Jens Peder Bergensten
|Date of birth|
Indie game developer
|Also known as|
|Minecraft Wiki name|
Jens "Jeb" Bergensten is a Mojang AB employee currently working as the lead developer of Minecraft and Minecraft - Pocket Edition. Jeb joined Mojang in November 2010 as a game developer, and later took the lead position in December 2011 when Markus Persson stepped down. On December 12, 2012, he announced that he would also take the lead of the Pocket Edition.
Starting out as a back-end developer for Scrolls, Jeb became increasingly involved in the development of Minecraft, implementing features like wolves, pistons, and map structures (villages, strongholds and nether fortresses). As of May 2012, his tweets now appear on the homepage of minecraft.net, in place of Notch's.
In 2013, he was included in the annual TIME 100 list along with Notch.
- Minecraft - Lead developer
- Scrolls - Back-end developer
- Cobalt - A platformer in developement.
- Strategist - Turn-based strategy game with a deep captivating story.
- Harvest: Massive Encounter - An award-winning arcade real-time strategy game.
- Dawn of Daria - Discontinued "MMOFL", an online, massively multiplayer, fantasy life.
- House Globe - 2D RTS, Homeworld de-make
- Fillauth - Fallout de-make
- Because It's fun, Fay - Cooperative platformer
- Whispers in Akarra - Online RPG
- Jeb is referred to as "gingerwithasoul" in the Scrolls trailer.
Jeb's wife, Jenny (from @242_girl)
|4J Studios site|