (Glues enemy soldier to the ground, wears off pretty quickly)
- Glowstone dust (To make the soldier glow at night, glowstone blocks for infinite dust)
- Milk (Gives a soldier its default behavior back from effects such as wheat)
- Clay (To revive fallen clay soldiers and mounts)
- Gunpowder (Explodes when killed, doesn't drop items)
- Coal (Increases the fire time of fire-causing weapons)
- Lily pad (Soldiers float)
- Magma cream (Inreases the rate of critical hits on other soldiers and explodes upon death)
- Glistering melon (Heals others, but makes soldier unable to attack)
- Feather (Gives soldier slowfall like a chicken)
- Glass (Increases vision range)
- Diamonds (Increases item durability, and soldier's HP)
- Fermented spider eye (Makes soldiers neutral and only attacks when attacked upon)
- Shear blade (Gives a soldier a melee weapon and if given two the soldier will have dual wield)
- Ender pearl (Corrupts a clay soldier to attack others to corrupt them and will attack you, hard to kill with diamonds, best if you avoid giving super soldiers ender pearls)
- Sugar (Inreases the speed of the soldiers)
- Iron ingot (Iron-core soldiers are unable to ride mounts or use feathers, but they take less knockback and do more to other soldiers)
- Dirt Horse and Snow Pegasus (Mounts to increase mobility of soldiers, dirt horse increases speed and a Pegasus can fly for short distances)
- Gravel (gives soldiers rocks as range weapons)
- Blaze rod (Burns other clay soldiers into brick soldiers)
- Ghast tear (Revives brick soldiers)
- Egg (Scent mask makes soldiers invisible to enemies without glass)
- Bowl (Used for shields)
- Block of iron (Used to upgrade shields, making shields studded, infinite uses)
- Paper (Makes any clay soldiers a cape without being unfair)
- Clay Cookies (Attracts clay soldiers, changes variation of some soldiers)
- Snowball (Slows down hit clay soldiers, ranged upgrade)
- Fire charge (Hits other clay soldiers for burn effect, ranged upgrade)
- Block of gold (Upgrades all items that a king has)
- Nether wart (makes a clay soldier a brawler)
- Wheat (Makes a clay soldier a citizen, who cannot attack)
- Wood (WARNING - Must be in stacks of 5, 10 or 20, Clay Soldiers can't use full stacks of 64 or a single log. Soldiers can make buildings (5 wood blocks makes a small house / 10 makes a medium-sized house / 20 makes a fortress)
- Turtles (Swims in water and has a 50% chance to take damage instead of their rider)
- Rabbit (Jumps high)
- Gecko (Wall-climbing mount)
- Clay Cam - Camera access through right clicking a clay soldier, exit by left shift
- Soldiers will be attracted to fishing rod baits, and dyes their own color.
- To craft a Dirt Horse, you put a 2 dirt on the sides of the bottom row, 2 dirt on the sides of the center row and soul sand in center of the 3×3 crafting square.
- To craft a Snow Pegasus, you put 4 snow blocks on the sides in the two bottom rows with soul sand at center with a feather above it in a 3×3 crafting square.
There are several easter eggs in clay soldiers, so here is a list of them
- You can throw music discs at them, and they will play it.
- If you throw arrows at them, they will pick them up as sharpened sticks and a parachute. However, this is inefficient, as you will lose the flint.
- If you throw spawn eggs at them, they will take a different skin. However, only one type of spawn egg will work for one color of soldier (e.g. a creeper spawn egg will only change a lime green soldier's skin to a creeper, etc.) Have fun with this and experiment to see which one will work with which.
- If you put any horse/pegasus in lava, it has a small chance of becoming an obsidian horse/obsidian pegasus with red eyes. If it is a pegasus, it will have purple wings.
- If you hit any type of turtle with a splash potion of poison, it has a small chance to become a poison turtle with red eyes and take on a green color.
- If you drop a bow, soldiers will die on contact and the game will produce a death message.
- If you splash enough splash potions of poison, they immediately become poison incarnate (immune to poison)
It was originally made by KodaichiZero, then development changed hands to SanAndreasP, SilverChiren, and much later CliffracerX working on the mod.