dec: 3514 hex: 15F4 bin: 0001010111114
|Lapis Lazuli Block||
|Ingredients||Input » Output|
|Lapis Lazuli Ore||
Note that this is both inefficient and wasteful, as a Silk Touch-enchanted pickaxe is needed to collect the ore block, and when mined Lapis Lazuli ore produces 4-8 Lapis Lazuli items, rather than just one by smelting.
Like all other dyes, Lapis Lazuli can be:
- applied to sheep, which will yield 1–3 blocks of blue wool when shorn.
- applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- combined with gunpowder to make a Firework Star.
- combined with a Firework Star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- used to dye leather armor.
 As a crafting ingredient
|Lapis Lazuli Block||Lapis Lazuli||
|Blue Wool||Lapis Lazuli +
|Blue Stained Clay||Hardened Clay +
|Blue Stained Glass||Glass +
|Light Blue Dye||Lapis Lazuli +
|Cyan Dye||Lapis Lazuli +
|Purple Dye||Lapis Lazuli +
 Data values
|7||7||0111||Light Gray Dye|
|12||C||1100||Light Blue Dye|
|1.2||Added Lapis Lazuli.|
|1.2_02||Lapis Lazuli Ore can be found at bedrock level and now it drops 4–8 Lapis Lazuli per block mined (increased from 1) on single player only (Minecraft beta servers have not been affected yet).|
|1.2.5||The pick block key was broken, if you used it on lapis lazuli ore you would get an ink sac, unlike if you tried on diamond, coal, redstone, gold, or iron. This is because lapis is a dye that drops from an ore, and is a data value of the ink sac.|
|1.3||The pick block glitches were fixed.|
- In real life, lapis lazuli is a medium hard stone used for making jewelry and as a pigment.
- Lapis lazuli dye was going to be a crafting ingredient for the block Crying Obsidian, but neither the block nor the recipe were ever added.
- Lapis lazuli is the only dye that can be crafted into a block.
- Using a Fortune III pickaxe, it is possible to get half a stack of lapis lazuli from one ore block, giving it the highest maximum yield with Fortune.