|Tile Entity ID||
A flower pot is a decorative block that allows plants in it.
 World generation
One flower pot spawns in every witch hut, containing a red mushroom. This is not the best source in the game, though, as witch huts spawn only rarely.
Flower pots can be placed on upside-down slabs and upside-down stairs. They can not be placed on normal slabs and stairs. Flower pots are 3/8 block high and can be stepped on. It is not possible to walk from the top of a flower pot onto a full sized block without jumping.
|16th August, 2012||Dinnerbone tweeted the first image of flower pots.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added flower pots.|
|12w40a||Flower pots now naturally spawn inside witch huts with a red mushroom.|
|TU14||Added flower pots.|
Issues relating to "Flower Pot" are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- The flower pot is based on a suggestion from Reddit, like Ender chests and item frames.
- When placed in a flower pot, cacti will not harm the player or destroy items.
- Cacti in flower pots appear to grow on soil, although cacti can normally only be planted on sand.
- Flower pots break falling sand and gravel blocks.
- Like cake, bed and hoppers, flower pots have a circular shape when viewed in an inventory, but has a square shape when placed.
- When aiming at the side of a transparent block behind or above a crafting table the pot will not be placed on said block but on top of the crafting table instead. The same method works for furnaces and dispensers, but not for fences, cauldrons or chests.
The first image of flower pots, released by Dinnerbone.