dec: 111 hex: 6F bin: 1101111
Lily pads can be mined with any tool, or without a tool.
|Block||Hardness||Tool||Breaking time (seconds)|
Lily pads can be found naturally on water in swampland biomes. It is also possible for lily pads to generate on the surface of underground lakes.
Lily pads can be obtained as a "treasure" item while fishing.
Lily pads can be used to make paths over water without having to build bridges or use full blocks. Lily pads are destroyed when water flows on it.
Lily pads can only be placed on top of water. Lily pads occupy the block above water and are not part of the water block itself.
Lily pads face a consistent direction which depends on their location and is not affected by the direction the player is facing. Replacing a lily pad will not change the direction.
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre1||Added lily pads. Lily pads are non-solid, and can only be placed in swamplands.|
|Beta 1.9-pre6||Lily pads are now solid blocks.|
|1.3.1||12w21a||Boats no longer break when they collide at high speed with lily pads. Instead, the lily pad is destroyed.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||Lily pads can be caught in fishing as treasure.|
|1.8||14w25a||Lily pads are now brighter in the inventory.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.9.0||build 1||Added lily pads.|
|build 3||Lily pads are now brighter in the inventory.|
|TU7||Added lily pads.|
- Mobs cannot spawn on lily pads.
- Lily pads are destroyed when the water beneath freezes.
- When lily pads are placed on water source blocks that do not take up the space of the entire block (when the water is flowing to the block next to it), the lily pad will appear floating above the water source block.
- In the Console Edition, if a swamp is next to a taiga at the edge of the world, lily pads in the swamp may spread to the taiga ocean, which could be frozen, causing it to generate on ice.
- Lily pads are the shortest solid block in Minecraft, being a measly 0.016 blocks tall.
- If you sprint on lily pads, they will give off water particles.