Minecart with TNT
dec: 407 hex: 197 bin: 110010111
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Minecarts with TNT can be retrieved just like other minecarts, by attacking it.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
Minecart with TNT will detonate on these conditions:
- It moves over a powered Activator Rail (after 4 second delay like the TNT block).
- It derails and falls more than three blocks.
- It is destroyed while in motion.
- It is destroyed by fire, lava or an explosion.
- It turns on a curved track too fast, with a solid block or entity located beside the track (in the previous movement direction).
- It is hit by a flaming arrow.
Upon detonation, it will act as normal TNT, exploding and damaging nearby scenery, players, and entities. Upon detonation after activating on activator rail, it will not destroy its rails and the blocks the rail is on, however other nearby carts can. The faster the minecart, the more powerful the explosion.
Data values[edit | edit source]
Entity data[edit | edit source]
- See also: Chunk format
ID[edit | edit source]
A minecart's ID distinguishes between the different minecart types.
||Minecart with Chest|
||Minecart with Furnace|
||Minecart with TNT|
||Minecart with Hopper|
||Minecart with Command Block|
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.5||13w02a||Added minecart with TNT.|
|13w03a||No longer destroys nearby rails and rail supports during explosion.|
|1.8||14w11a||Minecart with TNT explosions no longer stack.|
|14w26a||Minecart with TNT can be detonated using arrows on fire.|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID is changed from
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.14.0||build 1||Added minecart with TNT.|
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Patch 1||Added TNT minecarts.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Minecart with TNT” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A direct hit from three merged minecarts with TNT can reduce a fully diamond armored player to half a heart.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The 13w02a banner, with a minecart with TNT and a hopper.
Dinnerbone showing how TNT carts have controlled explosions.