Light Blue Dye
dec: 35112 hex: 15F12 bin: 10101111112
Light blue dye is a primary dye.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
Like all other dyes, light blue dye can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of light blue wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- Used to dye leather armor.
- Used to dye wool, or stain glass or hardened clay.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
Crafting ingredient[edit | edit source]
Hardened Clay +
White Wool +
|Up to eight dyes can be added.
Up to one of any head, a gold nugget, a feather, or a fire charge can be added.
Both the diamond and the glowstone dust can be added with any of the other ingredients.
Light Blue Banner pattern
Light Blue Dye +
Light Blue Banner image
Data values[edit | edit source]
Light blue dye has the ID name
minecraft:dye, with a data value of 12.
|7||Light Gray Dye|
|12||Light Blue Dye|
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.2||Added light blue dye.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added the ability to dye leather armor and wolf collars.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Light blue dye can be crafted with gunpowder to create a firework star.|
|1.6.1||13w19a||Stained clay can now be crafted.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||With the addition of new flowers, many secondary and tertiary dyes are now primary dyes.|
|13w41a||Stained glass can now be crafted.|
|1.8||14w30a||Added banners which can be dyed.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.4.0||Added light blue dye.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Light Blue Dye” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.