|This page contains content that is no longer in the game.
These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft.
Humans used to be created by pressing G while playing in Classic mode, but this function was later removed. They used to be spawned by using a map editor or mod. When spawned, however, they pursue and kill the player. Strangely, they do not use the punching animation that a normal player would use, they only run into the player like a zombie would.
Humans could not create or delete blocks, they would just move around the map aimlessly, walking in slightly imperfect circles and jumping occasionally. While walking, they would flail their arms around and move their head randomly. Humans were affected by solid blocks, but strangely not liquids, walking through them as if they were air. If the player has a custom skin, any humans created will still use default skin and will not assume the look of the player.
|rd-132328||Humans are added using the skin and model from Zombie Town.|
|rd-160052||You can now spawn a human by pressing G.|
|0.0.15a||Removed the possibility to spawn humans.|
|1.0||The goatee is removed from the human skin.|
|1.6.6||The change log contained the message “Removed Herobrine". This was Notch “joking" when removing parts of the coding for the Human mob. This and the following three “Herobrine removed" mentions that appeared in Betas 1.7, 1.7_01 and 1.8.1 removed the individual class files for the Human, merely making it somewhat of a default mob. It could still be spawned, but it possessed the default health, (10 hearts) spawn conditions, (Light level 7) melee attack, view distance, and various other parameters shared by all other hostile mobs at the time. The mob at this time now was called “Monster" instead of “Human".|
|1.8||The “Removed Herobrine" message was mentioned again in the Beta 1.8 changelog, where all the code for the human mob had been disabled/removed, and the ability to hack the mob into the game with spawn commands or spawners were removed. In the 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6.1, 1.7.2 and 1.8 updates, Jeb wrote “Removed Herobrine" again, but as a “joke".|
|1.8||The leftover AI for humans is removed.|
- Humans, when spawned, may head to the left for half a second, before turning around to attack the player.
- If a Human spawner is placed in Beta 1.8 or later, it will be blank and mobs won't spawn.
- Coding for humans was still present until 1.8 (under the generic name “Monster"). What was actually removed in Beta 1.8 was the model.
- It is unknown if Humans exist in the Xbox Edition (in versions when PC was pre-Beta 1.8). It may be true if you changed the version to a pre-Beta 1.8 equivalent, and you tweak the mob spawner to "Monster" via mods.
- Before it was removed, Humans would sometimes spawn in the Far Lands because it had no biome ID.
- Humans use the old Player model, so they are actually taller than the player.
- NPC Villager - human-like mobs that move around their village
- NPC Village - the homes that the villagers live in