|Date of birth||
May 18, 1979 (age 34)
Indie game developer
|Minecraft Wiki name|
Jens "Jeb" Bergensten is a Mojang AB employee currently working as the lead developer of Minecraft and Minecraft - Pocket Edition. Jeb took the position following Minecraft's release and Notch, former lead developer, stepping down. On December 13, 2012, he announced that as of that day, he was the lead programmer of the Pocket Edition. He has his own website for his indie games. Jeb frequents the Minecraft Wiki as Jeb, where he was particularly active in the issue lists, which he sanctioned as the official place to report and discuss Minecraft bugs and annoyances. Jeb's Minecraft account is
Starting out as a back-end developer for Scrolls, Jeb became increasingly involved in the development of Minecraft, implementing features like wolves, pistons, and map structures (villages, strongholds and nether fortresses). As of May 2012, his tweets now appear on the homepage of minecraft.net, in place of Notch's.
In 2013, he was included in the annual TIME 100 list along with Notch.
If you look in the Scrolls trailer, Jeb is called gingerwithasoul. He was once called this on Mojang's blog.
- Minecraft - Lead developer
- Scrolls - Back-end developer
- Cobalt - A platformer in developement.
- Strategist - Turn-based strategy game with a deep captivating story.
- Harvest: Massive Encounter - An award-winning arcade real-time strategy game.
- Dawn of Daria - Discontinued "MMOFL", an online, massively multiplayer, fantasy life.
- House Globe - 2D RTS, Homeworld de-make
- Fillauth - Fallout de-make
- Because It's fun, Fay - Cooperative platformer
- Whispers in Akarra - Online RPG
Jeb's wife, Jenny (from @242_girl)
|4J Studios site|