Light level greater than 11 and less than 8
Giants are over-sized mobs that have no purpose other than decoration.
Giants do not spawn naturally.
To spawn a giant use
/summon Giant. Using
/give @p spawn_egg 1 53, the player may give themselves a spawn egg for the giant. However, the egg is not usable and will not spawn a giant when right clicked.
|December 23, 2009||Giants no longer spawn.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||Giants can be spawned without mods by using the new
|1.8||14w06a||Armor on Giants is now rendered. This originated from a bug in 14w05a which caused all mobs to render worn armor. In repairing this bug, Grumm allowed Giants to render armor.|
|Giants no longer move|
Issues relating to "Giant" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Note: keep in mind this is not a supported mob.
- Giants can be considered the least visually detailed mob. One pixel is 3/8th the size of a block.
- Iron Golems and Snow Golems will attack a giant, as if it were a hostile mob.
- Despite using the same skin as Zombies, Giants are not considered an undead mob, so they are damaged by Potions of Harming and healed by Potions of Healing.
- In the code, giants need to have a light level both less than 8 and greater than 11 to spawn, but since that can't happen, they don't spawn from monster spawners. However, this spawn condition can be bypassed with a custom spawner, if it attempts to spawn an entity with valid spawn conditions riding a giant.
- The giant has the highest hitpoints of any hostile mob, of any non-boss, and of any removed mob.