|This article may need cleanup to comply with the style guide.|
December 2nd, 2009
"Way less than 4 kb"
Minecraft 4k is a version of Minecraft developed for the Java 4K "in way less than 4 kilobytes". This version of the game is very limited and has a low resolution as in the images to the side of the page. Players are restricted to only placing or destroying blocks, with grass blocks being the only type you can place. The same world is generated every time. The only blocks in the world are grass, dirt, stone, wood, leaves, air, and brick, and are randomly located. There is no sky and the map itself is only 64 × 64 × 64 blocks. The game also appears to be like Classic - the player is in Creative Mode, there are only a small number of blocks, there is no day/night cycle or mobs, and the map itself is finite. The left and right clicking controls are reversed from current traditional Minecraft controls. Moving the mouse will turn the screen "smoothly", like pressing F8 in Beta, and there is no way to disable this. There is no way to edit the controls or access a menu.
There are 16 block IDs (1 nibble each). Dirt is the standard block.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An invisible barrier encompasses the map, preventing the player from walking out, falling through, or going above it.
- The map's dimensions are 64 × 64 × 64, or 262,144 blocks.
- Leaves don't despawn when the wood around them is destroyed like they do in standard Minecraft.
- The M.jar file that Minecraft 4k is played from is a mere 2.52KB (2.581 Bytes and 391 lines of code).
- You have to click the applet screen before you can move or jump (field of view moves with the mouse).
- Clicking the mouse wheel does the same function as left mouse clicking.
- Pressing SHIFT will toggle if you can move or not.
- You cannot fly, just like in Classic.
- No mobs exist in the game.
- The textures are generated randomly in code, but have the same tint like in Minecraft Classic. The dirt textures are very different.
- The world is always the same generated with the seed 18295169.
References[edit | edit source]