One Minecraft block is represented as a 1x1 plate with a tile on top. LEGO states that this is not a perfect cube, but it is "the best approximation at the chosen scale." The surface of the four modules comes off to reveal mines and water beneath. Builders can build their own landscapes, stack cubes on top of each other, and freely build on the world. Each module is 12x12, and the sets may come with several of these modules.
On the 2nd November 2013, during Minecon, it was announced that The Lego Group would be creating a fully fledged mini-figure scale theme. It is the first time Lego will be working with fans to create the new series of sets, they call this the co-build project. Currently they have mentioned the idea of 'Steve's shelter' and in the background of some videos on the Lego youtube page you see what appears to be a Desert Temple and Jungle Temple along with multiple block and mob ideas. No date on there release has yet to be mentioned. More on their FaceBook page.
 Set information
The Micro World set centers around the Player (Steve) and one of the game's antagonists, a Creeper. The scene is depicted in The Overworld and depicts two biomes, including a mountain, caves, forest and grassland. The Village features structures in the village, and an abandoned mine shaft. It includes blocks for constructing houses, along with the Pig, Villager, and Zombie figures. The Nether is a stylised depiction of the Nether, and contains lava sea, a lava stream flowing down a hill, Nether Fortress, and a Nether Portal to connect to the Overworld. It also includes two Ghasts and a Zombie Pigman. The End is a stylised depiction of the End, and contains the Ender Dragon, six obsidian pillars with ender crystals on top of them, an exit end portal and endermen.
The "Micro World" sets can be purchased through the websites Jinx and Lego.com.
|21102||Micro World||$34.99 / €34.99||June 1, 2012||480||2|||
|21105||Micro World The Village||$35||September 1, 2013||466||3|||
|21106||Micro World The Nether||$35||September 1, 2013||469||3|||
- The first set was released on Markus Persson's birthday.
- The first page of the building instructions features a paragraph of text explaining what Minecraft is. This paragraph is a verbatim copy of the "About Minecraft" section on the wiki's Main Page.
- Also, in the illustration in the first page Herobrine is present.
Mojang had started a project on the LEGO CUUSOO program, which requires 10,000 signatures for a project to be approved. With the strong support of the Minecraft community, the 10,000 signature objective was achieved in three days, and the development of the LEGO Minecraft set commenced after Lego reviewed the project. Mojang will donate 1% of the proceeds to charity. The first set was subsequently released June 1, 2012.
The second set The Village and the third The Nether were announced at Comic-Con 2013.. The fourth set "The End" was announced through a teaser on 8 March followed by a reveal on 14 March on the LEGO Minecraft Facebook page.
- Official website
- The official LEGO page
- Official LEGO Minecraft facebook page
- LEGO Minecraft on Wikipedia
- http://kotaku.com/5885631/minecraft-micro-world-debuts-at-lego-world-copenhagen-shipping-summer-2012/gallery/ Minecraft Micro World Debuts At LEGO World Copenhagen, Shipping Summer 2012
- http://blog.lego.cuusoo.com/2012/02/15/announcing-lego-minecraft-micro-world-the-thi/ Announcing LEGO Minecraft™ Micro World, the third LEGO® CUUSOO product.
- http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Minecraft-21102 LEGO store page
|4J Studios site|