dec: 382 hex: 17E bin: 000101111110
Glistering Melons can be crafted with eight Gold Nuggets and a Melon at a crafting table. This makes them one of the easiest potion ingredients to get, because just 1 Gold Ingot will make 9 Gold Nuggets, and even very small Melon farms can produce many melons.
|Gold Nugget +
Glistering Melons can be added to Water Bottles to create Mundane Potions, which can then be made into Potions of Weakness. They can also be added to Awkward Potions to create Potions of Healing.
|Ingredients||Input » Output|
Potion of Healing
|1.9pre4||Glistering Melon was added. They replaced Ghast Tears as the ingredient to produce Potions of Healing due to the difficulty in getting Tears.|
|1.6||13w23a||Changed recipe to use eight gold nuggets instead of one.|
- The name is not a typo of "glistening" - glistering is an English word meaning to shine or glisten.
- In the language file, the glistering melon is referred to as a "speckled melon".
- The Gold Nuggets seems to make the Glistering Melon inedible, even though other food containing gold in it, like the Golden Apple and the Golden Carrot, can still be eaten.
- The Glistering Melon image is facing the other way compared to the regular melon image.
- The seeds in the Melon seems to be replaced with the Gold Nuggets