Minecart with TNT
dec: 407 hex: 197 bin: 110010111
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Minecarts with TNT can be retrieved just like other minecarts, by attacking it while in Survival or Adventure mode.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
Minecart with TNT will detonate on these conditions:
- It moves over a powered Activator Rail (after 4 second delay like the TNT block).
- It hits the ground with a downward velocity of it falling more than three blocks, unless landing on any form of rail.
- It is destroyed while in motion. (Does not explode if destroyed by a player in Creative mode.)
- It is destroyed by fire, lava or an explosion.
- It turns on a curved track too fast, with a solid block or entity located beside the track (in the previous movement direction).
- It is hit by a flaming arrow. (Explosion size is dependent on the speed of the arrow)
- It is pressed into a block or entity and has velocity.
Upon detonation, it will act as normal TNT, exploding and damaging nearby scenery, players, and entities. Upon detonation after activating on activator rail, it will not destroy its rails and the blocks the rail is on, however other nearby carts can. The faster the minecart, the more powerful the explosion.
Minecart with TNT will bounce off of other minecarts and cannot be linked to a Minecart with Furnace.
Data values[edit | edit source]
Entity data[edit | edit source]
- See also: Chunk format
Minecarts with TNT have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the entity. Their entity ID is
tnt_minecart in the computer edition, or
minecarttnt in Pocket Edition.
ID[edit | edit source]
A minecart's ID distinguishes between the different minecart types.
|Minecart type||Item Name||Item Dec||Item Hex||Entity Name||Entity Dec||Entity Hex|
Minecart with Chest
Minecart with Furnace
Minecart with TNT
Minecart with Hopper
Minecart with Command Block
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.5||13w02a||Added minecart with TNT.|
|13w03a||No longer destroys nearby rails and rail supports during explosion.|
|1.8||14w11a||Minecart with TNT explosions no longer stack.|
|14w26a||Minecart with TNT can be detonated using arrows on fire.|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID is changed from
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.14.0||build 1||Added minecart with TNT.|
|Upcoming Pocket Edition|
|1.1||build 1||The entity ID is changed from
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Patch 1||Added TNT minecarts.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Minecart with TNT” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A direct hit from three merged minecarts with TNT can reduce a fully diamond armored player to half a heart.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The 13w02a banner, with a minecart with TNT and a hopper.
Dinnerbone showing how TNT carts have controlled explosions.