Friendly Update (Pocket Edition)
From Minecraft Wiki
The official name for the update, the Friendly Update, was revealed on June 3, 2016 in a blog post on the Mojang website.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Realms, which requires logging into an Xbox Live account
- Achievements for iOS and Android devices
- Online multiplayer via Xbox Live
- Pig riding
- Pistons and sticky pistons
- The observer, a block update detector.
- Sheep now drop mutton.
- Tipped arrows, which are made by using cauldrons
- Leather horse armor, which can be dyed.
- Seven new mobs: horses, mules, donkeys, skeleton traps, zombie horses, strays, and husks.
- Name tags
- Fire charges
- Carrot on a stick
- Villages now spawn in taiga biomes and ice plains biomes.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Trapdoors no longer require supporting blocks.
- Shears now lose durability when breaking any block.
- For performance, online multiplayer now uses less bandwidth.
- Villages in savanna biomes now use acacia wood.
Further revisions[edit | edit source]
- Alpha 0.15.1 fixed some bugs and crashes from Alpha 0.15.0.
- Alpha 0.15.2 fixed some bugs and crashes from Alpha 0.15.1.
- Alpha 0.15.3 fixed some bugs and crashes from Alpha 0.15.2.
- Alpha 0.15.4 fixed some bugs and crashes from Alpha 0.15.3.
- Alpha 0.15.6 added some features specific for virtual reality, and also fixed some bugs and crashes from Alpha 0.15.4.
- Alpha 0.15.7 added the Natural texture pack and also fixed some issues with virtual reality.
- Alpha 0.15.8 added the Fantasy texture pack and fixed a few bugs.
- Alpha 0.15.9 added the Minecon 2016 skin pack with capes and with few bug fixes.
- Alpha 0.15.10 added the Campfire Tales skin pack.
References[edit | edit source]